1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

here's to hoping the succubus ladies with what looks like tiny nipple covers makes it in game. (the black winged one looks nice too)

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The kreygasm was real. I was kinda speculating that we would see Tiamat show up before Shinryu.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For some reason Sage Sundi was the first thing to come to mind when seeing this

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    here's to hoping the succubus ladies with what looks like tiny nipple covers makes it in game. (the black winged one looks nice too)
    ^ YES!

*FIXED IMAGE

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

That lala looks freakin amazing. Find a way to get her in the game, SE. That's one hell of a concept art.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's always been an annoyance of mine. We have 5 races. Only one race of undead. Lets see some Lalafell, Roegadyn, Elzen, Miqote skeletons and zombies.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I feel like that's why they always make the base game having nothing to do with anyone but human characters: if they save the future expansions for non-human lands, they don't have to make all of the assets for shit like that until we reach those expansions.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I've only recently switched to XIV. But is the 24 hour maintenance a usual thing for big patches?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Scrynth View Post
    I've only recently switched to XIV. But is the 24 hour maintenance a usual thing for big patches?
    Nope. They've explained in the note the reasons for this.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scrynth View Post
    Not only will Patch 2.4 implement the addition of the new Rogue class and the new Ninja job, but also a large increase to the number of plots of housing land. Accordingly, data-handling capacity will need to be increased, and for this reason, we will be conducting database optimization with this maintenance in order to aid in load reduction and increase data processing speed.

Database optimization will require time. In addition, because these are vital servers that house our players’ precious data, extra care and precaution must be taken. As a result, this will be a prolonged maintenance lasting 24 hours. We ask for your patience and cooperation during this process, and apologize for any inconvenience.
    If you're at work or something and unable to see their reason for this here you. Although this is probably the last place I would come to visit on a work computer or network.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Nope. They've explained in the note the reasons for this.
    it's not the first time it happened though, didn't they do the same for 2.2?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    it's not the first time it happened though, didn't they do the same for 2.2?
    Yeah, and at that time the excuse was:

This maintenance will introduce a new structure to the instance system that automatically adjusts the number of available instances according to the level of congestion. Until now, depending on the time of day, the number of players would become concentrated in certain content, maxing out the number of available instances, resulting in extended waiting times for players despite having a full party. With the implementation of this new system, more players than ever before will be able to participate simultaneously in the same content.

Because the implementation of this new structure will require a modification to the very core of the instance system, much time will be needed for checks and verifications before going live, which is the reason for the extended length of this maintenance.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I had seen the note. I was just wondering if there was a precedent for longer maintenances with major patches.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nope, as said below, it's not a common thing.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Nope, as said below, it's not a common thing.
    but if you consider major patches the ones where iLv goes up, new raid tier and tomes are introduced, we would be 2/2 on longer maintenance. even numbered patches have felt bigger to me than odd ones and this is unlikely to change with the expansion.