1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 23 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 209 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    This better be the in-flight music.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Go go job announcements in Tokyo

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Machinist (ranged dps) and Astrologian (healer) along with the new race Au Ra!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I thought I might as well make it it's own post. Originally posted here: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._day_1/cn06uep

Sorry for the low quality. Did local recording because timeshift won't be available for another 6 hours.

Au Ra: http://a.pomf.se/ltwexc.webm

Dark Knight: http://a.pomf.se/xqdbbw.webm

Astrologian: http://a.pomf.se/jktuif.webm

Machinist: http://a.pomf.se/numrwy.webm

And I just made another WebM of the mount since I saw someone ask for it

Dragon Mount: http://a.pomf.se/silbza.webm

The Collector's Edition will include a figurine of this mount as well.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...machinist_and/

Didn't catch the show myself but bumped into that from reddit and was hella pumped for DRK. Gave me so many Lufaise memories for some reason.

http://imgur.com/a/5aUCZ

http://imgur.com/a/Ty3zg#0

Edit: Didn't see other thread. GG

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I like it here o. Thank you.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I may have to come back...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

all I wish to do with my Astrologian: Join a DF group and say "I read in my cards.... this Party is doomed" ----> proceed to fail the run! I can ze predict the future!!!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I think Lv 50-60 will be my priority with the story

BG Level

I'm wondering to buy the EXP just for PC or PC + PS4 so here is a question for people who played 2 different devices on XI (exemple PC + PS2)

Exemple that on PS2 you only had XI + Zilart while on PC you had XI + Zilart + COP

1) If you didn't log off in a COP zone on PC, were you still able to log on PS2 and access XI + Zilart zones?
    2) If the answer from question 1 is yes : What happened if you had COP only gear equipped? (Like exemple COP ring when you cleared COP) and logged on PS2

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The expansion is tied to your account, not the version of your game, so the issues you mention are nonexistent.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    The expansion is tied to your account, not the version of your game, so the issues you mention are nonexistent.
    So you mean that if I buy the EXP on PC i'll auto have it on PS4?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I think the bigger issue is that while your account is flagged for the expansion, the version of your game might not have the expansion files to reference.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I think the bigger issue is that while your account is flagged for the expansion, the version of your game might not have the expansion files to reference.
    This is what Ithough, Iirc when SE announced patch files size they had a size for those with EXP and size for those without

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    This is what Ithough, Iirc when SE announced patch files size they had a size for those with EXP and size for those without
    Because if your account doesn't have the expansion, it does not require assets of stuff that is connected to it. As soon as you add the expansion to your account, your client across all platforms will download whatever it needs.
    That's what I believe at least. However, if it's like you think, then in case of zones you will be unable to log in and will have to change on a different platform, but equipment assets are not expansion-locked so for items this doesn't matter.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I'm wondering to buy the EXP just for PC or PC + PS4 so here is a question for people who played 2 different devices on XI (exemple PC + PS2)

Exemple that on PS2 you only had XI + Zilart while on PC you had XI + Zilart + COP

1) If you didn't log off in a COP zone on PC, were you still able to log on PS2 and access XI + Zilart zones?
    2) If the answer from question 1 is yes : What happened if you had COP only gear equipped? (Like exemple COP ring when you cleared COP) and logged on PS2
    1. Yep.
    2. SE (not sure about other devs) preinstall universal data so that way you didn't crash if someone decided to be a dick and wore a new piece of armor from the expansion and walked next to you while you didn't have it. So there's always pre-data installed to make sure you have the bare minimum to not crash. If you logged out in a CoP zone on PC then loaded up the PS2 version you would be automatically teleported to your home point or..well crash out due to no zone data haha. (Depends on the era of XI you played, they updated it so you automatically moved to your HP at some point.)

So in reality, yeah you would need to buy the expansion for all platforms you chose to play - or because it is now a digital era, you likely are flagged to download it for free from your SE account or a website similar to what they allowed 1.0 players (or really anyone) to do with XIV ARR's client.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Still possible SE will require you to buy the expansion for each platform you want to play your account on. Right now, don't you need to buy FFXIV for each platform so it gets attached to the account? For example, I have a PS4 and a PC but I bought and installed FFXIV only on my PC. If I were to install FFXIV on the PS4 using a friend's discs, I still wouldn't be able to play on it because I never applied the code from a new copy that flags my account as being able to play on a PS4. Or am I mistaken with how it works? I just know it was different than how it was for FFXI.

BG Level

Your mistaken because the PS4 game comes with a code that you need to register on your account

You need that on Mog station to be able to log in on PS4

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Like I said, if I used someone else's discs to install the game, I wouldn't have the code to begin with.

BG Level

Right so you wouldnt be able to play until you get a code

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I think you guys managed to mangle it together but basically (having both PS2 and PC):

In FFXI, if you bought *any* expansion pack, you could use it anywhere. You still needed to get the data though, and POL wouldn't install it for you automatically.

If you installed the data but weren't licensed for the expansion on your character (example - didn't buy COP), you could still log in, but if you tried to zone into Bibiki Bay, you would receive an error message telling you that you weren't authorized to enter or some shit. It was a classic problem around XPAC time, where people would install but forget to register the Content ID, and so they wouldn't be able to enter the new areas until they logged out, punched in the code, and then logged in.