1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 31 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 209 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's entirely possible, though the "magitek" claw mob we've got in the game now seems like a different type of critter entirely (though it DOES appear to have a face, I never noticed that before). The Death Claws from FF3 are definitely what I was thinking of- one of those total asshole mobs that kept splitting into multiple copies unless you used a dark knight to attack them (or did something else inconvenient). They didn't show up in any of the three Crystal Tower related dungeons in 3, but that still might have been Square's initial intent here.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan_Kujata View Post
    That's entirely possible, though the "magitek" claw mob we've got in the game now seems like a different type of critter entirely (though it DOES appear to have a face, I never noticed that before). The Death Claws from FF3 are definitely what I was thinking of- one of those total asshole mobs that kept splitting into multiple copies unless you used a dark knight to attack them (or did something else inconvenient). They didn't show up in any of the three Crystal Tower related dungeons in 3, but that still might have been Square's initial intent here.
    Iirc yoshi said at one point it was supposed to be a mob on 'the big bridge', kind of a throwback to FFV as well, since that's where your blue mages learned that awesome skill.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah those fuckers used the hell out of Death Claw in FFV. Painful.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just posting here as were likely to hear something from PAX tomorrow

Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida will be hosting an hour-long panel at PAX East in the Albatross Theatre that touches on what’s been announced on Heavensward so far and also dives into some interesting details on—well, you’ll have to find out! If you can’t make it to PAX East, don’t worry! The panel will be streamed live for adventurers around the globe on two different Twitch channels:

The official FINAL FANTASY XIV Twitch channel (http://sqex.to/htj)
    PAX East Twitch channel (http://sqex.to/TLA)

You won’t want to miss out on this panel, so be sure to tune in!

Read on for full details on what’s taking place at PAX East.
    (http://sqex.to/QfX)

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

With any hope they'll announce Blue Mage and then talk about Au Ra and the other new jobs.

:kappa:

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Thinking video of the new dungeon area's... some combat with the new classes, a blue mage trolling panel.

Thinking they'll be showing off a bit of the FC factory airship/ship building stuff too. Thinking it'll be like the ixtal quest where you build their ballon ship where people turn in a daily quota and the design.. changes.

Also, they will probably talk a bit about the next patch, taking bets it'll be a progression via server questing/fighting hub that progresses events/changes the area and takes a good month+ via server work to finish.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Just posting here as were likely to hear something from PAX tomorrow

Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida will be hosting an hour-long panel at PAX East in the Albatross Theatre that touches on what’s been announced on Heavensward so far and also dives into some interesting details on—well, you’ll have to find out! If you can’t make it to PAX East, don’t worry! The panel will be streamed live for adventurers around the globe on two different Twitch channels:

The official FINAL FANTASY XIV Twitch channel (http://sqex.to/htj)
    PAX East Twitch channel (http://sqex.to/TLA)

You won’t want to miss out on this panel, so be sure to tune in!

Read on for full details on what’s taking place at PAX East.
    (http://sqex.to/QfX)
    I'm hoping I can catch this tomorrow at pax, but don't think I can get there by noon.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

just want a release date

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Also, they will probably talk a bit about the next patch, taking bets it'll be a progression via server questing/fighting hub that progresses events/changes the area and takes a good month+ via server work to finish.
    They called that new content "The Battle of/at Ishgard" or "Ishgard Battle". I can only imagine it will be controlled open world content that's a lot like the Garlean Battles at the end of 1.23. If nothing else, it will be a big event that not only ties A Realm Reborn to HEAVENSWARD, but will also be some form of distracting content for March, April, and May (which should be the expansion release month).

Am I seeing this right? 3 people on this mount?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I wouldn't exactly call Miqo'te people.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I wouldn't address a lala by that either.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope they actually talk about older jobs as well. I wanna know their plans for the expansion especially for SCH and SMN considering the issues they seem to be having with balance.

Fingers crossed that they plan to do away with classes once and for all, new jobs not having them is certainly worth noting.

Missed the opportunity going from 1.0->2.0, this is their chance.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm hoping for a stat overhaul. Remove DET since it's basically mini main stat and add interesting stats to make gearing up fun. Hopefully with interested job specific bonuses on gear, like Foresight effect doubled or something.

Yoshi already said SS was getting reworked so I'm hopeful.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They could do it at any point in time, nothing really holding them back. But an expansion is usually the best time to take advantage of any big changes anyone would want to make to any title.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They could help some of the whm/sch balance issues too by gear effects. For instance a piece of gear that extended shroud of saints time would be pretty cool. I would probably still need to have VIT on it since HP is tied to it. But I'd give up some MND or Piety for an effect like that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    They could help some of the whm/sch balance issues too by gear effects. For instance a piece of gear that extended shroud of saints time would be pretty cool. I would probably still need to have VIT on it since HP is tied to it. But I'd give up some MND or Piety for an effect like that.
    Realistically they just need to reimplement effects from 1.x era armor and bring back actual secondary stats. Heck even on relics some effects were why you'd really go after it aside the initial stat boost, like boosted Jump Damage, extended songs etc. However to make Astrologian relevant they'll probably give them skills that mimic those kind of effects in order to avoid the "must have this gear" mentality Yoshida supposedly wants to avoid.

I'd much rather have materia that did shit like that since the materia we have now is...crap. Or at least really boring and unworthy of being called materia.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Realistically they just need to reimplement effects from 1.x era armor and bring back actual secondary stats. Heck even on relics some effects were why you'd really go after it aside the initial stat boost, like boosted Jump Damage, extended songs etc. However to make Astrologian relevant they'll probably give them skills that mimic those kind of effects in order to avoid the "must have this gear" mentality Yoshida supposedly wants to avoid.
    I really liked that in 1.23 but yeah the way Yoshi spoke about this killed all my excitement. Basically what he said is that if they implement gear like that they dev team will need to assume everyone has it for tuning the encounters. So basically it will say gear has X stat but what does that matter when everyone else has it? When they tune those fights they calculate what type of damage a party can put out with given gear and tune the boss hp and stuff around it and it makes the system so boring and restraining. I've been playing Diablo 3 again and makes me wish it would be more like that where I was running highest difficulty with 3 other Demon Hunters and we all had different build. You need to meet certain damage output but you can have multiple paths there.