1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 34 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Leveling     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Leveling

hey guys, i just reactivated my FFXIV account. Since it was along time ago i played FFXIV (basicly the only extensiv time was 2 months after its release) i wanted to ask whats a good way to Level up your Jobs in FFXIV?

When I played fates were a thing and later on dungeons. Any recommendation on what is okeish-good stuff for Exp. I dont hate fates but I cant do that stuff for more then 1 hour before pukeing. Thx for your advices in advance.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Daily roulette bonuses plus the weekly achievements speed it up a bunch.

First thing each day is Roulette Dungeon+Roulette Guildheist. After that spam fates (typically lower lvl ones since you'll more then likely be solo) while flagged for the highest dungeon you can enter. You will want to do Fates in 5 different zones each week for the weekly bonus.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Daily roulette bonuses plus the weekly achievements speed it up a bunch.

First thing each day is Roulette Dungeon+Roulette Guildheist. After that spam fates (typically lower lvl ones since you'll more then likely be solo) while flagged for the highest dungeon you can enter. You will want to do Fates in 5 different zones each week for the weekly bonus.
    I've discovered the Daily Roulette.... but Weekly Achievements? Fates in 5 Different zones for weekly bonus... I see... hows that work, just, automatic?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I've discovered the Daily Roulette.... but Weekly Achievements? Fates in 5 Different zones for weekly bonus... I see... hows that work, just, automatic?
    There's a quest in Limsa Lominsa, near the leve counter (Lv15 quest, I think). It rewards something called the 'Challenge Log' and it gives money/exp/variousOtherThings for completing various goals and it resets weekly(Tues. morning).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post

As Raldo said you need the Challenge log. (forgot you had to unlock it)

And yes the bonuses are automatic so if you play multiple classes you need to pay attention to them.

Ex: You do 4 fates in different regions on MNK and then do the 5th region on WHM, WHM gets the bonus. This becomes an issue when you finish a challenge on a lvl50 class and loss the XP bonus for the week.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I see... I'll have to go unlock that D:

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

leves no good exp? i thought they adjusted that exp at some point? Also have read somethign about daily quests.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    leves no good exp? i thought they adjusted that exp at some point? Also have read somethign about daily quests.
    not for battle classes, save those for Crafting and Gathering. Crafting especially if you know high level people that can help you out, 10-11 leves will get you 5 levels.

if you're talking about Beastmen Dailies they don't start till the 40s.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Crafting especially if you know high level people that can help you out, 10-11 leves will get you 5 levels.
    Or you can do it yourself for virtually no cost, in almost the same time frame. HQ turn ins don't particularly matter until you're past about level 20 anyway. Don't be the person that asks your FC crafters to make you a bunch of HQ crap tier stuff for turn ins, especially if you've just come back. We had someone like that recently, and were vindicated about not helping them out, when they vanished from the game again in less than a month.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Dungeons are great xp and the roulettes associated with them help a lot. You can repeat Guild Hests on all classes and get the full xp reward too, so that helps with levelling. Obviously hunting logs (class based and GC) and quests. FATEs are useful top up xp and leves are okay to help you get to 15.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Leves offer decent exp except some of the most obnoxious ones, and are a good change of pace from other leveling alternatives. As much as I like dungeons, when leveling I usually only did the two daily roulettes (which for me meant Toto-Rak forever), and one extra, maybe two dungeons of the appropriate level per day. The rest of the time, either I did some Leves or changed to a level 50 job to do something else. I never did FATEs too much because I find them pretty boring, even if they are a good source of exp if cleared quickly.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If you got super cool friends who also need exp:

Get to 44
    Queue for Dzemael Darkhold
    Train pull to end of first room, blow everything down, quit and repeat

----

Otherwise, I recommend you do your roulette daily, but don't burn yourself out unless you need to hit 50 ASAP. And always pop some food for 3% EXP. If you want to save money, then buy a stack of Filtered Water (3gil each) which offers no stats but does give 3% exp boost. Leves are a nice alternative compared to quests, if you have any left that is. Don't forget Grand Company leves too, which are usually the same but it's a variation.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

thx for all the answers. i dont need to hit 50 quickly, my whm is 50 but i was looking into lvling my arcanist furthet to 50. as for crafts i have alchemist and clothcrafting caped and did that via leves. i am interested in chocobo dying but that seems impossible withou a house

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

thx for all the answers. i dont need to hit 50 quickly, my whm is 50 but i was looking into lvling my arcanist furthet to 50. as for crafts i have alchemist and clothcrafting caped and did that via leves. i am interested in chocobo dying but that seems impossible withou a house
    Join random FC (that has a house+stables) -> dye chocobo -> leave FC

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    If you got super cool friends who also need exp:

Get to 44
    Queue for Dzemael Darkhold
    Train pull to end of first room, blow everything down, quit and repeat
    Didn't they add DF timeout penalty to full-party quits in an update a while back? Or was that only for Roulette?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Didn't they add DF timeout penalty to full-party quits in an update a while back? Or was that only for Roulette?
    Roulette only, just to curb people spamming full-party roulette and pulling out until they got the specific duty they wanted (thus defeating the purpose of 'roulette'). Don't know why they bothered though, it wasn't hurting anything.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Pre-formed parties do not get penalty

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Roulette only, just to curb people spamming full-party roulette and pulling out until they got the specific duty they wanted (thus defeating the purpose of 'roulette'). Don't know why they bothered though, it wasn't hurting anything.
    I always thought that was a really bad way to resolve the issue, particularly since it was a dumb idea to let people queue roulette with full parties in the first place.

My understanding was that a large portion of the reason roulette was introduced was to provide groups for people who were waiting in queues for unpopular duties they needed to complete. That benefit is completely negated when you allow people to queue DR with a full party.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You could try leve-linking. Need making party with several ppl with close level range as yours and having same leve name with the one you're (or other pt member) gonna activate. Will multiply your XP/reward bonus. You will only get partial reward if not all or even only one having that leve name.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I can't post a new thread of my own, but this seems like the easiest one to ask in. What are the ideal stat allotments for each class/job?