1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn News and Information(Discussion)

There has been a major lack of a thread to actually openly talk about any news, information, and teases without getting posts nuked so.. I'll give this a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    A week from now? Bit ambitious I'd say. 28th seems more likely.
    Given the GoTY version is coming out on Nov17th, and they need the content to be able to produce said disks, finished and ready to distribute they need about 2 weeks of production time to fill a healthy supply. 21st seems pretty logical giving them plenty of time to fill a huge supply between then and distribution, take into time the collectors edition(if going to be in any retail) needs to be shipped out as well to place of purchase, further supporting that date. -- I know no discussion but we don't have a discussion thread for all of this :/.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

SE could easily include the new content on disk and then have a small download for players to patch the rest of the files when they install on the 17th. Also, two weeks is a short time for production and distribution. I find it more likely that they've already begun producing the boxes and will begin shipping them to retailers within the next couple weeks.

Therefore I wouldn't assume the release date of a retail box to be an indication of when 2.4 will release other than before nov. 17th

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They likely started the GoTY edition as soon as they were awarded the award.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth
    A week from now? Bit ambitious I'd say. 28th seems more likely.
    Not really as ambitious as one would think.

21st should be fine on the basis that a Fan Fest has already happened and people have gotten excited about whatever remaining information is given concerning 2.4. They can push the patch and free up more time to talk about other new things for the single day of EU Fan Festing.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I only think 21st because everyone would be riding the high off of fan fest to lead into it, and it would pan out the best. An extra week beyond that wouldn't really take away from it but it would be a pretty terribly slow week after teasing everyone with a bunch of information.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I just think they'd give us more than a few days notice of the patch date. I'm sure they announced 2.3's date like a month in advance. But it's also evident that they're holding back quite a bit due to fanfest.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So bye bye myth tomestones... I will miss thee!

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I think next Tuesday is quite likely for 2.4. That way they can spam the NA Fanfest with 2.4 stuff. They may have a surprise for us for 2.4 (which would be nice). Are we expecting the Golden Saucer yet?

My personal thoughts are it will be 2.4 promo at Fanfest and then the update next week. Also the first teasers for the expansion may come in Vegas and then more expansion stuff in London.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Actually it'll be nice if 2.4 is next week. That way I don't need to compete with other fan-goers in London to try the job haha, frees up one activity.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I hope thye finally remove philo from showing in the currency tab lol

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Myth is going to be the new "philo" outdated currency tab

anticipating patch on the 21st, so going to cap myth I guess this week. I still need to finish about 7 more supra tools... (well technically 5 because gathering isn't too much a priority...)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

2.4 is obviously going to be 28th

and then tokyo will have expansion info

standard squareenix scheduling

impossible to have fanfest + 2.4 on same week. dont even dream about it

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Either way, I don't understand why the don't give their players a date for future patches at least a month or two in advance... Would be nice so that the players who are under heavy workload could request a day or two off around launch time to get some time into the new patch. I know a day or two isn't enough time to even scratch the surface of the content, but still get to enjoy that new car smell for a day or two.

I'm guessing 28th

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    so that the players who are under heavy workload could request a day or two off around launch time to get some time into the new patch.
    Probably because when they inevitably fuck it up and don't make their date, people will be even more pissed off. "I fucking took those days off!"

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Probably because when they inevitably fuck it up and don't make their date, people will be even more pissed off. "I fucking took those days off!"
    Valid point

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope the myth mats don't get the huge 'fuck you' for obtaining that philo mats did when they ditched philo. I'd rather we just buy them with unlocked soldiery instead, but that's too good for SE.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Myth mats have doubled in price already on Balmung. People are either stocking up, or in general the amount of server-wide myth gain is going down (because people have run out of interesting things to do, nexus grind has slowed down, etc). I still have a fair number of them, but of course, now I'm disappointed that I didn't buy more.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I just hope it's not 45 of each mat. That was the worst part of it. If it's like 20-25 then I'm fine w/that

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I've got about 200k worth of GC seals I can obtain from gear and 1.0 items if they add myth mats there and price is decent. Don't expect price to rise that much as there will be many more like me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Its gotta be this. Companies work up to the eleventeenth hour making sure everything is as clean as possible, and bugs get discovered all the time. You can't commit to such a unstable thing as a major content update so far in advance unless the shit's already done by the time you make that committal and you're just withholding it for X or Y reason.

Better to say nothing at all than to put your foot in your mouth because you gave the players even more unrealistic expectations in attempt to placate them initially.

We know the update is coming. We know its coming in October. We know there will be Ninjas. Sit on your hands until then.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Likely added to new dungeons and possibly hunt merchant. They are also already obtainable through the Ixtal (which you can get 6x/day from) so they won't be as annoying to come by as philo mats when 2.2 came.