1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: 2.38 Patch Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Honestly the whole system for private rooms being ONLY IN FC HOUSES is extremely retarded. That exact system (with, I dunno, an indoor garden pot) for the 300k that system required? BAM. Instances for everyone. Less server stress. No outdoor stuff but whatever, it's a Mog House at the very, very least.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Honestly the whole system for private rooms being ONLY IN FC HOUSES is extremely retarded. That exact system (with, I dunno, an indoor garden pot) for the 300k that system required? BAM. Instances for everyone. Less server stress. No outdoor stuff but whatever, it's a Mog House at the very, very least.
    I don't see why a Mog House-like system couldn't include Mog Backyards for the garden and stables.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    (with, I dunno, an indoor garden pot)
    I've said this dozens of times to my fc. Gardening window box even if its just 3-4 spots.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Either way. Because of how little supply there was, it's ridiculous to say the price was right because it sold out.
    I'm of the opinion that (with something like this) the price should start high enough to discourage instant sellouts. Have them start high and drop more aggressively.

Soak the rich.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I suspect the original MH system worked easily and was lightweight because it wasn't actually instanced. I had the realization the other day that it probably didn't involve nearly as much server communication or zone handling.

Think about it. If you're in your MH, why should the server care where you are? It doesn't need to track your movement - you're always in-range of anything you're going to interact with. All that movement inside the room can be handled purely client-side. The only time they actually have to communicate your placement is if someone else is in your room, which is why it took so long to have the ability to bring people in.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    I feel like the entire housing system is a trainwreck and completely unsustainable. I don't see how the supply of wards will ever be able to match the demand from players, which means a lot of players won't get a chance to partake in the system (and will be unlikely to get the plots they want even if they do).
    This is reflected pretty clearly in how Yoshi-P considers people buying houses with secondary characters a problem right up there with RMT buying houses.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Didn't Yoshida mention at some point that for the private rooms bit they would add the feature to Grand Companies? Like you could rent an apartment from your current Grand Company and have a sort of Barracks system in place. I swear I remember that being brought up when he first mentioned private housing but can't for the life of me remember where it was he said it.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Summoning primals

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ha. I forgot about that whole server-wide mega-summon thing.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

There are plenty of things that were promised in the past that have still yet to be implemented and probably never will be. At this rate it'll probably be another year or two before we even see something resembling the golden saucer actually released.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Summoning primals
    I forget where but this was discussed recently. He said something along the lines of it not fitting into the story currently but once they conclude the current story line and start the expansion's story it may fit.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's really more of a meme for me at this point, whether it happens or not.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    There are plenty of things that were promised in the past that have still yet to be implemented and probably never will be. At this rate it'll probably be another year or two before we even see something resembling the golden saucer actually released.
    I thought Gold Saucer was supposed to be 2.4?

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I thought Gold Saucer was supposed to be 2.4?
    I haven't kept too up to date on everything the secs have said as of late, but searching through the questions of the most recent live letter, #17, leads me to believe it's still a ways away from being finished.

The second question in he liver letter speaks about casual content and the gold saucer in particular and really only mentions their plans have progressed and not development. This is the quote, "...the largest system we have planned at the moment would have to be the gold saucer that I mentioned earlier. Our plans for this have progressed quite a bit." Now from my understanding they have no specific date. You may be thinking of the next sentence which is in reference to ninja and reads, "additionally, the new class, rogue, and the new job, ninja, will be implemented in 2.4, and the growth elements surrounding this are considered one part of the casual content we have planned."

Obviously this is translated so there could be a bit of mistranslation, however, it is the official source. I understood that as ninja in 2.4 and gold saucer beyond that, possibly 2.45 or 2.5 at the earliest. However, fan fest is coming up next month so I could be proven entirely wrong with some big reveal, but I doubt it. Based on the wording from the live letter they've just begun development on it and most likely they're going to use to keep people interested in the game between 2.4 and whenever the expansion hits.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I haven't kept too up to date on everything the secs have said as of late, but searching through the questions of the most recent live letter, #17, leads me to believe it's still a ways away from being finished.

The second question in he liver letter speaks about casual content and the gold saucer in particular and really only mentions their plans have progressed and not development. This is the quote, "...the largest system we have planned at the moment would have to be the gold saucer that I mentioned earlier. Our plans for this have progressed quite a bit." Now from my understanding they have no specific date. You may be thinking of the next sentence which is in reference to ninja and reads, "additionally, the new class, rogue, and the new job, ninja, will be implemented in 2.4, and the growth elements surrounding this are considered one part of the casual content we have planned."

Obviously this is translated so there could be a bit of mistranslation, however, it is the official source. I understood that as ninja in 2.4 and gold saucer beyond that, possibly 2.45 or 2.5 at the earliest. However, fan fest is coming up next month so I could be proven entirely wrong with some big reveal, but I doubt it. Based on the wording from the live letter they've just begun development on it and most likely they're going to use to keep people interested in the game between 2.4 and whenever the expansion hits.
    Can't remember which interview it was but I remember Yoshida saying Golden Saucer would come out during the 2.0 generation of the game, or before 3.0 comes out. The interview was conducted before the live letter that showed off the concept art for Golden Saucer but was either during or after E3 this year but didn't describe much other then launching with 3 major mini games. But we all know, especially after this patch, that timelines and statements can change without notice. I however definitely dont remember any statement about it coming in 2.4, just that it was likely to come before the release of 3.0, maybe (imo) a 2.5/2.55 style update.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/71744-NA-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Hotfixes-%28Aug.-29%29?p=2447778&viewfull=1#post2447778
    The following issues have been addressed.
    *An issue in guildleves wherein the targeting is off when using an event item on an object.
    *An issue wherein the movement speed starts out very slow when using the gamepad for character movement.
    *An issue wherein using the Face Target function while moving will cause the character to face in the direction of the target, only to snap back to their original direction in an instant.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

*An issue wherein using the Face Target function while moving will cause the character to face in the direction of the target, only to snap back to their original direction in an instant.
    OH HOLY FUCK I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME BEING DUMB. I've been getting pissed off at myself for nothing.

*edit* at least in this instance.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I wonder if that has anything to do with the actions I've been complaining about not working properly then. Going through rotations to have a spell simply not land or cast at all was confusing the hell out of me. "Did I miss?"

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I noticed a lot of 'you aren't facing your target' messages popping up because of how I have my macros with the spell > face target. And I've missed a few spells cause of it. I tend to do something like:

Button 1: Bio II > Face Target
    Mash Button 2 until trigger: Miasma > Face Target
    Mash Button 3 until trigger: Bio > Face Target

So I've missed a few spells in the rotation while running around to dodge. Now I kinda fucking know why and I can rest easy it's not cause of my dumb ass for once lol.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Yeah someone was petrifying people in t7 because of that >.>