1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Creating more jobs from existing classes will quickly make jobs feel pointless and redundant.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Should scrap base classes altogether.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    They more or less acknowledged that the multiple jobs from one class thing wasn't going to work (Yoshi basically said as much in one interview or another when asked about it).

Unless they do a massive revamp of the job/class system with 3.0 I wouldn't expect to see much of it.
    He also said that they'll do something regarding the shared points issue between SCH and SMN for the expansion. That likely means we'll see more of that (see DRK).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Wyverns have no forelegs, duh. Wyrms is a title usually given to large or elder dragons or more snake-like dragons.

Naul = wyvern
    Svara = wyrm
    DRG wyvern pet in XI had fore and hind legs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Which by all accounts makes it a drake and not a wyvern!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

But it was "Call Wyvern"

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Which by all accounts makes it a drake and not a wyvern!
    And it doesnt sing rap

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    He also said that they'll do something regarding the shared points issue between SCH and SMN for the expansion. That likely means we'll see more of that (see DRK).
    Sharing a pittance of allocation points is the least of issues as far as multiple jobs branching from the same class.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Creating more jobs from existing classes will quickly make jobs feel pointless and redundant.
    i think its redundant to create more jobs when you dont break the holy trinity of tank dps healer. you can only offer so many classes/job to those 3 branches, as long as they arent willing to break this formula up its pointless to add alot more jobs.

22 Jobs in FFXI kinda works (to some degree, but the system is olde) because they dont have clearly fixed roles and alot of hybrid classes.

more then 10 jobs in FFXIV is kinda pointless when you dont split the holy trinity of tank DPS healer

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How about a debuff/tank job?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

4 man parties are just too small for a non-Trinity system to work. I mean, 1 Tank/Healer/dps/buffer just seems off for dungeons.

Perhaps in the future they'll make 4-man dungeons into 5/6 man dungeons, and we'll get something like Tank/healer/2xDPS/Buffer. I think the idea of a debuff job in XIV is redundant with how many debuffs are already spread across other jobs.... But i think if they changed 4 man dungeons to 5 man, a buff job could make its way in.

I imagine a buff job would be about as potent a DD as a Tank/healer but with stronger buffs than a BRD would provide.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXIV 3.0 : Heavensward - Expansion Information and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    4 man parties are just too small for a non-Trinity system to work. I mean, 1 Tank/Healer/dps/buffer just seems off for dungeons.

Perhaps in the future they'll make 4-man dungeons into 5/6 man dungeons, and we'll get something like Tank/healer/2xDPS/Buffer. I think the idea of a debuff job in XIV is redundant with how many debuffs are already spread across other jobs.... But i think if they changed 4 man dungeons to 5 man, a buff job could make its way in.

I imagine a buff job would be about as potent a DD as a Tank/healer but with stronger buffs than a BRD would provide.
    why not let more then 4 people in? Like 6. I know dungeons were designed for 4 but letting 2 more wont hurt. I kinda miss the option of regulateing the pt/ally size yourself. you arr basicly forced to go with 4/8/24. freedom of makein your own size group was really nice in 11. allways trying to push it down further if you wanted/didnt have the peeps or letting more join because your casual members logged on.

Also totally expecting a genkai quest for lvl 50+

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Hello adventurer! You will be able to become even stronger if you gather those little colorful stones called atmas!

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I think its pretty badass because I can't remember another game that actually up and displayed the fact that its "main character" can change his role whenever he wants. You can clearly see its "Main War Guy" because you can see the outline of his Bravura under the wraps slung on his shoulder. I was expecting him to change from Drg to Sam whenever the "obligatory Far East expansion" drops, but shit, we've already got nin here and Sam was name dropped, so maybe he'll change into CANNONEER or Berserker next time.
    Don't fuck with my emotions man.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Has Yoshida gone on record about making teh classes I dunno.. more viable? Or are they going to remain a holdover from 1.0 relegated to being solo professions needed only to mega-digivolve into jobs.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    why not let more then 4 people in? Like 6. I know dungeons were designed for 4 but letting 2 more wont hurt. I kinda miss the option of regulateing the pt/ally size yourself. you arr basicly forced to go with 4/8/24. freedom of makein your own size group was really nice in 11. allways trying to push it down further if you wanted/didnt have the peeps or letting more join because your casual members logged on.

Thats what I said D:

That it could work if they changed it to a 5 man party, 6 man I could see too though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Thats what I said D:

That it could work if they changed it to a 5 man party, 6 man I could see too though.

5 man parties would be so much better, especially for wait times. Or best would be 4-6 man parties like Damane said and give players some flexibility.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    I doubt they'll branch off existing ones because they'd automatically be 50 for some people unless they were actually okay with that (doubt it) or did something to prevent that (possible, not sure what though).
    Everyone was immediately LV50 when they released jobs in 1.0. Jobs aren't supposed to directly "level up" by grinding exp; they "level up" by doing quests. Exp is for classes, and only indirectly for jobs.

They could alleviate some of the stagnation/strict rails of this game by making classes true hybrids, but then people might actually use them and OMG ROLE IDENTITY

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    5 man parties would be so much better, especially for wait times. Or best would be 4-6 man parties like Damane said and give players some flexibility.
    I wouldn't hold my breath expecting any kind of meaningful flexibility in XIV anytime soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast