+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIII coming to Steam     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by KetSC View Post
    I'm enjoying playing FFXIII again on the PC. Glad to see they are working on an update. Hopefully this means when FFXIII-2 comes out, there will be resolution options and stuff by default.
    lol I'm not holding my breath.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by KetSC View Post
    I'm enjoying playing FFXIII again on the PC. Glad to see they are working on an update. Hopefully this means when FFXIII-2 comes out, there will be resolution options and stuff by default.
    Keep dreaming there buddy. SE's PC ports have gotten lazier and lazier as time has progressed, and this release is bar-none the absolute worst of them. It's such a double-edged sword too, because I want more devs to bring console games to PC, but can't stand throwing my money at them when they do it in such a completely half-assed manner. PC gamers are pretty much fucked when it comes to these situations. It basically boils down to:

Dev releases shitty PC port of console game -> People buy it because they don't know any better not to -> Dev keeps releasing shitty ports because they sell

OR

Dev releases shitty PC port of console game -> PC gamers don't buy it because it's shit -> Dev no longer releases PC ports of console games.

It's a complete lose-lose. Sadly, I don't see this trend ever changing either.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

FFXIII coming to Steam

I buy all my games on PC as I don't support consoles. There are a growing number like me so you can add a third option:

Buy PC port even though I know it will be bad -> it sucked as predicted -> will keep buying them bc fuck consoles.

I occassionally voice my disappointment on various internef places but mostly just warn against to my master race friends.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yeah but I really do hope they get everything up to date for FFXIII-2 (even if the odds are low). I am still impressed FFXIII managed to get dual audio (though I always preferred the English voices), so they are listening to feedback. I do agree, what is with the ports lately from SE ?

How did we go from The Last Remnant (which had almost every option you could think of for a PC version) to this (and this for the latest single player Final Fantasy game too, so you would think they put a bit more effort for a better reception).

And also, it's been 7 days since the announcement of a patch and it hasn't been released yet. Are they still working on those two things (esc to exit fix and swapping the button). Either they are also working on resolution or graphical options and trying to get them in the same patch or somehow it is difficult to get those two fixes in the game? I hope it's the former but we'll see.

Looking at the player count and stats for FFXIII when it was released a few weeks ago, a decent number of people were enjoying FFXIII for the first time on PC despite the problems (I had a lot of fun reading the discussions on the forums). Also I enjoyed the trading cards and profile backgrounds (though it's too bad they don't have one for every character). XIII-2 better come with a Yeul emoticon and a Yeul profile background or I am going to cry.

Hello,

The FINAL FANTASY XIII team have been working hard to improve your experience on Steam and we're happy to announce the following changes will be rolled out at the beginning of December.

■ All versions
    Custom resolutions (720p, 1080p...) and graphic options will be added.

We'll be in touch as soon as we're ready for the next one!

SQUARE ENIX
    Might not need GeDoSaTo for this game anymore come next month.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Might not need GeDoSaTo for this game anymore come next month.
    unless FFXIII supports the downsampling and hudless screenshots that GeDoSaTo enables, there will always be a need for it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    unless FFXIII supports the downsampling and hudless screenshots that GeDoSaTo enables, there will always be a need for it.
    Meh to all that. All I want is my ingame configuration options for resolution and etc standard options.

If they give me that, to hell with Gedosido. I can downsample with my Nvidia built in DSR if I really wanted it.

Give me the natural resolution, no tearing and fps drops, and fitting menus, pretty much a working game, and I'll be happy.

Edit: Fuck all those pussies who said, "Just be happy it got released on PC."
    I am really surprised and happy to see SE make attempts to listen to the outcries of the PC community and actual fix their game. Makes me optimistic about X-2 and X-3 and XV on PC.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Hopefully 13-2/3 will have these options on Day 1.

I'm not a lover of GeDoSaTo

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

FF13 down to $6.40 for Black Friday
    http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor....#.VHfLFTGLCN1

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

From Steam's page.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120/announcements
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/2921...29782418586613

Patch coming Dec 11th with XIII-2 release.

Hello Everyone,

As mentioned recently, the FINAL FANTASY XIII team have been working hard to improve your experience on Steam and we're happy to announce that custom resolutions (720p, 1080p...) and graphic options will be added to the game from December 11th 2014!

Custom Res AND graphic options. Body = Ready

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

inb4 graphics options = vertical sync on/off and chocobo feather resolution low/high

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Keyboard sensitivity slider.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

pls SE

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why do I have the feeling that this won't solve the biggest issues with this release? Oh yeah, it's being released with XIII-2...

inb4 butthurt of having to re-download the extra sound files people deleted.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Patch is up. It is meh.

I have 1440p screen, any time i try full screen 1080p or 1440p it screen tears, 1440p looks very pixelated.

However, when ran at 1080p windowed with x16aa and 2024x2024 shadow resolution, the game runs flawless, no tears and almost always 60 fps without dips.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Silly question.. where the fuck are the save files for this game.. Steam is not updating the play time i had had from my laptop to my main rig... put in like 5 hours today... and il be damned if ima do it again.. (il prob do it again i just don't want to)

kept digging ... never mind https://steamcommunity.com/app/29212...8693105084044/

Look under X:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SquareEnix\FinalFa ntasyXIII\save
    if anybody else is retarded as me

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I finally got around to installing this from Steam over my Christmas break, and I'm about two hours in. Having never played a previous version of FF XIII, I was not familiar with any aspect of this FF before now. I think I'm about two hours in, and the story is ridiculously confusing, to the point I have no fucking idea what's going on. Am I just retarded? I suspect so.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Think they expect you to read the in-game book, but don't worry my friend had a similar reaction as there was too many terms were used.

But basically you're attempting to rescue the princess in the first couple of hours and it establishes why the chars are stuck with each other for the remainder of the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast