1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.38 Patch Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm not even as mad about them making the houses stupid prices and expecting a single person to pay the same as an entire FC. The fact that they outright lied about it and basically insulted us in the process is what gets me

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I'm not even as mad about them making the houses stupid prices and expecting a single person to pay the same as an entire FC. The fact that they outright lied about it and basically insulted us in the process is what gets me
    Yeah, honestly had they just said so from the beginning I would've written it off then. They explicitly said it WOULDN'T be that and then made it so. Thats what makes it the biggest letdown. Here's hoping for Coerthas housing in 2.4 I can afford.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

The housing thing is pretty fucking dumb.

Thankfully I am in an FC with just a few other people, and I am the only one that cares about housing, so it's already personal for me.

Hopefully in the future they'll do something else, but I doubt it lol. Even if the prices were cheap, there isn't much incentive to buy the same houses as the FC people.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm glad I don't care about housing and PvP so those stuff didn't bother me at all.

However, I like some of the new stuff.
    • New glasses!
    • You will now be able to move freely with no momentary freeze after dismounting.
    • Slap (/slap)
    • Teleport menu now more pretty.
    • On maps and minimaps, character icons will now be displayed with priority over other icon types.
    • The item subcommand "Item Comparison" has been added. Even though it's completely useless now.

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Double/triple-ing your gardening rates sounds like pretty good incentives, i'd say.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh definitely, only if I cared enough to garden though. Maybe if gardening plays like Harvest Moon...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Finally a reason to farm Ramuh.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Maybe I'm just being anal about wording but.

Adjustments have been made to the following items obtainable from treasure coffers in the Second Coil of Bahamut and Syrcus Tower.
    Unidentified Allagan Tomestones / Oil of Time
    The treasure coffers that appear upon completing Turn 1 of the Second Coil of Bahamut and defeating Amon and Xande in Syrcus Tower will now always yield the above items.

Sands of Time
    The treasure coffers that appear upon completing Turn 2 of the Second Coil of Bahamut will now always yield one pinch of sands of time. The coffers that appear after defeating Xande in Syrcus Tower will now always yield two pinches.
    So... does this mean EACH chest in T6 will drop an oil (6) or sand (7), or just one?

Basically, did coil become 3 sands+oils a week now (Oil, Oil+Sand, Sand, Oil+Sand) or 4 (Oil+Oil, Oil+Sand+Sand, Sand, Oil+Sand)?

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wouldn't be surprised they just moved them to Turn 6. It's the SE thing to do.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    For deaf people.
    But still no colourblind support beyond "here's a dashed line for you." I tank Second Coil without being able to see hit markers 90% of the time, I often am unable to notice/recognize overhead markers, and Turn 9's second phase and beyond is a straight up nightmare. It's an embarrassment.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Maybe I'm just being anal about wording but.

So... does this mean EACH chest in T6 will drop an oil (6) or sand (7), or just one?

Basically, did coil become 3 sands+oils a week now (Oil, Oil+Sand, Sand, Oil+Sand) or 4 (Oil+Oil, Oil+Sand+Sand, Sand, Oil+Sand)?
    It does sound like each chest given that they said coffer(s), but who knows right, could be badly translated or w/e really. Given ST is now a massive pinata, you'd expect coil to at least be on par.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Just don't fuck up 2.4 pls. You fucked up 2.3 enough, don't fuck up 2.4 pls.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm just puzzled by it because it would mean Turn 7 drops a disproportionate amount of loot. Not that it isn't deserved (fuck turn 7).

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Selling fending legs skips pst.

Actual post: If anyone cares, I did ward/plot ranking: https://gist.github.com/cairface/c79255cd3a27d75c72ae

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Why are they so damn lazy about the housing? And what's weirder is why they've reset the prices... So the prices for FCs dropped but they've put them back to the initial price they were released at? I don't get it. (Am I missing something?)

I think they had something else in mind initially and then realised they had to cheap out on it for some reason. All they needed to do was give the players the equivalent of a 1m small house - probably one room and a small patch of garden and we would have been happy.

What's the point of a FC house now? Why as a new FC would you ever bother? Because if you invest in a FC house then you have everything to lose (FC splits, kicks you etc) but if you put your money in a personal house you lose nothing.

Unless SE does something pretty huge for FC's I don't see the point of a FC house right now.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

So disappointed at housing. I can't even afford a small fifth-class on my server.
    And a small FC house is too small anyway. Really hoped it was going to be a separate series of zones.

Fuckit, I was going to spiritbond to get the materia for my last two tiers of Novus, but now I'll just use my savings on it. And for craft/gather melds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Unless SE does something pretty huge for FC's I don't see the point of a FC house right now.
    FC Owned Houses are probably going to be the only ones that can do stuff like that airship building concept. Since it's a group endeavor.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    What's the point of a FC house now? Why as a new FC would you ever bother? Because if you invest in a FC house then you have everything to lose (FC splits, kicks you etc) but if you put your money in a personal house you lose nothing.
    Having a 2nd housing zone teleport. Getting the "feed someone else's choco 30 times" achievement+barding. All I've got.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I like how personal housing was just a five minute tweak to the code to allow FC houses be purchasable without an FC. So this is what we waited for 2.8 for.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I can't decide if 5m is worth it for my own personal garden. Only got 15m and can afford small. Guessing houses will sell out fast.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If there were any doubts the new Pharos Sirius music is that track Soken apparently showed off during the anniversary stream that's been floating around guildwork and whatnot for a while now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast