Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Healing breath formula and/or pteroslaver armet multiplier?

The only HB formula I could find (http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108...th#post5357018) doesn't appear to be accurate any more. Testing as a naked 99 drg with no wyvern HP job points vs just lancer's torque I get 365 vs 393 healed. No wyvern HP fits those numbers and that formula. Has anyone figured out either what the formula is now, or what the multipliers on the 109 and 119 relic hats are?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If the formula hasn't changed it implies wyvern HP at 99 (I'm assuming naked meant no ilvl polearm) is 1562. lancer's torque is supposedly 5/256 bonus but if you plug that into the formula you get 395 HP healed. Just to double check, you didn't use spirit link and had no weapon equipped, correct? I don't remember wyvern base HP being boosted besides with item lvls or empathy but I might have forgotten an update. And 1562 HP lines up with 1 merit empathy, or 200 exp.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quoting myself from that thread
    HB IV is base 60 with mult 53/256.
    Under the particular post you linked is the line
    HP Recovered = [[(Wyvern HP)*(Breath Multiplier)] + 42]
    , which is wrong for healing breath IV.

The 42 should be 60 (the base above.)

A level 99 wyvern has 1494 hp, the multiplier for HB IV is 42, to which you add 5 for Lancer's Torque giving an HP multiplier of 47/256.

1494*47/256 + 60 = 393, which is the value you said you got, no?

As for 109 and 119 helmets, they are something in the range of 48/256 and 58/256, though I seem to have misplaced my actual numbers. (It's a /256 value that comes out close to .19 and .23 respectively).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ok, +60 works, and NQ is 49/256. So, where did the 66% and 95% numbers come from for relic and relic+2?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    Ok, +60 works, and NQ is 49/256. So, where did the 66% and 95% numbers come from for relic and relic+2?
    Well, the wyrm armet+2 page on BG wiki references this post.

I'd tend to think the % values should be removed from the wiki, and the proper modifier change be added. Preferably with a link to the HB formula. I mean, it might equate to around that value gains, but that's not actually directly what it does.

But first we'd actually need a healing breath page on the wiki... Oh. You added one. Thank you. /salute. Might get the known wyvern HP values on there too. Or on a dragoon wyvern page.

Speaking of which... Does anyone know the 119 and 119+5/5 parameter bonus wyvern HP values? I have some approximations based on the HB formula(and looking back , i used +42 for those too, so they'd all be wrong. -.-; ), but no hard numbers. Might go get some if none are known.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yeah I did those tests a long time ago with Yugl. We assumed that healing breaths, being a breath, had the same formula as other breaths. At the time of those tests, other breaths such as Flying Hip Press, Heat Breath, Poison breath etc were simple Max HP * some coefficient, like 0.33 or 0.5. We didn't know they were X/256. At the time, the values we came up with for the models were seemingly accurate and relatively predictive.

Also i was pretty sure parameter boost didnt boost HP but rather increase breath potency. I feel like Yugl and I tested it back in 2012 on the diremite boss in Ulegurand and found that parameter boost didn't affect HP. I was fixing to do some base dmg tests with Motenten for parameter boots but I think he bailed when he found out that there's really no test possible for it, pet fstr doesnt cap so our data was invalidated.
    119 adds +10% HP as well, although that's evident. Then they increased DRG's HP growth which also affected wyverns since they're DRG too. It shouldn't be a difficult thing to test, with Tarsal Slam.