Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty sure all the magical BP's Ignore shadows, always have, so they probably do :\

Campaign
    BG Level

Just the magical ones? I was more concerned about the Physical ones.
    If the magical ignores shadows (ignore =/= strip, but I seem to recall they just ignored them) but physical behave normally, then /NIN might still be the best subjob for a RUN on this?
    Might not be enough for the other DDs though =/
    If I create a DD setup party with a RUN in it it's pretty clear that he won't be able to hold hate like in a tank+RNGs setup, so "tanking" is kinda not a point I'm afraid.

Do Magical BPs consume/strip third eye or just go through that leaving the buff up?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Just the magical ones? I was more concerned about the Physical ones.
    If the magical ignores shadows (ignore =/= strip, but I seem to recall they just ignored them) but physical behave normally, then /NIN might still be the best subjob for a RUN on this?
    Might not be enough for the other DDs though =/
    If I create a DD setup party with a RUN in it it's pretty clear that he won't be able to hold hate like in a tank+RNGs setup, so "tanking" is kinda not a point I'm afraid.

Do Magical BPs consume/strip third eye or just go through that leaving the buff up?
    Yah Physicals behave normally, but as you probably know, all but Levi/titan are 3+ hits (Shiva being 5)... so they'd still take some damage unless it was fresh shadows.

Campaign
    BG Level

Don't think I'd bother on Shiva and likely Ramuh as well because of the paralyze/stun issues. But Ifrit/Garuda/Leviathan/Titan should be doable.
    Kinda scared about Predator's Claw, but then again what's the option here? Either you go SAM /SAM and use Seigan Third Eye or... /NIN and Shadows?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Merit BPs go through shadows and don't drop them (despite being AoE in these avatar fights). -ajas will also obviously drop shadows. Otherwise everything should be blinkable. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that monster Avatar BPs are designed the same as player Avatar BPs (first hit contains the vast majority of the BP damage), so as long as you have at least one shadow up you shouldn't get one-shotted by Pred Claws or anything.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah that's what was I thinking.
    So NIN main can go whatever sub (/RUN? /WAR?) and other DDs would go /NIN.
    3x DDs (one of them being RUN for Valiance? Altough RUN is hardly a DD tbf...)
    1x Healer (preferably WHM)
    2x Buffers (BRD + COR/GEO?)

Such a setup should work at least for Titan, Leviathan, Ifrit and Garuda.
    Would work on Shiva and Ramuh too I suppose but their stun/paralyga/spikes can make the fights more annoying.

When I did VD Shiva yesterday on Iceday with PLD+RNG setup I didn't even use Scherzo, we survived every time. We had Barblizzara up though and I used CarolI+CarolII, so 2 song slots out of 5. Could've been Scherzo instead and that would have taken out just 1 slot instead of 2, I suppose. But honestly if we bring a RUN and keep Valiance up no magic damage should really be a particular issue, which was the main point of bringing a RUN.
    Only thing being that you can't keep Valiance up 100% of the time. Max duration is 3' 35'' I think, with a 5 mins recast.
    Given the no 100% uptime I'm not really sure you can efficiently rely on that, making the whole point of bringing a RUN kinda moot.
    You'd have to bring two but at that point damage might be too low, or... not?
    In the end I doubt you would time out, their HP is not high enough to make time out a potential issue, as far as I could see.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Seems like a total waste of time to rely on RUN in any capacity, tbqh. They're a bad DD and don't save you party slots. When I did my first runs, we used essentially the strategy that you're proposing and it was like 5 minute fights... on Normal. The RUNs did half the damage of the third melee and we took more damage on average from AF/BPs/etc. than we take on VD riding Scherzo/EA.

You could probably screw around and beat it eventually using RUNs, but you could also just lean on Scherzo+EA and bring NINs for a nearly-entirely-safe fight if you didn't want to use RNGs. Heck, the first VD strat posted in this thread was 2 SAM + SMN + BRD + GEO + WHM, so you could go that route too.

RUN has yet to justify its existence as a job.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Seems like a total waste of time to rely on RUN in any capacity, tbqh.
    One would be ok I guess, two... yeah. (unless we were talking about Epeolatry RUNs maybe but it's not the case here).
    Thing is we're kinda bored of the usual setup and wanted to try something different and fun, especially including our RUNs which we hardly ever get a chance to use =/

You could probably screw around and beat it eventually using RUNs, but you could also just lean on Scherzo+EA
    [cut]
    Scherzo+EA just for the Astral Flow BP? Because otherwise a group of NIN could use Migawari I suppose. It doesn't stack with one of between Scherzo/EA but I don't remember which (EA?)
    But yeah thanks for the suggestions, guess we'll try something like that.
    Not as good as finally getting a chance to use our RUNs but still better than relying on tank+RNG, we got bored of that, been using it since AAs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

With G-horn, they grant -95% damage taken on attacks that would have done >75% of your max HP as damage. If you cancel shell, that applies to all spells/magic TP moves/AFs. After that, you only have to blink (or anticipate) physical TP moves and melee hits.

A constant -95% on all magic damage vs. RUN. One sub-par buffer (SMN) vs. two sub-par DDs (RUNs). It's just clearly better to use Scherzo+EA.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    RUN has yet to justify its existence as a job.
    If you remove scherzo EA and Aegis then the job is justified, until then noone is gonna bother, even with Mythic RUN (albeit the aftermath makes it better as a DD but when you have real mythic DDs around lol)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SE break Zaldon?

Anyone still fish (ebisu, shawl) fishes and notice trading with Zaldon has become manual? I can't find any other way to macro trade with him like before, I have to manually go to trade. SE secretly nerf this? =0

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe your macro is messed up? I seriously doubt they'd right code to make 1 specific npc not accept trade by macros

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Isn't it just simply /item "Name" <t> ?

Same as what I used to use back in abyssea days when pop'ing NMs or opening chests (ie, /targetnpc, /item "Molted Scrap" <t> or /item "Forbidden Key" <t>)

I'm at a loss

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dannyl View Post

Same as what I used to use back in abyssea days when pop'ing NMs or opening chests (ie, /targetnpc, /item "Molted Scrap" <t> or /item "Forbidden Key" <t>)

I'm at a loss
    Do you have shortcuts or gearswap loaded? I can't remember which, but my mining macro wouldn't work with one of the two loaded when I was finishing coalition quests on a mule a week or two (?) ago. I thought I just screwed something up, though. Had to unload and then the macro worked fine. (Sorry, I can't remember!)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll check which. I manually traded all my fish. Next time I'll unload all if that is the case.

Strange how it would disable a basic command function like that.

Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dannyl View Post
    didn't use it in a macro but that text command worked fine with me. Maybe check spell or use the auto trans version? Or could be what the other guy said

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was typing it right

It was gearswap as Terravcota suggested >.<

Has what yellow and white do been found? it was said red lowers magic eva and blue lowers DT if applied.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

About blue proc, Avatars seems to have -50% DT until you proc it. Zantetsuken did 8748 and 17498 on a different fight after !!.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Would think Zantestsuken would be based on the mob's Current HP upon use, whereby higher HP=More damage. I figured procs were used to interrupt attacks? When I lunge/swipe to proc while Shiva readies Heavenly Strike, it interrupts her TP move.