Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Considering they aren't supporting XP anymore, it appears that all installer downloads they are doing now since the Seekers Collection have the version required for Vista or newer.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i tried downloading onto a new one and using the download files that playonline gives sadly didnt work out to well so i said screw it and just bought the collection lol better then nothing i say lol

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...stall_win.html

This is all you need. Download these and save a copy somewhere. They've had them a long time though they removed the links and put them back a few times for who knows why over the years, but these files are the ones you'd use for a full install. It's just a large archive with all the installers for the xpacs, main game, and pol.

Hello all. I know there has to be an answer in here somewhere...I was hoping it would be here. I just started playing ffxi in January 2015. I installed from my ps2 disc and entered ffxi code playonline code and zilart code. Since SE is killing support to PS and Xbox next year I decided to go to PC now. A fellow linkshell member told me to download the ultimate collection and install all of it. He said he had an unused code I could use. After checking to make sure I was running well on the PC, I went to my account to enter the code. I got an error that said I had too many codes on my account. After speaking with 2 SE tech guys...just to see if they said the same thing, the answer was that since I put the zilart code in, I now couldn't put the ultimate college tion code in because it also contains the zilart expansion. My options, they said...spend $70 and buy everything individually...or start another POL account so I could use the code...but I would lose my character in the process. Is there any way around this?

I know I'm probably asking this in the wrong place, so please feel free to bash this new guy.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there a way to alter the registry and manually install FFXI with back up files? I've been having some memory errors with my computer, finally broke down and reinstalled fresh. Seems to have fixed most of the problems, no more browser crashing, BSODs, etc. But whenever I try to install FFXI from my Amazon downloads or the POL direct downloads, I get a variety of file broken errors during the install. They seem to constantly be in different sections of the file that the errors are found. Maybe the memory issues aren't fixed yet, but it's the best I can get it for now. :/ I have the full game backed up on an external drive that I can just copy over though, if there's a way to work around a normal install.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by myersjm View Post
    snip
    That's weird. I've bought an ultimate code before purely for the items that came with it and was able to register it just fine with my existing account (which I was using on ps2 at the time). Something tells me you aren't putting in the right page since it's convoluted, but then tech support would have to be stu- yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    snip
    Try what's in here: https://irethesire.wordpress.com/201...i-from-a-copy/
    I remember doing something like this a long time ago. You have to regsvr most of the dlls and such in xi's folder and restore some registry entries so the game knows where crap is. And you memory issues sound like either you hdd or ram are taking a dump if it's causing bluescreens or other oddities. If ram, you should be seeing an awful lot of problems with everything, hdd is more subtle until it shits itself.