+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    [*] Switch virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT
    Fantastic, going to be like the ol' good times on Snow Leopard before Apple fucked with Spaces/Expose since I used the same shortcut. Alt-tabbing between shit with more than 4 things open gets irritating, when I could consolidate certain programs to certain desktops for quicker access.

Still going to wait for a service pack/"10.1" before making the jump though.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah I'm really excited about that feature too. I was using sysinternals desktops before but it messed up my rotating backgrounds.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Installed the preview on an unused work pc today, and it basically feels like 8.1 with a proper start menu. And from all the grayed-out options in the task bar settings, you can tell that it's probably really just a rework of 8.1 at this point.

We'll see what they make out of it, but so far I see no real reason for upgrading once you get used to 8.1. The new power user functions are nice, but nothing tools like clink can't add, and IMHO they definitely don't justify the hassle of installing a new OS...

It would for someone using W7 or XP. I suspect a lot of PC bro's on these forums didn't bother buying into W8 unless being coerced into it by purchasing new Laptops/PC's in the past couple of years. For a much longer while when W8 launched, they were still handing out W7 on online build it yourself websites, iBuyPower & company. The small number of W8.1 users will need to decide quickly if they're going to keep using W8 altogether when the Free Upgrade rolls around. MS is looking more and more like dumping W8 like it never happened. Kind of like Vista.