Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Announcing the November Version Update! (10/24/2014)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...3228/13228.jpg

The next version update is scheduled to hit the servers in early November!

This update is packed to the brim with content for every type of player, with top billing going to the thrilling conclusion to the Seekers of Adoulin missions! What fate awaits the sacred city during this unprecedented moment of crisis?

If you find communal activities to be more to your liking, you'll want to take a look at the new Unity Concord system and the ability to hire an NPC to distribute linkpearls for you. Also hot off the presses are new rankings for Monster Rearing and some additional job adjustments.

Get your hard hats ready!

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finally an update on this! The first pic is strange. Is that an existing spider/ diremite model in Woh Gates?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Filled to the brim with content for every type of player?

All I see is new missions and random shit no one cares about. New linkshells or whatever that crap ends up being isn't really "content"...

Looks like a fail update with no content to me. Where's the reforged empy gear already?

(Maybe I'll start doing missions now. Been holding off since it looks like you choose your final reward early on, and it upgrades as you go along. That's cool and all, but I'm not picking without knowing what the final stats are, cause god knows how long it will take them to implement it so you can choose a new one.)

Community-related adjustments may not be real content, but personally I think it may be the most important thing they've done for months, but it's hard to have faith in how effective it will be, if only because of how XI is designed. We'll see though.

As far as I know Woh Gates does not have Diremites in it (that's the Diremite with the hat they added back in Heroes of Abyssea), so maybe it's Skirmish related or something? The Middle Image is from Missions of course, and the right is probably one of the job adjustments (jug in this case).

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Oooh finally! That second mob looks Cool

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh and before people start white knighting SE, I don't mind the "lack" of content, we are getting an update every month after all. I just find their description of how content filled the patch is going to be hilarious.

Would be nice if we would at least get a "major" update once every few months though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Empy gear revamp where?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Oh and before people start white knighting SE, I don't mind the "lack" of content, we are getting an update every month after all. I just find their description of how content filled the patch is going to be hilarious.

Would be nice if we would at least get a "major" update once every few months though.
    They haven't said what is all in this update.... How do you know what all the content is?

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    Empy gear revamp where?
    At this point it's pretty clear that it's not happening until a major patch (and increased ilevel) comes out =/

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helldemon Ffxi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Siren

(Maybe I'll start doing missions now. Been holding off since it looks like you choose your final reward early on, and it upgrades as you go along. That's cool and all, but I'm not picking without knowing what the final stats are, cause god knows how long it will take them to implement it so you can choose a new one.)
    From what I remember reading it doesn't work that way. You just get to pick anyone of the three when you get to the mission. You had to turn in the NQ a few missions before you got the +1. I can't confirm because I'm on the BC fight still in rala.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah I always wondered what happened to people who trashed the NQ version on that mission where it asks you to trade back the NQ one lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You're able to choose the item you'd like every step of the way, actually. I.E. start out with mage piece, get to the upgrade CS, allows you to get upgraded melee piece instead, etc.

Pretty neat system

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    You're able to choose the item you'd like every step of the way, actually. I.E. start out with mage piece, get to the upgrade CS, allows you to get upgraded melee piece instead, etc.

Pretty neat system
    Cool, did not know that. I might actually go out and do some missions now, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    They haven't said what is all in this update.... How do you know what all the content is?
    Because when you go back and look at the past few months, they always release a "teaser" like this that contains all of the "main" content of the patch. Go look yourself.

edit: Here, let me save you the trouble.

September:
    The next version update will come romping into Vana'diel in early September.

Join the stampede with Incursion, new battle content pitting the fittest adventurers against hordes of Velkk, and Walk of Echoes content for high item level characters.

Also trampling the competition are a multitude of job adjustments, a fresh revamp of the Gobbie Mystery Box, the addition of a new monster family to Monster Rearing, and much, much more!

* Some previously announced features, including a Wings of the Goddess-related story; secondary linkshell features; and expansion of equipment sets have been postponed pending further adjustments.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44090
    Mystery box, Incursion, Walk of Echoes, (CP from BC's not listed above), job adjustments

October:
    Brace yourselves, for the next version update is scheduled for early October!

Taking center stage are a new Wings of the Goddess-related quest and high-tier battlefields starring your favorite avatars!

The accompanying cast includes an expansion of the equipment sets feature, various job adjustments, and the ability to store stones obtained from alluvion skirmishes!

Get ready for fun this October!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update
    WOTG quest, high tier avatars, job adjustments, and a bunch of random shit.

And here we have november:
    The next version update is scheduled to hit the servers in early November!

This update is packed to the brim with content for every type of player, with top billing going to the thrilling conclusion to the Seekers of Adoulin missions! What fate awaits the sacred city during this unprecedented moment of crisis?

If you find communal activities to be more to your liking, you'll want to take a look at the new Unity Concord system and the ability to hire an NPC to distribute linkpearls for you. Also hot off the presses are new rankings for Monster Rearing and some additional job adjustments.

Get your hard hats ready!
    End of missions, new linkshell stuff, monster rearing, more job adjustments. Yeah, this update is really packed. I'd say there's easily less content here than the previous updates, which makes their description even more hilarious.

Ah well, looking forward to doing all my missions back-to-back!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    Empy gear revamp where?
    Holding out because they know the sets will be very powerful and will probably have nothing unique to offer once it's been released that would actually change a lot of how players use gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    At this point it's pretty clear that it's not happening until a major patch (and increased ilevel) comes out =/
    EXTREMELY doubt the iLv raise anytime soon.
    Especially now given that Ochain = ~120ish.
    Raising iLv without increasing Ochain screws over PLD...

It's more likely that empy sets are gonna happen with this "we gonna add something to make HMP etc more available" thing they're thinking of...
    Because watch: HMP will be the 200 things needed for NQ=>109... Or maybe colorless souls...

Though in all honesty, they're probably having issues with the whole set bonus thing (cause it ruins the vision of the 75era) as well as the power of certain pieces and what should be added to where and how much of it... And that's not even taking into account RUN and GEO's fake!empy sets...
    Also: Christmas. Japan loves Christmas. And I have no idea why.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    EXTREMELY doubt the iLv raise anytime soon.
    Especially now given that Ochain = ~120ish.
    Raising iLv without increasing Ochain screws over PLD...
    They stated Ochain is around ilevel 150.
    Priwen is better than ochain IF you can keep reprisal up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by geno3302 View Post
    They stated Ochain is around ilevel 150..
    They are wrong. At best it has approximately the block rate you might expect of an ilvl 150ish shield iirc. But the amount of dmg blocked is more like a 130ish shield... and then there is the fact that there is no way a 119 ilvl should even conditionally beat a 150 ilvl.

Also take it from this perspective pld is good because it blocks physical and sometimes for aegis. Against a 126 normal mob it's already down to 70% block rate. If they raise ilvl they will most certainly raise mob level so that block rate is just going to get worse so why bring pld for physical when it barely can keep itself alive better than any DD?

Also look at aegis. Right now against 126 mobs it has a block rate under 10%. Raising level without fixing it will basically make it not block at all.... the whole reason why aegis was preferred to RUN at least on single element dmg was due to it being better at physical dmg reduction at the same time as magic but with Aegis's current block rate and RUN ergon that's no longer true and will be even less so as time moves on.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Also look at aegis. Right now against 126 mobs it has a block rate under 10%. Raising level without fixing it will basically make it not block at all.... the whole reason why aegis was preferred to RUN at least on single element dmg was due to it being better at physical dmg reduction at the same time as magic but with Aegis's current block rate and RUN ergon that's no longer true and will be even less so as time moves on.
    That sounds like a pretty good argument for SE raising the ilvl. Who uses RUN for anything?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Exactly what I was thinking. Leaving Aegis and Ochain behind would do wonders to improve the lopsided balancing act they've got going on between the tanks. I mean reducing Aegis PLD to essentially not wearing a shield but immune to magic via iL increase is tantamount to a nerf, but as a career PLD, I really wouldn't mind for fairness sake

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    That sounds like a pretty good argument for SE raising the ilvl. Who uses RUN for anything?
    Not sure if you read that right. RUN already is capable of better physical defense than aegis pld.... while having better enmity tools and DDing capability. If people aren't using RUN now further lopsiding it wont change much. Hell how many people use pld for aegis now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast