1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    i am talking about wolves den matchmaking. not shitlines.
    Even if they did you'd just be sitting in the queue because no one does Wolve's Den.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not sure if skill speed is a good idea on Ninja. You have to use three Mudras and Ninjutsu with no weapon skills inbetween and having a shorter GCD isn't gonna help with that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Not sure if skill speed is a good idea on Ninja. You have to use three Mudras and Ninjutsu with no weapon skills inbetween and having a shorter GCD isn't gonna help with that.
    Yeah, seems like Det/Crit is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Yeah, seems like Det/Crit is the way to go
    Thnx all for the suiton explanation.

Side note; In my server, skill speed materias 4 price rocketed over 100k each now. I still firmly believe Det>crit>acc for nin nexus stats.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

one of the biggest reasons people don't do den anymore is specifically because of matchmaking. waiting 3 hours to play 2 minute matches basically ensures nobody will ever want to bother trying it for the first time, let alone more. you can't cultivate a following for a niche by driving its accessibility into the ground.

if they gave it some air to breathe and grow a lot of people would come back.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

one of the biggest reasons people don't do den anymore is specifically because of matchmaking. waiting 3 hours to play 2 minute matches basically ensures nobody will ever want to bother trying it for the first time, let alone more. you can't cultivate a following for a niche by driving its accessibility into the ground.

if they gave it some air to breathe and grow a lot of people would come back.
    Ya. They said they are going to to do more ajustments for pvp in 2.5 but thats too far away from now.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

one of the biggest reasons people don't do den anymore is specifically because of matchmaking. waiting 3 hours to play 2 minute matches basically ensures nobody will ever want to bother trying it for the first time, let alone more.
    How can matchmaking solve the problem of non-existent participants? Unless you're talking about something like PvP Roulette, where people queue up and are dropped randomly into either Frontlines or Wolves' Den.

In any case, you are getting some of what you're asking for, even if it doesn't seem immediately apparent. A major roadblock towards participating in WD (which they addressed in FL at its release) is the fact that if you join without Morale gear, you're going to get curbstomped pretty easily by the lifers with full PvP gear (gear which is also mostly useless in FL).

Now that Morale is just iLVL adjustment, more PvPers can join WD and only have to worry about iLVL. That should help a bit with participation.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

If the Shiva accessory is a ring it will be useful for a while, unless you get lucky and get your Final Coil ring quickly. The content is still going to be outdated quite quickly however. If I want a 110 weapon for one of my jobs I can just use soldiery, which will be raining down on us.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You all are all talking about Ninja, and I'm over here hoping I can dye Koenig to look like this:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._Plate_Set.jpg

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

*New equipment is available from the Maelstrom traders outside the Wolves’ Den, which can be purchased using Wolf Marks.

Batliege Osode Body 12,375
    Batliege Osode
    Osode
    Kirin confirmed dead :kappa:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The following items, which reset players’ desynthesis skill levels upon use, have been added:

Carpentry for Beginners / Blacksmithing for Beginners / Armoring for Beginners / Goldsmithing for Beginners / Leatherworking for Beginners / Weaving for Beginners / Alchemy for Beginners / Cooking for Beginners

At first glance, I hope this implies what I think it implies: no more desynthesis skill decreases.

Desynthesizing seafood will now yield Allagan coins instead of demimateria.

Since FSH could never independently acquire useful demimateria via dCUL, this must mean that clear demimateria are about to become useful for something. /s

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    This makes me so happy for things like ST. A bit late but very welcome.
    There will be new STs in the years to come, and we will all remember this. Well done, SE.

Also, that Storm's Eye buff is pretty significant. Now War doesn't have to completely ignore fracture in fear of having eye fall off right as a Butcher's is up.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    If the Shiva accessory is a ring it will be useful for a while, unless you get lucky and get your Final Coil ring quickly.
    They're wrist accessories.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Looking strongly like the i110 crafted stuff will need i90 allagan desynths. Better late than never but use for desynthers that aren't GSM.

Thing I'm most pumped about is the tuxedo not being locked to males. Dress still locked to females though. Gender inequality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Also, that Storm's Eye buff is pretty significant. Now War doesn't have to completely ignore fracture in fear of having eye fall off right as a Butcher's is up.
    I was kind of looking at it the other way around; NIN with a WAR in the party doesn't have to do NINstormseye and can just do the 60pot-better combo ender instead.

Edit: Derp you mean the duration buff. Which is still good.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/528...d9f98cc_30.png

ironworks gear lookin' tron as hell.

Bland as hell*

7 gear sets, 3 colors.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Presumably dyeable at least. Digging the caster? helmet though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    LThing I'm most pumped about is the tuxedo not being locked to males. Dress still locked to females though. Gender inequality.
    Counterpoint: players of both genders can get in the kitchen and make me bacon bread.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looks better than soldiery gear tbh. And you'll be able to dye the Augmented versions most likely.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I was kind of looking at it the other way around; NIN with a WAR in the party doesn't have to do NINstormseye and can just do the 60pot-better combo ender instead.

Edit: Derp you mean the duration buff. Which is still good.
    Yeah, I'm a career War, so blinders on about the Nin stuff. If Nin DPS is good enough I won't hesistate to fulltime Eye for them so they can squeeze more out, but having to ignore Fracture as a War was fucking annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast