+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

They're adding a special Bahamut dungeon in a week, mentioned it would be designed around level 20 parties (not sure if it will scale up beyond that).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You can only attack by having 2 units on opposite sides, correct?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Yes, or for enemies in a corner if you have two units next to it trapping it.

One note is that physical skills like Megasword / Thunder Strike can only trigger if the unit is one of the two initiating the attack. Most (maybe all?) other active abilities like healing and magic can trigger for any unit that's part of the chain.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

My consecutive login bonus (day 9) dropped back down to 500 coins.. Did that happen to anyone else?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Consecutive login bonus is on an 8-day cycle. It will say it's the day 9 bonus, but it will be the same as day 1's bonus. So every 8 days of continuous play will get you 8800 gold and 5 energy according to http://www.terrabattlex.com/guides/login_bonus

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Well i gave it a try, and its not bad. I managed to get an A class rare archer and B class rare knight out of my free energy.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Bahamut is out. S rank fire mage, has 3 jobs, and drops randomly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Sooo this just happened on my first try... i Also got Piz'fer as my 1st roll *who made this fight even win-able* and then 2 A ranks Ka'pori and Kana *shes shitty atm*

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Got Bahamut on my 3rd run. It has really nice abilities too.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Oh nice, thought they would just make him some A or B throwaway unit. Mages are pretty beastly in this game but it seems like I have too many now lol.

Rolled a Piz'fer to start and got zafitte from the free energy.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Took me like 6 tries to get Bahamut, which was annoying as those fights were pretty lengthy (10 battles... I'm pretty much like lv20~22ish).

So, Bahamut is the first offensive mage I've gotten. (Only other mages were the initial healer.. or idk if I just happened to roll him, and a sleep mage who I got, who is pretty useless..)

All I can say is, god damn I've been missing out, he's ridiculous, lol.

(Also, just started playing a few days ago, was a bit averse to the idea as I'm not a fan of phone games, especially the whole stamina and pay to win shit, but I have to say, this game does it pretty fucking well. Stamina regens fast enough, and I don't play this non-stop enough for it to be a huge issue. Also, I didn't re-roll cause that's lame. Speaking of which, I don't see the point of the character ranks and the rolling. Couldn't they have been a little bit more creative? That's really my only complaint about this game, which is pretty minor as it's a pretty damn good game. Especially considering it's FREE.)

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Well, they seem to be pretty generous with handouts so far, so I'm happy with the rank system being their way of monetizing the game. The rarer characters are definitely not needed to complete the content in the game right now (and have steeper exp curves / harder-to-get job materials anyway), but they do have some unique abilities that you won't find on B rank characters like Treasure Hunter / Negotiator / Party Revival.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Killed Bahamut about 10 times, no drop yet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just did my first metal dungeon thing. Fuck those runners...

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

If you recruit a Mech Orbling from one of the chapters, they have an aoe sleep that will hit the runners in the first two metal zones with 100% effectiveness.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

0/4 bahamut. Anyone know when this event ends?

Edit: 0/9...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Terra Battle [Android/iOS]

Says 10/24 - 10/26 on the in-game post. Haven't seen a definitive end time yet though.

1/7 for me now. Ran it 6 times last night before I passed out, then managed to get it on my first try this morning.

Actually kind of interested to see what his other two jobs get ability wise.

Also it seems like a lot of people are speculating that the higher level versions of the event will be where we get his upgrade materials.

No clue when those will get released though, or if they'll even drop the upgrade stuff.

*Edit* looks like the event started at 7 utc (3 am est) on the 24th. Guessing they'll keep it open at least that long if they don't just keep it active for the rest of the day.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Somewhere around 0/30 now. Haven't been screwed by RNG jebus is a long time, so I guess I'm due.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

The exp curve on Bahamut is brutal. It's going to take a while (plus his future jobs) to make him competitive with other mages, though it should be worth it eventually with the stats he gets. Apparently someone with 2x Negotiator Pro got a 100% drop rate on him (20/20), which is pretty nice if you want to build up his skill boost.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Final result on Bahamut was somewhere between 0/35 and 0/40. I ain't even mad, except that could have put me through several more chapters of the story.