Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Samsung S5 not receiving MMS and sending them days later. (AT&T)

So my GF's Samsung S5 is having a few problems, she's with AT&T.

Basically, around half the time I send her picture messages she doesn't get them and instead gets a little box as if its a bad link on the internet. This happens whether its through groupme, dropbox, screenshots, pictures taken as text attachments or pictures taken with the phone. She uses the default messaging app.

She also is now telling me that she sent her friend a picture and that friend didn't receive it until days later.

Another tiny issue shes having is she has to re-enter her HOME wi-fi password once in a while with the phone as if its not always remembering or saving it. I'm not sure if this is happening only after a restart or not. She's just telling me about this and I haven't had the chance to really check it or play with it because she has unlimited 4G and usually its not even noticed.

She's had a metric ton of problems switching from an iPhone to a Samsung due to iMessage and was for several months not getting any texts from iphone users, we think that has been solved but I feel like its still somehow related. Seriously fuck iMessage, we went through so many solutions and trips to the apple store to fix it (if its even fixed). Next step is changing her number/carrier (which I'd love for her to do anyway).

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Did anyone mess around with the APN settings on the phone? If yes, try resetting them back to default. I think the path is Settings > Wireless and Networks > More settings > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > Menu key > Reset to default. Beyond that I'm not really sure. If the issue persists both on WiFi and off, it may just be a firmware/hardware defect.

iMessage is indeed the worst ex-girlfriend in the history of ever.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Nothing has been messed with, but I'll look into it and maybe try a factory reset as well. I really don't want to take a trip to the att store, I hate people less tech savvy than me working in tech environments.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

We have a lot of Galaxy phones in the company, verify that MMS settings are right as Obsidian suggests, then try to power it down (all the way) and power it back up. If it's the same bug we encountered, this will usually see them loaded right, but keep in mind: Your carrier might not keep them on their servers for very long, so the window to execute this might be small.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I had a friend going through similar issues with a motox. Factory reset did the trick.