Occult WAR? ---------- Eva
    Steadfast PLD -------- PDT -50%
    Brawny DRK? -----------Attack
    Fleet WAR? ---------- Haste
    Hexbreaking BLM ----- ?
    Honed RDM? ----------?
    Insidious RDM? -------M. eva
    Martial DRK? ---------Regen

Can anyone fill in the blanks or confirm the ?s ? not that the specific jobs are all that important, but the boss-buffs are good to know so you can adjust buffs/food/gear to compensate. Maybe MAB for blm and ... Macc for rdm? would make those fairly inconsequential.

Campaign
    BG Level

BPII Delay- on SMN cape can go at least to -2, please update the first post

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Was confirmed to go as high as -3, pretty sure BGWiki reflects that

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Was confirmed to go as high as -3, pretty sure BGWiki reflects that
    Mine is -3.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got the polearm from Tryl-Wuj (the BST or DRG or whatever), and then later my brother got it from Liij-Vok (WHM). Not sure if people had been keeping track of the gear drops, but I was surprised that they don't seem to be tied to specific NMs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul View Post
    Got the polearm from Tryl-Wuj (the BST or DRG or whatever), and then later my brother got it from Liij-Vok (WHM). Not sure if people had been keeping track of the gear drops, but I was surprised that they don't seem to be tied to specific NMs.
    As far as I can tell, shit seems random.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

The buffs those Adherents give are stupid, wish you could get rid of them somehow.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Is doing 141 even efficient? Sure you can probably get like 20 coffers from an NM but I'd assume even one NM at 141 would take the entire 40-45 minutes to kill, while you'd get 7-8 coffers doing just 130, but probably kill more NMs in that timespan. given that even mobs in the mid and high 130's and have jesus evasion/defense/hp. I'm assuming the people doing 140+ have roll with like 4 Idris's and Koga SAMs onry.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

It seems to me spamming Boss is the way to go. In my experience those coffers are much more friendly towards capes. So any ilevel you can comfortably kill the boss seems good to me.

Campaign
    BG Level

I think the "seems more friendly towards capes" is just your bias. Not saying you're doing it on purpose of course.

I've had runs with (Megaboss included) over 60 normal and high quality coffers and not a single cape came out.
    The other day I had around 40 various coffers and got more than 22 capes (shit augments ok, but that's another story).
    My point is that shit is random, I seriously doubt MB has higher chance on capes. Imho the chance is the same but you have a wider pool.
    If you're looking for specific capes I still think spamming the right normal boss is the way to go.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

In my experience, megaboss NQ coffers have a similar Cape % to normal NM HQ coffers, but you're targeting all the capes. Megaboss HQ coffers are a very high Cape-or-REx chance (>75%?).

If you're going for a specific cape and that's all you care about, I think targeting a single NQ NM might be better for you. If you're not or want a wide variety of capes, I bet entering -> killing the boss -> exiting is the best you can do.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

That is why I said in my experience. Feel free to add your own.

Edit: Pretty much what Byrth said is my experience. Spammed Liij to target SCH cape but 4 out of my 6 capes came from the Boss coffers even tho I rolled against all jobs.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've had similar experience with my LS. Capes are about 10% from NQ coffers on Normal NM, so we pretty much stopped doing them.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Same experiences as Orestes and Lyramion. Plus it's easier to agree on for the group, otherwise you end up pushing for multiple NMs per clear, possibly needing to do a lower CL to fit them in. Spamming 128ish Gramk in 10 minutes or less over and over just works out better.

And just personally, fuck Durs. I've easily gotten well over a dozen Cor capes from his coffers while I've only gotten 2 Geo capes from him. Just yesterday I got 4 Geo's outta 60ish Gramk coffers. Luck and bias, sure, but less frustration, fairer, faster, safer with a pug, and a chance of getting 100-400k worth of scrolls instead of Geodes and Avatarites, I'd take Gramk spam any day over individual NMs.

Campaign
    BG Level

Well those are all good points, I have to admit.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah megaboss hq coffer is either gil pr hq item like 75-80% of the time but i suspect the gil is given when an r/ ex item is granted but you already possess it. Hq coffers from nms feels like. 20-25% cape chance.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Well those are all good points, I have to admit.
    I accept your surrender

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul View Post
    I've personally never seen item drops deviate from specific NMs like that. Searching my logs gives me 12 instances of Liij dropping polearm, 7 of club dropping from Tryl, 4 of fleuret from Ignor-Mnt, etc. If it isn't NM-specific, then they at least heavily favor certain drops, and I likely just haven't done enough Incursion to see them deviate from that.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by KuKuKaChoo View Post
    I've personally never seen item drops deviate from specific NMs like that. Searching my logs gives me 12 instances of Liij dropping polearm, 7 of club dropping from Tryl, 4 of fleuret from Ignor-Mnt, etc. If it isn't NM-specific, then they at least heavily favor certain drops, and I likely just haven't done enough Incursion to see them deviate from that.
    it's pretty easy to lose track which coffers you're opening when it's 100s at a time, so yeah i think it's just a mistake

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This is the biggest bitch move of all time:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post533032

tl;dr:
    Clearing iLevel 143 incursion and attempting to level up the event again results in the NPC taking all your key items in exchange for nothing. It's not actually clear from the post whether the poster is stuck at 143 without any warps or whether he's level 128 again. Either way, they basically didn't foresee that iLevel 143 would be clearable and there's no reward or planning in place in the event that it does occur.