BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Need a full rundown on voice changing software. (ASAP!)

I know it's a bit off for the section, usually goes in tech, or what I'm using it for goes in in gaming. But it's not exactly wide use stuff*, so I need max eyeballs

So, I find myself in need of voice changing software. And soon. I need help from anyone that uses it, or knows someone who does. Or at least, has better luck than I finding competent review/comparison pieces.

Reqs
    1. It must work with Vent.

2. It needs to have something more than just basic preset changes. I'm concerned with common stuff being reversible. (Also, I'm going for different, not just some silly sounding filter for lols. So more normal sounding stuff is a plus.)

3. It'd be nice if it also works easily with other standard streaming/video production software.

*And my google searches bring results, but it's mostly ads, SEOshit and publisher info, not anything actually useful for making determinations.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

No.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

People have been using this successfully for years.
    Spoiler: show

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i feel like theres an amusing story here

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    i feel like theres an amusing story here
    Not really.
    I mean, sure, the why of it is something I'm sure people could spend plenty of time on ridiculing me for. Shit, it's already happening without it, no assist needed.

But since the topic of why will likely derail the original purpose of the thread, tell you what. Once I have the info I need, and I've got everything set up and working, then I'll explain why.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

As we're in the same LS/FC ... can you explain to me on vent (post-software) we can do a dungeon in the meantime. I always wanted to do it back in 2006! Nowadays it's hard (to get away with) thanks to all the tech available.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is relevant to my interests since I've always wanted to sound like Soundwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    This is not how it works.
    ^

If you're a high class prostitute in Second life and making the jump to voice, we need to know. Also if you're a terrorist, we need to know so not to implicate ourselves.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Maybe you should look into recording software for artist's and shit? Just don't abuse the autotune :kappa: OR what if you try to inhale this gas (google the name) that makes you sound like Buffalo Bill? That'd be awesome (safe and cheap).

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Guys I need thermite, piano wire, 200ft of nylon rope, and for you to not ask why until you assist me.

This is something I've been curious about in the past, too, mainly for a sort of RPGmaker-ish project that's been brewing in my head for years as any earnest attempt otherwise would probably involve having to pay people to do a good job of it. Though, I'm not surprised at the MMO-fueled replies of cynicism. Anyway, the few things I tinkered with back then honestly sucked. While I'm sure part of it is a hardware issue (cheap microphone and no soundproofing in my room), any tweaks were easily identifiable as not natural due to things like a tinny sound, echoing, or just some kind of fucked up pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Guys I need thermite, piano wire, 200ft of nylon rope, and for you to not ask why until you assist me.
    www.fbi.gov

BG Level

Not sure if serious or wooshed.

Wooshed like the sound of thermite going through an engine block

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    This is not how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    If you're a high class prostitute in Second life and making the jump to voice, we need to know. Also if you're a terrorist, we need to know so not to implicate ourselves.
    Not those.

Look, I've already gotten some haze for asking, and I know you lot, I expected it could happen.
    However the explanation will only make it even easier, and I'm not willing to put up with that without getting anything useful in return for it.
    And well, the odds of me explaining, then being mocked, and seeing no answer at all because as I said this isn't common use stuff, are entirely too damned high.

Maybe if y'all had played your cards better I might've been more inclined. But you raised too early.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Shenrien posting from Cantih's account.

book it.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Alright. Going forward in this thread, information only or I'm shutting it down.
    Cantih's tone and subject obviously drew a lot of everyone's attention and I know we can't help ourselves. We've all gotten our jabs in on Cantih.
    Any more bullshit in here is going to come with a penalty. From both sides: Don't be an asshole.

So I'm going to retool this question:

I need a voice changing software that will work with Ventrilo that is of high quality. The more features it has the better and if possible it works with other streaming/video software.

I've tried googling for a product that fits my specifications but if I could get some advice from someone who has used one or knows of someone who does, that would be great.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Seriously though... if you posted why you'd be more likely to get help.
    I'm struggling to think of any 'good' use for voice changing software that works with vent. Sounds like you're scamming someone or want to do some weird sexual shit and are misrepresenting yourself.

BG Level

I hardly think that's fair. It's possible it's being used for something bad or illegal and you retooled the "question" to make it sound innocent.

It's pretty simple. Everyone wants to help but nobody is going to help someone whose stance is "tell me first then I'll tell you why".

You should just lock this topic under the condition that if he posts why he'll get his answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast