+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

That fee actually isn't bullshit unless they jack it up on you. $500-$750 is usually the fair cost. If they lowered the price significantly below that, they were making money on you elsewhere lol.

Edit: Truecar.com is a good resource. If they say you are getting a deal, you usually are.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kiki Tsakiki
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This book has been around for decades, but was refreshed recently - gives some good insights into the games car dealers play: http://www.dontgettakeneverytime.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    If I were in the market for a compact SUV, my choice would be Ford Escape Turbo 2L w/ 4wd.
    At that point why not just get a Crosstrek/Forester? Unless features are you thing then avoid subaru, they're 10 years behind on their tech.

Link - What is the price point you're trying to be at?

That 2.0 AWD Turbo Escape is also a $28,000 vehicle. You are getting cloth seats, standard stereo, ford sync, and satellite radio ready at that 28K price.

I paid roughly 25k for the Rogue Fully Loaded. Full leather, sunroof, upgraded stereo/trim, heated seats, backup/birds eye camera, nav, etc. For 28K you can get a Murano with the same basic features as the above Escape and get 3.5 Liter V6.

I just don't see a point in paying for a slighter faster version of a car that's made to commute and haul groceries. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    That 2.0 AWD Turbo Escape is also a $28,000 vehicle. You are getting cloth seats, standard stereo, ford sync, and satellite radio ready at that 28K price.

I paid roughly 25k for the Rogue Fully Loaded. Full leather, sunroof, upgraded stereo/trim, heated seats, backup/birds eye camera, nav, etc. For 28K you can get a Murano with the same basic features as the above Escape and get 3.5 Liter V6.

I just don't see a point in paying for a slighter faster version of a car that's made to commute and haul groceries. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    I felt more comfortable in the Escape for what it was. Once you get into the Murano size it's apples and oranges. As for that last bit, I am single and childless. I get groceries infrequently, so those kind of things don't factor much into my hypothetical car purchases.

On the topic of new v. used: I am an advocate for getting the current year/last years model "used". Most people don't really understand how much you can save finding a vehicle someone put a thousand or so miles on a car and decided they didn't want it.

Single and no kids? Shit I wouldn't be looking at Compact SUV's at all.

Turbo Hot Hatch (Golf-R, Speed3, Focus ST, WRX/STI Hatch) Hell maybe a 370Z lol.

The only reason we own a compact SUV is my wife. I would have prefered she picked up a WRX or Outback myself. The FocusST wasn't out yet when we were shopping. She wanted something "big", and I wouldn't go for anything bigger than the Compact SUV Class as it would be complete overkill and not needed.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Quixon View Post
    Single and no kids? Shit I wouldn't be looking at Compact SUV's at all.

Turbo Hot Hatch (Golf-R, Speed3, Focus ST, WRX/STI Hatch) Hell maybe a 370Z lol.

The only reason we own a compact SUV is my wife. I would have prefered she picked up a WRX or Outback myself. The FocusST wasn't out yet when we were shopping. She wanted something "big", and I wouldn't go for anything bigger than the Compact SUV Class as it would be complete overkill and not needed.
    I'm not in the market for one, my statement was If I was in the market for a compact SUV.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'd love to own a Golf R MK 7, it's $52,000 though. A bit too pricey for me currently.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quixon, will Zeus be driving a sport car as well? this is important to my future endeavors as his un-official "your dad is retarded, dont do that" liaison

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Wait for the Model 3

No he'll earn his way up to that category like I had to lol.

I started with a 89' Powder Blue New Yorker w/ Landau Roof lol. Me and my friend, who's wife is due in January, are going to be building some sick ass Go Karts for these kids though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not sure which car thread to use, so I'll start here...

Do any of you have any aftermarket headrest-mounted dvd/bluray players for your cars? Driving to the beach this year with our kids wasn't so pleasant, and I think being able to stick in a disney movie on repeat may make it more tolerable for everybody involved.

I'd like a self-contained unit (just plug it into a 12v) but I'm open to other options (like running off a laptop or a bluray player stashed under a seat). I'm not seeing many good options on google/amazon/etc. Thoughts or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    Not sure which car thread to use, so I'll start here...

Do any of you have any aftermarket headrest-mounted dvd/bluray players for your cars? Driving to the beach this year with our kids wasn't so pleasant, and I think being able to stick in a disney movie on repeat may make it more tolerable for everybody involved.

I'd like a self-contained unit (just plug it into a 12v) but I'm open to other options (like running off a laptop or a bluray player stashed under a seat). I'm not seeing many good options on google/amazon/etc. Thoughts or advice?
    Do you have an iPad or any other tablet? My sister-in-law has one of these. I don't actually know what brand she bought, I just googled "ipad headrest" and linked one that came up.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

my parents used to have a big conversion van, and they put a little TV in the center console that i'd watch movies on, and later plug my N64 into. was fuckin bitchin.

anyway that thing obiron posted looks like a solid bet. or if you're handy with a craft you could make one yourself.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Obiron View Post
    Do you have an iPad or any other tablet? My sister-in-law has one of these. I don't actually know what brand she bought, I just googled "ipad headrest" and linked one that came up.
    Interesting idea. I have a kindle, which isn't as useful as an ipad/android for media playback, but it could work.

Thanks.

I think you'd be paying less for an ipad than you would for headrest monitors and a dvd system.