• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yep, pretty much all I really do. Most HTML IDEs I've seen just leave so much clutter and crap when you try to design a template/style with them.

Anyway, I did some job hunting while doing laundry and I got a question: I did see a .NET Developer position that seemed up my alley:

* C# Development

* ASP.net

* SQL

* HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JQuery

* SharePoint is a plus!
    Mostly I've done all of this, except for JavaScript/JQuery, so would it still be worth it to apply even though I'd have no JS/JQuery experience? If so, how would I explain it if I got interviewed?

If you want to get into game dev, C++ and python. Pick up personal projects and work on OSS to stay sharp on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Mostly I've done all of this, except for JavaScript/JQuery, so would it still be worth it to apply even though I'd have no JS/JQuery experience? If so, how would I explain it if I got interviewed?
    JQuery is really easy. I'd try to learn it real quick before you get interviewed ;o

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    JQuery is really easy. I'd try to learn it real quick before you get interviewed ;o
    Yeah it looks simple enough. I was just wondering though from Darus's experience when it came to hiring how that'd play out. I do want to get into that, but first thing I need to do is get some code examples made and get my resume/portfolio updated. I was thinking after I get the base of my portfolio site made to kill two birds with one stone then incorporate some simple JQuery in areas to expand/collapse some dev containers and whatnot.

I'd just be honest.

"I haven't had an oppurtunity to use JQuery before, but in preparation for this interview I grabbed a book on it and started familiarizing myself, I'm confident I can come up to speed quickly."

Also keep in mind it depends who you're interviewing with, that's the kinda thing you want to say if another engineer is interviewing you. If an HR person is interviewing you, you probably want to say something more like

"Yes, I've had some recent experience with it". Honest, misleading a bit, but the HR person doesn't care, they just want to check off a box. You say the first part if you go on to a technical interview.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Yeah, what Darus said. Usualy HR won't go into too many details as their job is to do the pre-selection and just check if you meet like 75%+ of the requirements. Once you have an engineer to talk to, be honest. The only difference between you with that background and a versed jQuery user will be that you have to spend five minutes to look the proper method up, while the other guy remembers it. Heck, even then he might have to look up a property of said method because who can remember an entire JS library by heart and why should you anyways as a general .NET dev. As long as you know where to look and understand it.

BG Level

Sorry for the bump, but TL;DR: Lost my job today (Whoever said honesty is the best policy: Go die in a fire) and starting to rebuild my website portfolio. So I was wondering if anyone here knew some good PHP, HTML, JavaScript, and JQuery sites/tutorials other than W3Schools