• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

firefox slow on loading pages compared to chrome?

anyone ever have this going on for them?

chrome is my main browser but i need to use firefox for tracking/cookie purposes as chrome doesn't seem to enjoy registering my shit properly.

however, pretty much everything i use firefox for seems to be slow and laggy as hell, and things seem as if they want to load one by one on the page.

help? thanks

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Been using firefox 64bit and chrome 64bit, seem s pretty much the same to me (although chrome seems to really hate some stuff powered via java)

Do you have any extensions enabled for firefox? I know some pages for me don't load proper because of all the privacy shit I run in chrome, but all work fine in firefox.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

IE is much better than FF these days - have you serious tried using IE lately?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

this i have not and i don't expect that i will but i'll take a look.

also yeah i actually removed some extensions and it seemed to help out a lot. not as fast as chrome still for me but there are a couple extensions i just cannot go without.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

btw just tried IE, it's a lot faster for my needs. since i probably only need to stick to a couple sites that i believe are safe anyway it should be pretty useful. thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can also block ads in IE using a tracking protection list: http://www.fanboy.co.nz/ie.html Works better than using an adblock addon for IE, in case you needed to block some ads.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Version 26 of firefox still seems to be working nice and fast. <.<; (Even with 100+ tabs split between multiple windows.) The only things that load slow for me are things like forum pages with a bunch of youtubes embedded. Although that may or may not be related to me having not installed flash.