+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIII coming to Steam     submit to reddit submit to twitter

blax n gunz
    BG Level

No AF means this is another barebones SE port that the community has to fix. At least they knew it was coming this time

http://abload.de/img/ffxiiiimg2014-10-09203rr9x.png

60 fps footage from Durante

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Makes me think about the upcoming xbox360 port to PC version of GTA V they are going to rear end us with.

It's cool, they have all of 3 months to do Dick to it before they release it for PC remember?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Rockstar is usually better about leaving the door open to modders, but yeah the GTA V port is going to look like ass at launch.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

So, where do the decisions to just fuck PC gamers come from?

I would assume that people that made games gave a fuck about what they make and how they treat gamers.

Is this all just the big wigs at the companies sitting in their leather recliners and bottom lines to make more money with less effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Is this all just the big wigs at the companies sitting in their leather recliners and bottom lines to make more money with less effort?
    Practically every PC port ever. at Least

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Download 49GB, but the actual unpacked size of the game is, in fact, 58.9GB. Looking around through the files, the FMV folder is 39.7GB by itself, audio only 5.66, game data (zones, chars, etc.) 12.1GB. Looks like I was right.With the FMVs being such horrific quality, there's no reason for them to be this size.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    there's no reason for them to be this size.
    360 version used bink encoding because licensing-costs/cheap to decode, with the trade-off being large bitrate bloat if you want anything half-decent looking (which is why they were heavily macro-blocked on that port due to DVD space reasons). Given this is a barebones straight up port (complete with an 'installer' on a Steam release), I'd not be surprised if they kept the same format on PC but cranked the bitrate to more match whatever they used on the PS3.

With the GeDoSaTo tweak, the game looks amazing in 1080p. Sucks the menu goes a little wonky, but I'm sure I'll get used to not caring about it. Mini-map also goes invisible so disabled it as well, not missing much there what with the linearity. Sometimes some in-game CS's get a little fuzzy? W/e the fuck that is... but the CGI ones Are at 1080p.

Playing with a Bluetooth PS3 controller is the bees knees!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I was wondering why the FMVs are stutterinng, considering they are just being played back.

Edit: havent tried Gedosato yet, but I will go for the 1440p tonight.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

modders have already begun ripping UI sources out of the game, just waiting on them to figure out how to put them back into the game and we'll have HD HUDs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

It doesnt really seem like its working for me. I'll try later, too much stuff going on atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    I was wondering why the FMVs are stutterinng, considering they are just being played back.

Edit: havent tried Gedosato yet, but I will go for the 1440p tonight.
    You really gotta go nuts in Nvidia Control Panel. Set all the settings for the .exe your desired maxes and make sure to set the GPU to maximize power consumption. That fixed my stuttering in the cutscenes. Hopefully they get the UI stuff figured out cuz a quarter of my Menu UI is cut off.

Edit: Woop Possible Menu Fix
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=256

Menu fix works perfect, except gives some little overlay to the battle completion screen stars with some artifacts. Blur (DoF) fix coming tomorrow supposedly.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    o_O Is that a lot of space? 2TB HDDs that have good seek times are like $40-50. I guess that's pretty bad if you have shit tier internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Please link these drives. I'd be very interested in buying a 2tb for $40.
    Still waiting.
    Spoiler: show
    Because $40 2tb internal hdd brand new does not exist

Game looks alright, but definitely waiting for a $5 sale and/or when modders make the game great.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They had a few 2TB laying around last time I went and purchased the one I have right now from their refurbished section.

http://www.microcenter.com/search/se...a-Micro-Center

based micro center.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Game isn't locked at 30FPS. Keep seeing people posting that, not sure why. Should have had an option for 30FPS and 60FPS lock.

Controller is handled incorrectly. Game polls all HID devices looking for a controller constantly, which can cause FPS stutters. Fixed by disabling HIDs or plugging in an XInput controller.

Lack of borderless windowed mode and resolution selection. Easily fixed by any number of utilities out there, but should have been in the engine.

FMVs are 30FPS. Expected. They also appear to be the 360 BIKs and not the PS3 PAMFs (I don't remember). Also expected. Easier to make the 360 stuff work on the PC.

Game is so huge because FMVs are downloaded twice (once for JP and once for NA) to keep the lips in sync. You can delete all the files for the language you're not using and save 20GB. You can delete all of them and it won't crash, as far as I can tell. Just need to manually skip each FMV.

Assets are probably the same format used in the 360 version. I haven't looked deeply into it, but the encryption looks to be the same. Simple (UI) texture mods should be coming out relatively soon. I'm not familiar with the 3D assets in this engine, so I can't guess when those might come out. If I have some time, I might look at that.

Durante has done a lot more than I have, but there's still issues with Depth of Field, 2D scissor rects, and various post processing effects. Some of the issues look like they're easily fixable, others are more complex.

Basically, everything done is exactly as expected. They took the 360 version, did as little as possible, and put it onto the PC. 13-2 and 13-3 will only get worse (unless the delay is because they decided to actually work on those ports lolno).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there any way to change the in-game language? (not the spoken dialogue, I'm talking about subtitles, menus, etc.) As far as I know the game automatically selects the language based on your system settings but in my version of Windows 7 I can't change that unless I reinstall the whole thing.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Right click FFXIII in your Steam library -> Properties -> Language

For whoever is on the fence about buying due to the port's visual quality or whatever, here's some screenshots of what it looks like with all of the user generated tweaks (requires two apps to do all of this, GeDoSaTo for all of the downscaling/AA/etc. options and a Borderless Windowed app of your choosing for the borderless fullscreen mode):

Spoiler: show

2560x1440 Borderless Windowed @ 60hz
    3840x2160 render resolution using bicubic downscaling

4x MSAA + CSAA

8x Shadow Resolution

game looks pretty good. Textures are noticeably dated, animations are wooden in most places which is particularly apparent @ 60 FPS. So many under-the-hood tweaks required to make the game play like this, too. Overall though it's kinda sad, because the game is so well optimized... almost too well optimized. Even with these settings, my GPU is in its lowest power state 90% of the time and my FPS doesn't dip below 60. Would go see how it looks in more "lush" areas, but that would require me playing FFXIII. may try to suffer through it some time, Japanese voiceovers might make it more bearable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks. Now I'm trying to figure out why it drops to 20 FPS in the Settings menu and I have everything enabled. It also drops to 20 in battle for some reason.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm also having weird FPS issues, I have all the tweaks (4k downsample bicubic, 4xMSAA + 16xCSAA, 16x AF) on, the game plays well, but the FPS drops doesn't make much sense as they seem to be arbitrary, GPU usage fluctuates way too much, almost never goes above 70%, the game seems to dip to 30 for a few secs every time the game loads an area (or every time I transition in and out of a battle) and then it stays at 60, same with battles, FPS go from 30 to 60 even if there's nothing special going on, it's completely random, I can fight 4 mobs and be at 60 FPS and then when there's only 1-2 left it drops to 30 or vice versa, doesn't seem to be anything related with workload

Cutscenes and menus are always at 60

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast