+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terra Formars     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Terra Formars

Summary: With the space program attempting to travel to Mars, 21st century scientists were tasked with warming up the planet so that humans could survive on its surface. They came up with an efficient and cost-effective plan of sending cockroaches and mold to the surface so that the mold would absorb the sunlight and the insect corpses would serve as a food source for the mold.

It is now the year 2577 and the first manned ship to Mars has landed on the planet and the six crew members are ready for their mission. But what they find are giant mutated humanoid cockroaches with incredible physical strength. The crew members are easily wiped out, but not before sending a transmission back to Earth. Now, humanity will send elite warriors to exterminate the mutated bugs and claim back Mars.

-----

Now that I've finally found some uncensored versions of this floating around I've decided to watch it. It's terrible with the censorship, but without it I find myself enjoying it. Animation and fights are well done at points, but holy shit do they really go into character backstory at the worst times.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's much more enjoyable without the censorship, but I still can't help feeling like I'm watching some anime version of a B-rated horror movie from Redbox.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've been enjoying it regardless of censorship in early eps.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Good grief, Adolf is one tragic German. I really loved how they showed his past, especially the latter half. Still, I wonder which way the show is going to go, as the first few episodes had an incredible air of suspense. The fighting is also great, but it doesn't translate that constant fear as well as the powerlessness in the earlier episodes did. Then again, Adolf's episodes had a much stronger focus on characterization.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

For how much hype this show got, it was very very much of a let down. Hype aside, I found this pretty average. Was okay to watch but nothing special. The fighting was cool and some of the backstories were good, but nothing I'd eve go back and watch again (nor recommend to anyone)

That said, the finale didn't even seem like one to me. I went to download today's episode and found out last week was the last. Really? Oh well. If this gets a second season, I may give it another shot, but if not, oh well.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The manga is a lot better.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

the manga is a shitton better. season 2 should be good, assuming its funded

I thought it was a good introduction to everything. Season 2 will decide whether this will be worth picking up (because it did just end somewhat suddenly) but I don't regret watching it. The characters were interesting, the story was tense, the roaches are pretty badass/freaky and the animation/music was good.

Apart from not being 26 episodes I have no complaints...oh, aside from the shitty censoring the early episodes had.