BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Lowering mob resistance does not affect skillchain damage.
    June, 2014 Version Update
    Skillchains have been adjusted to that they may no longer be resisted, but their potency will now vary depending on the resistance values of the target

It would be redundant to say this is referring to mob properties(such as certain mobs takkng double damage to a specific elements, because this was already the case before the update). I noticed, doing a light sc against Antica which have a weakness to light(they're dark based) does like double damage to them. Did a Macrocosmic Orb right after the update and was getting like 7-10k skillchains off of 4k weapon skills. Resistance definitely affects potency and threnody'ing a mob probably increases the damage further, also couldnt hurt to throw it on between buffs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Base, relative resistance values. Threnody has no effect, it's been tested.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ahh, I see. That would have been cool though, and tactically useful to use AMII/Threnody to push SC damage higher...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For higher level Incursion like 126+, was thinking 2 DD parties, 3rd PT is like SMN GEO COR THF/DNC(flutter step yo) RDM and WHM.
    RDM does Bio III and COR Dark Shots it for -20% attack, SMN does Tidar Roar(-25%) attack and Geo does Indi-Wilt. RDM keeps up Distract II on current target and Frazzle II's adds so they can be slept. The Megaboss, with like -60-70% Attack Down will be crippled and his AoEs probably won't be doing 4k even with Mighty Strikes due to no level correction. That means BRDs won't need Scherzo.

Also SMN could potentially stun lock with Astral Conduit and Shock Squall maybe? Can Shock Squall even be resisted?

Might be too much theorycraft on jobs but the magic evasion down and attack down seems like a good strategy for making him more suceptible to stun and his AoE less damaging because Scherzo is finicky since shit's being dispelled every few seconds.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've only read thus far of RDM resisting stun at the higher levels, i wouldn't go out of my way and worry about it yet unless someone can confirm that jobs not ranked E in dark magic skill are also resisting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

After you've gotten a certain difficulty unlocked, can you lower and raise up to that level freely, or do you need to gather the KIs again if you lower it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It resist Tidal Roar (must be water based because this BP has an extremely high acc). Which TP move from the Mega Boss can dispel? Velkkan Ambush?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

pup cape with DEX+4 STR+2 and Martial Arts +12, for anyone that cares and is into pup

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Velkkan Pygmachia takes off like 4 buffs and Saurian Swamp is like aoe -30% slow or higher since it overwrites hasteII

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Velkkan Pygmachia takes off like 4 buffs and Saurian Swamp is like aoe -30% slow or higher since it overwrites hasteII
    Any slow that overwrites Haste I will overwrite Haste II, it has nothing to do with relative potency.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Once ppl get Incursion down to a science, is there anything preventing people from just entering at the highest difficulty, warping straight to Gramk-Droog, killing him, popping Onteric Extremity, re-entering, warping straight to Gramk-Droog again and killing him ad infinium? Since you only lose KI when you raise the difficulty, once you reach a difficulty you're comfortable with, can't you just spam the mega boss continuously until 50% of your LS stops coming because they're capped on JSE capes? lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Any slow that overwrites Haste I will overwrite Haste II, it has nothing to do with relative potency.
    Ah for some reason I thought Haste II prevented Ouryu's Bai Wing slow but must have been tripping. I thought it was like Defense Down/Defense Up tiers, where like Acid Bolt will overwrite weak forms of Defense Boost but higher tiers of Defense Boost remove Acid Bolt(like Cocoon or Harden Shell).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Once ppl get Incursion down to a science, is there anything preventing people from just entering at the highest difficulty, warping straight to Gramk-Droog, killing him, popping Onteric Extremity, re-entering, warping straight to Gramk-Droog again and killing him ad infinium? Since you only lose KI when you raise the difficulty, once you reach a difficulty you're comfortable with, can't you just spam the mega boss continuously until 50% of your LS stops coming because they're capped on JSE capes? lol
    You could, but you'd have the full JSE Cape roulette, so if you want specific ones, it'd be better to kill the NQ NMs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

People will most likely only target the NM they want cap from then exit once they cap on boss drop,unless there are some hidden gil drop beside Arise that we don't know about yet

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Boss can drop any cape supposedly, and also his capes might have the best augments...

Additionally I was wondering...If you get a r/ex drop from a chest and don't necessarily want it, is it a good idea to keep it in your storage anyway? My logic is that if you have a r/ex item from a chest in your inventory, a subsequent coffer you pop cannot give it to you again, so it would force it to spawn a different item? However, i also heard reports of chests giving nothing, like you pop it and you get no item from it(possibly spawning another r/ex armor or sword you got previously and immediately dropping it since it's R/ex). I wonder though. Fill your inventory with the weapons/armors from coffers to give a higher chance of JSE capes dropping, rather than trashing the gear you don't need and having them drop from coffers again.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    pup cape with DEX+4 STR+2 and Martial Arts +12, for anyone that cares and is into pup
    Very interesting.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Boss can drop any cape supposedly, and also his capes might have the best augments...
    Is there any actual proof or evidence to this or are we hopping on the crazy train to paranoid town?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Is there any actual proof or evidence to this or are we hopping on the crazy train to paranoid town?
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/123...=1#post6209062

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah for some reason I thought Haste II prevented Ouryu's Bai Wing slow but must have been tripping
    idk about haste 2 but overwriting of haste 1 never had anything to do with the potency of the slow. It just so happened that some of the ones that overwrote were over 15 and some of the ones that didn't weren't

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Didn't see one posted this high but DA on RUN cape can go up to +5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast