Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Incursion!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I think it's about time they buff GEO, honestly
    Are you trying to say they still should or that you are glad of the recent buffs? Cause it's immensely powerful after the last buffs especially with idris

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We use geo+rdm for buff/sleep/stun, work very well for us

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Are you trying to say they still should or that you are glad of the recent buffs? Cause it's immensely powerful after the last buffs especially with idris
    I was just being sarcastic :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Or bring a BLU or two. Sudden Lunge lasts for full duration on everything but NMs
    Been able to stun all NMs there far as I recall, can stun lock most if not all the lesser NMs.
    White Wind and Winds of Promy are amazing in there also

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Doing 125 runs with THF - 100NQ coffers in 1 run... almost takes longer to unzip them than farm them. Might get to the point of just tossing them.

You can send the coffers to mules btw... just can't send Augmented stuff back.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Doing 125 runs with THF - 100NQ coffers in 1 run... almost takes longer to unzip them than farm them. Might get to the point of just tossing them.
    Still hoping that at a high enough level NQs become non-existent and you just get 2-4ish HQs per kill.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Does the MEVA/MACC Geo strategy require Idris? I went on a 124 run with a Dunna Geo (capped skills and good gear), and enfeebles from NQs were still getting through 30% of the time, and NMs were getting enfeebles through about 70% of the time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ranger JSE cape: str+2. agi+3, stp+3, snapshot+3

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Mega boss can do the summon mobs tp move multiple times. He did it on 125, never saw it at 123/124.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Did a PUG with JPs 126. Mega Boss dropped nothing. Bring a fucking THF.

Also there's an annoying glitch where pets don't get warped with the master so they're out of range after using the Waypoint, for like 5-10min because the zone is so big.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Did a PUG with JPs 126. Mega Boss dropped nothing. Bring a fucking THF.

Also there's an annoying glitch where pets don't get warped with the master so they're out of range after using the Waypoint, for like 5-10min because the zone is so big.
    That's sadly normal with any warp that doesn't change map and I think even some that do. Kinda blows for bst with timers and item usage but smn and pup can just dismiss get back. Drgs probably still get the new bonus out of range and wont have to take time to use jas to keep the chicken alive! So it might actually up their dps

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Tryl-wuj is accompagned by two Peapuks instead of one.
    Mega Boss can use Battle Trance more than once. The second use won't pop more adds (unless they have already been killed) but make them lvl up. Battle Trance gives also Haste, Protect and Shell on Gramk.
    Coming Through / Merciless Mauling can do almost 4k during MS now, DT equip, Stun or EA/Scherzo advised.
    Croctastrophy is physical actually but Galumph is definitely magic Earth based, also inflicts Stun with a -25% Attack Down.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Does the MEVA/MACC Geo strategy require Idris? I went on a 124 run with a Dunna Geo (capped skills and good gear), and enfeebles from NQs were still getting through 30% of the time, and NMs were getting enfeebles through about 70% of the time.
    Are they capped skill/geared otherwise? No, I haven't seen a debuff get through with our non-Idris GEOs.

Edit: Oh, and are you wearing 119 equipment? That's going to make a big difference

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    Mega Boss can use Battle Trance more than once. The second use won't pop more adds (unless they have already been killed) but make them lvl up. Battle Trance gives also Haste, Protect and Shell on Gramk.
    Coming Through / Merciless Mauling can do almost 4k during MS now, DT equip, Stun or EA/Scherzo advised.
    Killed him on 125 earlier but had a full ally for fun so didnt notice many details when bruteforcing him down. Noticed the 2nd Battletrance and got scared but like you mentioned no adds popped past 10. I'm using a timed Sleepga > Breakga rotation for adds keeping them in place which works well if I dont fuck it up (which I sometimes do, no excuses). Boss is moderatly resistant to black magic Sleep at 123 even, maybe 50%-70% landrate on SCH without Geo schenanigans. However Gravity and Bind seem to land without a problem so far even at 125.

We also had him pop Battletrance at 100% HP once when trying to stall for weakened members and wiped as we didnt expect it.

We let our THF steal Mightystrikes with Larceny when possible.

I really like the increasing difficulty mechanic. However it makes you gradually start to percieve certain PT members that were fine on lower levels as the weak links, especially with the wonky hate in there. The full time Empy Armor BRD that was fine to bring into Allu Skirmishes but now gets mauled by adds, the WHMs with all too many Empy+2 pieces in his idle gear getting KOd, the fulltime Thaumas sporting "It's fine on tojil" MNK, the "my 2% DA in Qaaxo is better than having an accuracy option" DD etc

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Starting at 126 the MB gains noticeably higher resistance to sleep and eventually stun(started resisting a RDM's stun around 2-3min into the fight on 126). Can still land sleep easily with ES and both sleep/stun with GEO meva-/macc+, though.

It seems each level you increase the event by, it raises max possible coffer drops by 1(3 for 125, 4 for 126 and 5 for 127).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I did 125 yesterday with a JP PUG and didn't notice anything different from when I roll with my LS that does 122. The lesser NMs were still lvl122 and the adds summoned by the boss were still lvl117. Megaboss didn't seem much stronger, still went down in the same time I'd wager, and my acc wasn't noticeably different; didn't need to put on midacc or highacc at all on anything. Was one shotted for a 2900 TP move from MB though but that can one shot you at lvl122 just as well.

Instead of Scherzo, I'm more of a proponent of Bio III and Dark Shot for a 20ish% attack down which can shave off hundreds of damage from the mob's TP moves since there's no longer any lvl correction. His defense isn't even that high and Angon/Geo stuff is fine for def down. Scherzo is hard to keep up anyway since he loves to dispel people. Need to get out of the mentality of "DIA ALL THE THINGS", it's fine for fodder and lesser NMs, but for boss, if Scherzo isn't possible due to dispel, just Bio 3 it or Geo's Bolstered attack down which cripples it's damage potential even with MS up.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ps0cab67d9.png

Also after randomly doing a 17k SC(not sure how/why), I was wondering, since SC damage can be increased by lowering a mob's resistance to an element as per the patch 6 months ago, wouldn't using a Threnody on a target increase SC damage by a pretty good amount? Since Light is 4 elements and it chooses the element the target is weakest too, if Velkk are weakest to thunder, wouldn't Thunder Threnody(As well as AMII and Ninjutsu and Enspell II) increase SC damage? With the number of Light SCs that go on in a fight, maybe tossing a Threnody or a RDM running up with Enspell II and landing a single hit to reduce mob's Resistance may increase SC damage by Thousands of points over the course of a long fight like Mega Boss?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lowering mob resistance does not affect skillchain damage.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

No. Perhaps it was multi-step.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tryl-wuj has 3 peapuks at 127.

One time (and only once) we got 6 velkk coffers and 1 grand coffer from a single kill. It was the kill immediately after Gramk-Droog. He'd summoned adds at ~10% so we slept the adds and finished him off first. We had no thf, so it may show up more often with one.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Are they capped skill/geared otherwise? No, I haven't seen a debuff get through with our non-Idris GEOs.

Edit: Oh, and are you wearing 119 equipment? That's going to make a big difference
    I was 5/5 119 equipment, yeah. I've gone with them before, and their gear is good, too. I assume their skill is capped, but hard to tell other than their word.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast