Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Plus doesn't the military supply you with those little nylon caps like in the NFL so your cornrows don't get messed up when wearing a helmet?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    One of my good friends from high-school was thining by the time he was 19. Said fuck it and just started shaving. BBC(bald by choice not... the other acronym) IS BEAUTIFUL!
    This is the appropriate response. I used to have long hair, but when I started losing it, I started shaving it and have been doing so for five years now. I miss it from time to time, but I've come to terms with having a shaved head.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    lol, weird i had a dream i was balding just this morning.. like i was outside of my body in the dream looking @ the top of my head somehow. But yea im not bald or balding, father isnt either. Think im good fro 4 lyfe

One of my good friends from high-school was thining by the time he was 19. Said fuck it and just started shaving. BBC(bald by choice not... the other acronym) IS BEAUTIFUL!
    lol, you like big black cock

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Been losing my hair slowly since my early twenties. Now at 32 my hair is about halfway back on my head. I never got the island thing on the back of my head though. I do keep my hair shaved very short now. No guard on the clippers short but I haven't resorted to a razor to shave it yet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I used to have really thick, wavy hair myself. However it started thinning at around 19-20. At around 25 or 26 it really started to pick up. For a while, I kept it super short until one day I just said "fuck it" and shaved it all off once and for all. That was almost 4 years ago, and I don't miss having hair one bit.

I wanted to do it for years, but my mom didn't want me doing it.

The only downside is it gets oily as hell up there since it has nowhere else to go.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    byrd what are you doing on the 1 day youre not showering, lol, i must know
    Probably watching football and playing video games on my couch. I don't always shower on the weekends if I don't go out. I also have the body hair and odor glands of a 12-year old girl, so I don't collect a lot of stink.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Getting bald is a thing of the past:

Women will love you once again!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

go the vin diesel route

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ive got the II on the front and thinning on the crown(which I find to be the worst). Started after college, which I'm pretty sure was stress induced more than anything. The last year or so has been less stressful and I have noticed it in my hair. I used to go months between haircuts, now I like to get them every month at least. I do not plan to be the person trying to hold on to a hairstyle I had in high school because long hair really makes it look worse. Look into an oxford, high and tight, or a high fade. The more hair that you have lost the shorter you want to go imo, shorter hair gives it a fuller appearance. If mine starts getting worse I'll probably go with a Jason Statham style.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    I've worn my hair long my whole life (since I was like 6)
    Wow really? Now I'm picturing you like Joseph Gordon-Levitt in 3rd Rock from the Sun.

I'm 33 years old, no hair loss yet but greying a little bit. My maternal grandfather had all his hair into his 80s so I think I'm solid. If I develop a receding hair line or the monk spot I'd probably do a combover until it looked too hurting and then just Bruce Willis it.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thinning a little bit and I'm 36. Beard is starting to get a noticeable amount of grey and white hairs among the ginger. Yes. I am a brown haired man with a strangely ginger beard.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My family does not have a single bald head, great grandfather still has thick hair as well, 92 years old. Small amount of receding hairline but hardly noticeable.

Anyway enough about me lets talk about genetics. Going to pick a small portion from the middle of the article. Don't take these studies to seriously as scientist are still perplexed on a lot of stuff.

http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/news100

One study found that having this DNA could increase a man's chances of going bald up to 4 times. If men also have certain versions of another gene, then the odds go up as high as 7 times.

The other study found a different bit of 20p11 was involved. They concluded from their study that the increased risk was as high as 3 times.
    http://www.vox.com/2014/7/30/5948661...s-heritability

Male pattern baldness (formally known as androgenic alopecia, or AGA) does appear to be mostly determined by genes. And if you're a man, some of the crucial genes that determine your hair loss over time do tend to come from your maternal grandfather — although other genes from all of your parents and grandparents also play a role.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Ive got the II on the front and thinning on the crown(which I find to be the worst). Started after college, which I'm pretty sure was stress induced more than anything. The last year or so has been less stressful and I have noticed it in my hair. I used to go months between haircuts, now I like to get them every month at least. I do not plan to be the person trying to hold on to a hairstyle I had in high school because long hair really makes it look worse. Look into an oxford, high and tight, or a high fade. The more hair that you have lost the shorter you want to go imo, shorter hair gives it a fuller appearance. If mine starts getting worse I'll probably go with a Jason Statham style.
    Yeah mine definitely seemed a little thinner when I got stressed at work last summer through this spring but its definitely rebounded a bit thickness wise. It could've been in my head though. I definitely do notice as I go slightly more and more frequent for haircuts and cut my bangs shorter and shorter, its less apparent whats going on with my hair in that front forehead area. So far rather than just a messy look I wore all through college I've switched to a side part and if my bangs go with the part it looks pretty nice if that makes any sense.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Anyone done a hair transplant or thought about it?

Personally I'm thinking about it, although I wont have the money set aside for a few years probably. I don't know how effective it would be, and I think it's one of those things you're gonna have to keep doing or re-touch up every so many years?

Probably cheaper to just get a haircut monthly and keep my hair short. I kinda like my hair short (not too short and definitely not bald), although I'd look way hotter with a bit more hair.

(The one thing that pisses me off - I have hair every fucking where else. I have to shave daily, twice if I'm going out at night. Why can't all that hair go to my fucking head :<)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Thinning a little bit and I'm 36. Beard is starting to get a noticeable amount of grey and white hairs among the ginger. Yes. I am a brown haired man with a strangely ginger beard.
    Brown hair and mixed brown/ginger beard for me, bit of Irish blood in me. It's funny, I shave my head and trim my beard at the same time and you can definitely see in the puddle of hair on the floor when I switched from my head to my beard.

Started balding in my late 20s, haven't tried anything yet, just buzz it despite having a fucked up melon.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

my beard is strange. my mustache is weak, and my beard is light brown in a goatee shape but the rest is dark brown like the rest of my hair.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I cant grow a mustache to save my life - can grow goatee/beard only (although heavier/faster growing on one side for the beard so I usually end up shaving it all to avoid the odd unevenness).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    lol, you like big black cock
    i am a bbc my friend, huehuehue

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Chiming in from a female perspective - no hair loss (my hair is like 2 foot long) but I'm 34 and for the past few years I've been going grey on top. I've not bothered to colour it since I'd have to do touch ups every few months, and with my length it's not worth the cost.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i do not believe that you are a female BGer. report to irl thread and present proof.

-Management