+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Has there been any kind of "Recruit" campaigns where the chances of getting say... Grade A and higher are enhanced? Got another 5 energy and trying to figure out if I should roll or keep it stocked.

Also, finding the battles to be quite long. Makes it feel like your stamina is worth it because by the time I finish a section of the chapter I've already regained 2-3 stamina.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Has there been any kind of "Recruit" campaigns where the chances of getting say... Grade A and higher are enhanced? Got another 5 energy and trying to figure out if I should roll or keep it stocked.
    Nothing special yet at all.

Unrelated, are jobs always significantly better or just skill-set alternatives? Without having equal stat comparisons anywhere I wasn't sure. Also wondering if there are any good tricks to leveling up a new job somewhat quickly.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

From what I've seen, the two main things that affect final stats for a given job type are rank and job tier. So Kuscah's 3rd job (rank B) has more HP but slightly/somewhat worse stats than Amina's 1st job (rank SS), but her 3rd job blows him out of the water stat-wise.

On the other hand, Amimari's first and third jobs are healer type and second job is sword type, so her 2nd job has slightly higher attack/defense than her 3rd job but less than half the magic attack/defense.

The stat differences seem to be significant enough that in most cases you probably want to switch to the higher job once you get the level 35 ability. Metal zone is by far the fastest way to level up new characters, though it starts slowing down past 30.

I'm only on chapter 17 atm but up until now I've progressed through the story with all my starter characters using their first jobs. Once you unlock Hunting Zone 2 and Hunting Zone 3 it might be a good idea to start working on farming job change items for characters or farming some of the higher quality monsters like Mantledrake (fire mage) and Megacell (ice mage) if you need them.

By the way, they just announced Neo Bahamut event starting 10/31 to farm Bahamut's special job upgrade item, with a difficulty level of 35. No idea if you will be able to recruit Bahamut again in the event, but even if you don't have him it might be a good idea to farm the drop in case they re-open the event again later.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Nothing special yet at all.

Unrelated, are jobs always significantly better or just skill-set alternatives? Without having equal stat comparisons anywhere I wasn't sure. Also wondering if there are any good tricks to leveling up a new job somewhat quickly.
    http://terrabattlex.com/characters <- For B Class and above, stat comparisons for jobs and units. I think it's fairly accurate.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I had an issue with Terra battle and it was not having a even B rank "spear" well 5 energy roll = get Samatha the SS rank spear/electric mage??

Why are chapters so long lol

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

They added the next stage of the special Bahamut dungeon (lv35 difficulty) which can drop the special item needed to job change Bahamut. They also brought back the first stage for anyone who didn't get him to drop. Really makes me wish I had a character with Treasure Hunter, especially since the second stage costs 25 stamina per entry. They're available until 11/2 but it's probably safe to assume they'll be brought back again for the third stage when that gets released.

They also extended the free Kuscah promotion for the entire month of November for hitting 1mil downloads. Honestly they should just make him a permanent freebie, it makes that big of a difference for people starting out.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Neo Bahamut boss is lv45 himself and attacks every turn. He only has column and row fire attacks with the exception of meteor. He comes with 2 healers that alternate turns and 2 attacking dragons. I lost against him the first time due to just trying to stupidly rush through the dungeon losing a unit early on. I'm waiting on stamina to try him again.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also got 7 free energy today which was cool. Finally rolled a mage (SS ice lizard guy) although it will prob take forever to catch him up to my group. Also got the SS lizard healer the other day, dunno if I should replace Kuscah with him. Kuscah is almost 35 ._.

I'm also reaching a place were I don't have enough stamina. 10 stamina for a story fight, 15 for zones, and I only have 50 total. Regen rate feels slow as balls when it starts getting high like this.

Also passed 10 logins, so I can only get 5 energy from logging in every 8 days now. I barely have any s/ss rank characters, don't have any with unique abilities like recruit rate or treasure hunter, and at this rate it just feels like I'm never going to get them. (Or I get energy very very slowly from the story, but I think that stops once you finish all the chapters, right? Can barely do one chapter a day right now and it feels like its only going to get worse.)

And so the nature of being a phone game rears its ugly head. Ah well, despite the frustrations, its still fun, and I had a lot of fun up until this point. Especially for a free game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

as an owner of SS lizard mage he is BAD ASS jesus he carrys my party alone and shits all over bahamut

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

1/1 on Neo Bahamut item drop. Makes up for going 1/12 on original bahamut. Glad I don't have to do it again since my team is only around level 30

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Well that's unfortunate, though fairly indicative of what character art is like in the game. Some of the character bios are pretty interesting to read too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there something I can do with the C-D class units I have no use for?

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

A couple may have some utility for a sleep or paralyze skill.. but once you have enough other units I don't think you'll ever touch them again.

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    A couple may have some utility for a sleep or paralyze skill.. but once you have enough other units I don't think you'll ever touch them again.
    Once you get enough SS-B units and sort by 'Rare' they don't show up in the list anymore so you don't even have to look at them either.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ok just wanted to make sure there wasn't a 'fuse' option I wasn't seeing.^^

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ya, that pic has severe broken back picture, on Amina....

Picked this up right after Christmas, so I missed some free energy, but this is my team so far:

Amimari - SS Healer
    Zafitte - S Support Mage
    Bahamut - S Mage
    S'naip - A Ranged
    Gigojago - B Ranged Elemental
    Kuscah - B Healer
    U'nasag - B Knight Elemental

Amimari and S'naip are my best two, with Zafitte a decent support unit, and I just got strong enough to farm Bahamut Decended, so I finally have a mage I can use. I'll be going after Ordin and Leviathan, for the rest of the event, while I build up rolls for better characters. I'm on Chapter 14, and things can get pretty rough, without any AOE, so hopefully, after I've captured Ordin/Leviathan, and level them up, along with Bahamut, and a job change for S'naip, things will smooth out.

*********** 5 Metal Ticket Code from Famitsu *********

The following code should work for everyone and gave me the items, via mail:

NetANZag2HE4kyQZ

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Here's a new gift code, for 5 energy and 5 Metal tickets: 4cdMaRD6zvhmmG2R

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks for the codes.

Anyone still playing this? Version 2.0 is up. It contains co op mode and summon battles. Also invite a friend/referrals system.

Here is my code 4KXr6MAQdpgp