Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    They make an episode like, within a week of it actually airing lol. During the Obama/McCann elections, I think the election was on like a Monday or Tuesday, and they had an episode ready to go on Wednesday with Obama winning.
    Its possible they had the skeleton and generic scenes for both possibilities done

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Its possible they had the skeleton and generic scenes for both possibilities done
    I wouldn't doubt this at all. But it doesn't change the fact that they only start making an episode 6 days before its supposed to air. The average TV show dedicates 2 weeks per episode, and the episodes are done like at least a couple months before they air too

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They had enough time to get Lorde on board.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm trying to praise them for how well they do in such a short amount of time, not criticize them +_+

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm trying to praise them for how well they do in such a short amount of time, not criticize them +_+
    I think we all are. We all know they do things the week before, but yet here I ran to this thread and basically proclaimed "Holy crap guys, 1+1 equals 2" as if it wasn't common knowledge. Yeah, this show is still amazing.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They make an episode like, within a week of it actually airing lol. During the Obama/McCann elections, I think the election was on like a Monday or Tuesday, and they had an episode ready to go on Wednesday with Obama winning.

According to the little documentary they did a couple years ago, it's something like:
    -Episode releases
    -Take a day off
    -Use the next 6 to make the next one
    -Episode releases

And so forth and so forth.
    They made two episodes for each president since the election was on a Wednesday, so they could immediately air one episode or the other. As far as I could remember, South Park has always aired on wednesdays.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

this is shaping up to be one of my favorite seasons

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lorde responded via Instagram to the episode. She seemed quite flattered, especially by Sharon's speech to Randy at the end lol

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Great ep, laughed my ass off

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    this is shaping up to be one of my favorite seasons
    Agreed. Such a strong start to the season - really excited to see more.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

SPIN Magazine responded with their next episode review ... and didn't get butt hurt about it. Seems like they took it in stride and basically said South Park was right.

http://www.spin.com/articles/south-p...arody-episode/

https://twitter.com/BrennanCarley (Private, but note the banner)

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Too good lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

"I am Lorde, yeah yeah yeah!" is about to become the new favorite dumb saying between me and my friends.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Loved the first episode, thought the gluten free one was okay, Loved this one. The Lorde songs had me laughing outloud, especially the end showing everyone listening to it. While I didn't like episode 2 as much, the reference with the pabst was amazing. I might need to rewatch episode 2, I was pretty distracted during it.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Loved the first episode, thought the gluten free one was okay, Loved this one. The Lorde songs had me laughing outloud, especially the end showing everyone listening to it. While I didn't like episode 2 as much, the reference with the pabst was amazing. I might need to rewatch episode 2, I was pretty distracted during it.
    either you weren't watching or you don't know any gluten obsessers cuz episode 2 was one of the best things they've done in a loooooooooooooooong time

like, not s'mores schnapps level, but not far from it

it's also worth noting that unless you have a very specific disease which reacts to it (in huge ways, not "i just feel better!"), almost any credible doctor will tell you going gluten free is retarded

Ridill
    BG Level

I'll give you an example just so you can have an idea what people are like about it tho:

My sister is super super crazy about it. She refused an order of gluten free pita once because they put it on the same plate as the normal stuff. (even if she were right about gluten in general, it doesn't work like that, at all lol)

Basically this means she takes complete control over the menu and dining choices wherever she goes, and if you're not making gluten free shit you have to make a separate dish for her. And that means every single ingredient has to be inspected and approved by her, and if it doesn't specifically say gluten free, you can't use it because "spices" or whatever shit they don't list specifically might have some in it.

Which is especially convenient because she's always been extremely picky about food and always been a complete ass about trying to take over the kitchen even when she's just visiting.

Yet, somehow, conveniently enough... the gluten in beer doesn't bother her. Not even in the unfiltered wheat beer that's so wheaty the shit's just floating in it. Which just happens to have always been her favorite kind.

Funny how that works, eh?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah I've never seen a gluten free person in my life, that might have something to do with it. I do know that 99% of gluten free people don't know what gluten even is though so I did get chuckles at that part of the episode.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    either you weren't watching or you don't know any gluten obsessers cuz episode 2 was one of the best things they've done in a loooooooooooooooong time

like, not s'mores schnapps level, but not far from it

it's also worth noting that unless you have a very specific disease which reacts to it (in huge ways, not "i just feel better!"), almost any credible doctor will tell you going gluten free is retarded
    Celiac disease is what you're referring to.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Yeah I've never seen a gluten free person in my life, that might have something to do with it. I do know that 99% of gluten free people don't know what gluten even is though so I did get chuckles at that part of the episode.
    I went through a majority of my life not knowing Gluten existed or that there was a related disease until my friend married someone with the real disease right after college. Then suddenly it's being mentioned everywhere, restaurants and supermarkets are going out of their way to label it ... and at first I was absolutely confused because my friends wife made it sound rare and next thing you know I see people on Facebook mentioning things involving Gluten Free. And that's how I began my utter disdain of these people.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast