1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Whoaaaa... "Players who select Withdraw from the Duty Ready confirmation window or allow the window to time out without making a selection three times or more in one day, will be temporarily prohibited from registering for duties via the Duty Finder. This count will reset every day at 9:00 a.m. (PDT)."

I guess don't walk away from your machine or register for a duty while waiting for a FATE or Hunt to pop?

You get 3 strikes, seems fine to me.

I will drink the tears with pleasure.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It could just be that the counter resets if you have 1 or 2 strikes then. It might be that afte 3 strikes you get a 30 min cd or something depending on how you interpret it.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    It could just be that the counter resets if you have 1 or 2 strikes then. It might be that afte 3 strikes you get a 30 min cd or something depending on how you interpret it.
    I'm willing to believe it's a full RL day lockout.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Rereading that section, your 3 strikes reset, not that you are locked out completely for a whole day.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Rereading that section, your 3 strikes reset, not that you are locked out completely for a whole day.

Yeah but what happen if you use your 3 strikes, so i'm thinking at the 4th strike you're locked from using DF till the next day

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

3 strikes probably locks you out from using DF for 30 mins like when you drop a dungeon. If you do it again, probably another 30 min penalty.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I guess that could work, need someone to test it!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    3 strikes probably locks you out from using DF for 30 mins like when you drop a dungeon. If you do it again, probably another 30 min penalty.
    This is how I read it.

Still retarded when all they had to do was add an increasing delay to requeue in DF (1/3/5 minutes) which would have solved the problem.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Doesnt front lines queue progresses regardless of how many people withdraw? And then when zoned in, it's rapidly filled in? I would've thought that system would work for duty finder.

Don't really see what that would accomplish.

Either you enter the instance with a partial group and have to wait for in-progress people to join

or

you don't enter the instance and the DF tries to reform the party as per normal (and isn't restricted to the pool of people that check in-progress).

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Doesnt front lines queue progresses regardless of how many people withdraw?
    Yes. Sorry to the groups that were missing two whole parties during my FL self-made ally shenanigans.
    And then when zoned in, it's rapidly filled in?
    It didn't because of the 2min starting wait where it wouldn't auto-seek new folks, which is getting addressed in 2.4.

I would've thought that system would work for duty finder.
    No one joins 0/X inprogress, so if tank just bails when the queue pops, it's as good as a dead run. It sorta works in FL because job composition is a bit more free-form and you can change jobs when not engaged in combat in there.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    No one joins 0/X inprogress, so if tank just bails when the queue pops, it's as good as a dead run.
    Is there a background mechanic that takes place here?

I ask because (being too dumb to realize nobody would do what you just said) I actually got an in-progress replacement at 0/3 in Pharos.

Pharos. Seriously.

So either we got really fucking lucky, or there was some DF hijinx that slotted someone in as a replacement.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Is there a background mechanic that takes place here?

I ask because (being too dumb to realize nobody would do what you just said) I actually got an in-progress replacement at 0/3 in Pharos.

Pharos. Seriously.

So either we got really fucking lucky, or there was some DF hijinx that slotted someone in as a replacement.
    Probably someone doing DFR High queue with in-progress checked?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

They could always be like "other MMO" that doesn't give you the option. You queue, and you either take what it gives you or suck it. I like the idea of being able to select in progress, but being able to see if the dungeon you're getting is actually in progress or not tends to lead to people fishing. Well, at least until now anyways.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7