1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Ultimate Pay Discontinued?

I noticed my alt character no longer was in service and I tried to reinstate it. It's a european account and I am living in North America so unable to use North Americna Credit Cards. The alternative to this was using ultimate pay to add crysta to the account however I don't see that option anymore. Was there an announcement about discontinuing this service that I missed? Or does it periodically temporarily get disabled?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

There was an announcement back in July but it's still pretty dumb. Apparently a lot of people had to use UltimatePay to play the game since 401/406 errors have been around for years.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ultimatepay was also how to use Paypal. Now can only use it on timecards (that are overcosted if you typically do Legacy or Entry subs). So yeah, thanks SE.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

I'm living in JP and using a JP credit card to pay to an EU account.
    I got the 401/406 errors when I tried my EU cards. Switching to my JP cards solved the errors.
    I think the checks are based on your IP's geographical location.

Have you tried your NA cards?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Ultimatepay was also how to use Paypal. Now can only use it on timecards (that are overcosted if you typically do Legacy or Entry subs). So yeah, thanks SE.
    Can't blame SE for this one; Ultimatepay themselves shut down.

https://site.ultimatepay.com/

Edit: I mean, you can blame them in a roundabout way of course, for being a pain to work with, for not mentioning in that big announcement "oh yeah, this will affect paypal as well", but it wasn't really their choice to discontinue UP.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I mean more in the sense that SE is shit about not letting you give them your money.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Oh SE is total shit when it comes to taking money. It's amazing that in 2014 they still have no idea what they're doing.

Meanwhile I resubbed to WoW the other day to grab some last minute things before they vanish with the patch:
    > Open launcher
    > Click button to resub.
    > Choose CC info from dropdown.
    > Done Sir done.

The whole thing was done faster than it takes to even navigate to the payment options in SEs clusterfuck of a website.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Blizzard is fucking god tier when it comes to how they handle ease of access to customers being able to purchase game time or things from their cash shop. They're also god tier when it comes to customer service, I've had quiet a few things done for my account in the past with them that any other company would have just said LOLBUYNEWGAME.

Hell I've even had 90 days game time restored to my account because I bought a year from them and didn't play 6 / 12 months. Let me see another company honor something like that.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SE does the opposite, they charge you twice for the same month! bit yeah SEs payment and customer service are a clusterfuck by themself. they shoul introduce a challenge log just for dealing with it lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm just lucky that SE accepted my credit card this month. Had to do the whole UltimatePay / Paypal route last month. I've never had so much trouble getting a company to take my money before.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    I'm just lucky that SE accepted my credit card this month. Had to do the whole UltimatePay / Paypal route last month. I've never had so much trouble getting a company to take my money before.
    I still remember me fighting with their payment system 2 days straight when I joined up because their default payment never went through. Big thread on the OF that got axed by a mod, turned into a sticky, rage ensured, SE denied anything, etc. etc. In the end I think I had to use UltimatePay to buy Crysta since I had no alternatives, so pretty sure if I wanted to resub I'd be SoL.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...78#post2500278

Greetings,

We understand the frustration that the removal of the PlaySpan, and by extension PayPal, billing option is having on customers that relied on it for paying for subscription fees or for the optional services like retainers.

We are currently working on implementing a PayPal payment option and we hope to have this up and running soon. In the meantime, if you do encounter errors when attempting to register your credit card, please contact our Support Center for assistance.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

please contact our Support Center for assistance.
    Support Center >> We can't do anything for you, it's your banks fault
    Agent has disconnected.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Whoops, already posted, my bad.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Support Center >> We can't do anything for you, it's your banks fault
    Agent has disconnected.
    And the 1+ hour long wait.