She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Squee! My brother never bought FFXIII, so this will be new to me.

We'll see how I like them once I get them, and since I got a PS3 joystick working for everything but FFXI (having to use Neko's old joypad for FFXI since FFXI hates xinput) should make it play really nice.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Played about two hours of 13 on xbox and hated it. If there is a good sale I'll buy it for steam though. Really wish XV was for steam so I didn't have to buy a ps4!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mainly curious to see what their level of commitment is to this series of ports at this point, since it'll likely reflect how a potential XV ports will look. They'll lose 15 brownie points off the bat if all the visual settings are done from a launcher outside of the game.

And I'm with the fence of XIII sucks, but I plat'd it anyways (and XIII-2) because I'm one for masochism. Never got around to XIII-3, probably never will since the PS3 is collecting dust. Did enjoy XIII-2 a lot more than the first title though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Waiting for winter sale. I'll pick up all these FFs from Steam then. I didnt release how many of them were on PC.

Might as well put XII and Tactics on Steam too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm happy about this, hopefully the port is actually decent. Lightning Returns needs some work though, some of those textures are terrible for PS3 standards, can't imagine on PC. Overall the games are fun so I don't mind. I'm assuming both XIII-2 and LR will have all the DLC included.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not to mention, the qhimm might be able to get their hands into it and hack the game apart! Assuming nothing is too complicated. Potential mods/hacks abound!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Not to mention, the qhimm might be able to get their hands into it and hack the game apart! Assuming nothing is too complicated. Potential mods/hacks abound!
    That's my hope too and why I will make the purchase. I need to look around for VIII mods still.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    LOL FFIV is more expensive, wtf square.
    FFIV was completely Redone and ported. FFXIII is just being released, as it's probably been working just fine on PC since they launched the console versions anyways, just had to package it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    FFIV was completely Redone and ported. FFXIII is just being released, as it's probably been working just fine on PC since they launched the console versions anyways, just had to package it.
    It was redone years ago. It's still just being ported.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Pre-order for $10.49 ish. http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/235...tasyxiii-09-14

Site is portuguese. I have used it before and it's legit. Use paypal and it converts the Brazilian Real to US currency.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the PC players sake, I hope they do one small adjustment to the game.
    Spoiler: show
    Ditch the extended animation for the first paradigm shift in any given battle. FUCK that made farming endgame tedious. XIII-2 infinitely more enjoyable for me for that fix alone

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i always thought that was like the "penalty" for using paradigm shift at all in battle. random note: you can delay that extended animation to the next shift if you paradigm shift while someone is launching an enemy (and i think if u're being launched as well).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

No there are major advantages to switching paradigms, the only disadvantage is the first shift has some retardedly long animation that slows the flow of combat while everyone after that is quick.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Why the fuck couldn't that port 12 first? =/

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hmm maybe 13 was developed with portability in mind (afterall, it an xbox version was created, despite the inferior quality) whereas 12 wasn't? Not that familiar with game development but that's the only thing I can think of. Not sure about 13-2/13-3 presuming they're arriving on Steam somewhat soon.

edit: should've pointed to the OP, it referenced it there too lol

OR, or, FF13 was already developed on PC from the get go, and they decided not to release. Until now. I've read this being mentioned a couple of times in different articles. Fuck all if FF12 was developed for PC from get go. That shit was not even a glint in their eyes.

There's a much larger worldwide infrastructure for releasing for the PC that there necessarily wasn't in 2006. They will probably take their sweet ass time to release 6-12 on the PC.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Under the hood, 11 and 12 share a lot of things in common. It's not an impossible proposition for 12 to get a PC release, although I have to imagine it would have been easier 8 years ago with things fresh in their minds.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    Under the hood, 11 and 12 share a lot of things in common. It's not an impossible proposition for 12 to get a PC release, although I have to imagine it would have been easier 8 years ago with things fresh in their minds.
    SE is not known to be a company that keeps assets from older games lying around. I'd be surprised if they didn't trash half the code and all the CG assets from XII by now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Afair they didn't have assets from KH1 anymore? But that didn't stop them from redoing it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    No there are major advantages to switching paradigms, the only disadvantage is the first shift has some retardedly long animation that slows the flow of combat while everyone after that is quick.
    The other annoyance being the battle still moves on during said animation, so you're open to getting attacked for 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Afair they didn't have assets from KH1 anymore? But that didn't stop them from redoing it.
    According to BluePoint (GoW HD, MGS HD, SoTC HD etc), there's a fair bit you can reverse engineer from a finished disc, and work your way from there, which is how they approached all their ports. Won't fix FMV quality being fucked though unless there's still access to the original files, but that tends to be more of a hassle than its worth due to messing with depreciated software that may have been specialized for certain hardware. Wouldn't surprise me if KH1's port crew took the same approach.

I have no doubt in my mind X/XII will make its way to Steam eventually. They already opened up FFX for the PS3/Vita ports which is a good chunk of the work there, and XII is just a matter of time. Man, XII would look pretty damn good without all the LoD draw-in on objects and NPCs, even if the low-rez environment textures weren't touched up.