Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Incursion!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level

In case people didn't know already, it seems Incursion currently caps at 143. Cannot upgrade to 144.
    Wopadobop's group on Asura, when they tried, lost all key items like on normal upgrades, but got no upgrade to 144.

Could be a bug, but I'm leaning towards cap and SE devs not thinking we could get that far.

/chapeau to Wopa's group for such an achievement

edit:
    Beaten by Byrth!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lmao at the oh yeah this is completely intentional because screw you

Campaign
    BG Level

This enforces even more what we all always thought.
    Incursion was a proving ground for them to test the limits of the current game balancement and the limits of players.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

the GM is hilarious in his response lol XD

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    it's pretty easy to lose track which coffers you're opening when it's 100s at a time, so yeah i think it's just a mistake
    Sounds like I misremembered where I initially got my polearm from, if it's really the WHM that drops it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Were they expecting a new NM/title or special dialog from the NPC, which we all knew didn't exist from the .dats? Realistically, we all knew it would cut off at some point and there was nothing special for going forward except more coffers. They clearly did it for the challenge and to be the first to reach the cap.

I like the dev's response more than what the truth is: "We set the cap high enough with little reason to reach it that we don't give a shit about the .0001% of the playerbase that might take the 500+ hours of grinding needed to reach it before we increase iLevel and expand the event some more."

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    They clearly did it for the challenge and to be the first to reach the cap.

I like the dev's response more than what the truth is: "We set the cap high enough with little reason to reach it that we don't give a shit about the .0001% of the playerbase that might take the 500+ hours of grinding needed to reach it before we increase iLevel and expand the event some more."
    This. I can understand the grumpiness at hitting an unforeseen wall, but losing the KIs isn't exactly that much of a set back. If you'd made it this far, and your intention was to keep going, then re-getting the KIs at the current level should be fairly rudimentary. I can't grasp the rage at losing the KIs. Most definitely curious what their times on a Gramk specific run are though. Totally jelly if they can manage 20ish minute kills and get 20 coffers.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe it took them multiple days to get the 143 key items, each day only being able to do so many runs before the JPs in the group would want to leave. Each run the adherents that spawn with each NM determining if they can kill it or not. So multiple runs of entering, sacing to the NMs, finding the wrong adherents, exit and retry. Not to mention the NMs consisted of multiple 1hrs being used, to the extent of rotating Idris Bolsters, occasionally a wild card, in the event of a fail for some reason or if they wanted to do a 2nd NM, it was far more then 6 people that needed to be reset. I haven't gone with them since mid-130's because my computer made me a liability, but i believe at that level, it was 1 or 2 NM clears a day at most.

Keeping in mind this wasn't some linkshell doing it, it was a pickup group formed by one guy collecting JPs, EUs, and NAs, so scheduling and availability was highly difficult and prevented simply spamming.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

TBH, didn't even cross my mind it could be pugged that high. I ended up lowing my set to 129 simply to keep it pug friendly. XD

Definitely changes the outlook on it.

Campaign
    BG Level

Last time I did a run with them we were doing uhm 137 I think, or something like that. 1-2 normal bosses per run.
    They are rotating Bolster on multiple GEOs with Idris (they have 4?), including me they had like 3x Carns/Dau99/Ghorn Bards rotating stuff and soulvoice on bosses, CORs to attempt resets and do damage as well, 1-2 Koga SAMs, Yagrush WHMs and whatnot.
    Accuracy starts to get a real issue once you're past 140. They couldn't reach more than 66% Acc (I think?) even stacking multiple Geos, SV madrigals, COR rolls, best acc food, best acc gear etc.

I don't think it's efficient. Imho going around 130 is probably the best threshold for farming MB runs, but efficient farming wasn't their point. Wopadobop has always been one of the most notable FFXI players.
    People may envy him, despise him, call him selfish, short-fused and whatever else, but fact shows how throughout all these years that guy has got some serious skills in leading people around and focusing on a certain objective to reach it.

I'm on a different league. I would never want to be like him, but at the same time I admire players like him.
    In other games such dedicated players get official posts, congratulations, even small thanks or cameos in-game.
    Here they get the short end of the stick and get said silly things by GMs and other official personnel who hardly even know what they're talking about.
    I find all this behaviour preposterous, inappropriate and offensive towards such an amount of dedication.
    It's the meaning of this thing and the way how SE behaved towards them. It's what those KIs "represent", not their real practical value or the fact that they can get them again if they really want.

Just my two cents of course.

some exaggeration going on here, i hardly play anymore except afk but i can give some insight on setup he had. (credit also to tenakilo for info past 139)

if memory serves right the setup for my last run with him was

SAM+WAR (koga+conq) he wanted my conq war over tsu sam /shrug
    SCH+RDM stuns ofc
    WHM (no yag)
    BRD 2X (1 w/o carn) since ap doesnt have one
    COR
    GEO (Idris)
    random stuff i can recall from that fight, both DD had 93% acc, one NM was whm (remember benediction). 138

at 138/139 he somewhat changed his setup, allways taking 4 geo (2x with idris).
    so for NM runs something like 2xSAM , 1xwhm, 1xcor, 2xbrd(1carn) , 4xgeo(2xidris), sch2x or sch+rdm, and blm sometimes.
    and Boss runs 4x sam, 2xwhm(yag), 2xcor, 2xbrd, 4xgeo, schx2 or rdm+sch, also blm, cor or more sch on last 2 spots.

@ mal: had nothing to do with a PUG, all players were invited by tells (he only ever shouted for a geo or cor maybe and that was if at all at lower lvls, like pre 135)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by backstab View Post
    some exaggeration going on here, i hardly play anymore except afk but i can give some insight on setup he had. (credit also to tenakilo for info past 139)

if memory serves right the setup for my last run with him was

SAM+WAR (koga+conq) he wanted my conq war over tsu sam /shrug
    SCH+RDM stuns ofc
    WHM (no yag)
    BRD 2X (1 w/o carn) since ap doesnt have one
    COR
    GEO (Idris)
    random stuff i can recall from that fight, both DD had 93% acc, one NM was whm (remember benediction). 138

at 138/139 he somewhat changed his setup, allways taking 4 geo (2x with idris).
    so for NM runs something like 2xSAM , 1xwhm, 1xcor, 2xbrd(1carn) , 4xgeo(2xidris), sch2x or sch+rdm, and blm sometimes.
    and Boss runs 4x sam, 2xwhm(yag), 2xcor, 2xbrd, 4xgeo, schx2 or rdm+sch, also blm, cor or more sch on last 2 spots.

@ mal: had nothing to do with a PUG, all players were invited by tells (he only ever shouted for a geo or cor maybe and that was if at all at lower lvls, like pre 135)
    Its still a pickup group, not shouts but it was def more then 4 linkshells and a "do you know any x job?".

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Last time I did a run with them we were doing uhm 137 I think, or something like that. 1-2 normal bosses per run.
    They are rotating Bolster on multiple GEOs with Idris (they have 4?), including me they had like 3x Carns/Dau99/Ghorn Bards rotating stuff and soulvoice on bosses, CORs to attempt resets and do damage as well, 1-2 Koga SAMs, Yagrush WHMs and whatnot.
    Accuracy starts to get a real issue once you're past 140. They couldn't reach more than 66% Acc (I think?) even stacking multiple Geos, SV madrigals, COR rolls, best acc food, best acc gear etc.

I don't think it's efficient. Imho going around 130 is probably the best threshold for farming MB runs, but efficient farming wasn't their point. Wopadobop has always been one of the most notable FFXI players.
    People may envy him, despise him, call him selfish, short-fused and whatever else, but fact shows how throughout all these years that guy has got some serious skills in leading people around and focusing on a certain objective to reach it.

I'm on a different league. I would never want to be like him, but at the same time I admire players like him.
    In other games such dedicated players get official posts, congratulations, even small thanks or cameos in-game.
    Here they get the short end of the stick and get said silly things by GMs and other official personnel who hardly even know what they're talking about.
    I find all this behaviour preposterous, inappropriate and offensive towards such an amount of dedication.
    It's the meaning of this thing and the way how SE behaved towards them. It's what those KIs "represent", not their real practical value or the fact that they can get them again if they really want.

Just my two cents of course.
    That guy still plays? Didn't know that was him.

Campaign
    BG Level

Don't think he ever hid the fact he was in fact Wopadobop.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Aka: miss piggy

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Aka: miss piggy
    Is that bit in the XI Drama section? It should be, that was glorious

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I have found an extremely informative JP blog about Incursion and decided to translate some parts although certain informations are already known.
    http://ffxibluebird2.seesaa.net/article/411421613.html

Buff given by each Adherent
    Steadfast PLD : DEF+
    Furtive WHM : MDB+
    Occult WAR : EVA+
    Fleet WAR : Haste+
    Brawny DRK : ATK+
    Martial DRK : Regain+
    Honed RDM : Fast Cast+
    Insidious RDM : MEVA+
    Hexbreaking BLM : MAB+
    Oh and Zantetsuken can kill them (not Impossible to Gauge).

Ymmr-Ulvid Gloomlight
    Uses Blood Weapon a certain number of times based on Incursion lvl.
    123~124 : 95~85% (once)
    125~126 : 80~70% in addition to the above (2 times)
    127~128 : 65~55% in addition to the above (3 times)
    129~130 : 50~40% in addition to the above (4 times)
    131~132 : 35~25% in addition to the above (5 times)
    133~ : 20~10% in addition to the above (6 times)

Ignor-Mnt Stealthslayer
    Gains Double Attack during Mighty Strikes, DA rate is based on Incursion lvl.
    124 : +5% DA
    125 : +10% DA
    126 : +15% DA
    127 : +20% DA
    128 : +25% DA
    129 : +30% DA
    130 : +35% DA
    131 : +40% DA
    132 : +45% DA
    133 and above : +50% DA
    Mighty Strikes 2 times, at 95~80% and at 55~40%.

Durs-Vike Deathspell
    Gains more magic spells based on Incursion lvl.
    123~124 : Single Tier V
    125~126 : Single Tier V, Aja
    127~128 Single Tier V, Aja, AoE Impact
    129~130 Single Tier V, Aja, AoE Impact, Meteor
    131~132 Single Tier V, Aja, AoE Impact, Meteor, AoE Kaustra
    133~ : Single Tier V, Aja, AoE Impact, Meteor, AoE Kaustra, Death
    Manafont 2 times, at 95~80% and 55~40%.

Tryl-Wuj Wingrip
    Number of Tryl-wuj's Peapuk is based on Incursion lvl.
    123~124 : 1
    125~126 : 2
    127~128 : 3
    129~130 : 4
    131~132 : 5
    133 and above : 6

Liij-Vok Waxwane
    Percentage when he decides to use Benediction is based on Incursion lvl.
    123 : 85~75%
    124 : 80~70%
    125 : 75~65%
    126 : 70~60%
    127 : 65~55%
    128 : 60~50%
    129 : 55~45%
    130 : 50~40%
    131 : 45~35%
    132 : 40~30%
    133 and above : 35~25%

Gramk-Droog
    Mighty Strikes 3 times, at 95~80%, 70~50% and 45~30%
    Uses Battle Trance a certain number of times based on Incursion lvl.
    123~124 : 1 times
    125~126 : 2 times
    127~128 : 3 times
    129~130 : 4 times
    131~132 : 5 times
    133~ : 6 times
    Cannot Battle Trance during Mighty Strikes.

Campaign
    BG Level

If anybody can update the first post, RUN's cape (Evasionist's cape) can get enmity at least to+7, currently reports cap at 6.

Campaign
    BG Level

For people still doing Incursion, a new addon called "AnnounceTarget" has been released for Windower.
    The goal of the addon is currently expanding but the initial one (and the only currently implemented one) was created for incursion.

The goal of the addon is to announce in chatmode the job and buffs of Adherent mobs.
    As you cycle through targets, AnnounceTarget will recognize Adherent mobs and will announce in your selected chatmode their Job and the buff they give to their linked boss (+eva, +attack, +meva, +regain etc).

You can select the chatmode or preference (echo, linkshell, party, say etc) and you can choose between Automode and Manualmode.
    Manual command is always available, and will announce for your current target.
    Automode can be turned on and off. When on, it will automatically announce when you select an adherent mob as your target.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

nice thanks for the info whats the best tactical for this im thinkin running my own runs since it seems all the groups i go w wing it