1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

only works if you desynth when it's high noon at moon time

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Final upgrade should require...

Talking to random NPc's all over the world, which only spawn at certain times of the day randomly (different for each class)
    Doing a instance for a 1% drop rate from a random monster that changes hourly, so you have to guess what drops your item by spamming instances.
    A special 4Star crafter only attachable item (can be done by other players) obtained from i110 gear desynths
    1 IV materia attached from each type of materia (excluding elements)
    EX chimera, and EX Hydra
    kill 1000 mobs from each beastmen tribe type
    All the EX primals with only the weapon, and right side accessories equipped
    Buy 500 poetics books to kill random obscure mobs that have a 1% drop of an item you need (from fates only)
    Infuse 3X the materia requirement from novus stage onto some alexandrite like map
    Farm 2000 lights... from 2,000 "boss only" fates (Lv50, and the ones that take 2 hours to spawn only count) for 1 point each

It'll be the most soul crushing but rewarding weapon ever...! (unless you are farming T13)!
    Think of all the fun times... hours/days/weeks/months can be spending with friends! >.>

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Do "Taken" 5,000 times

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just missed Taken for my Atma (got silver) and I'm already about to cancel my sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    that gets you a unhidden basiliskskin map
    I didn't necessarily read that as "ballskin map" but the word was close enough to put the idea in my head and frankly, I think it's superior.

Unhidden Ballskin Map.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I expect this state of the relic to require 1000 commendations while relic equipped or it to involve Demi-materia. If it involves Demi-materia so help me....

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I hope the next step requires a ton of Binding Coil mats so I can make bank off the nexus people. Illuminants and white raven fragments too for maximum lols.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Burning Auricle is required for top keks

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I expect this state of the relic to require 1000 commendations while relic equipped.
    Haha this will be brilliant! (made me chuckle in what is otherwise a shit morning). Way worst then the other grinds, sort of, unless they do the commend "trick" (queueing as German/French only and then getting 3 friends to do the same in guildhest)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You are all sick fucks >_> How can you live with yourselves after those thoughts.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    You are all sick fucks >_> How can you live with yourselves after those thoughts.
    Been playing MMO's for decades, the masochism is strong (also hentai had some influence on that)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Been playing MMO's for decades, the masochism is strong (also hentai had some influence on that)
    Ah my fellow masochist!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    to be fair, looking at the grind curve of the zodiac questline, none of these suggestions would be out of place if they actually came to fruition.

I mean, have you ever looked at the sequential string of grindfuck that relics bring you through? check out the progression:

melded base weapon + 24 beastmen + amdapor keep + hydra + khimaira + 3 HM primals + quenching oil -> 3x thavnarian mist -> 12x atma -> 4,500 soldieries + 900x monsters + 27 dungeons + 27 FATEs + 27 Leves -> 75 alexandrite (1-5 per day depending) + 75 pieces of materia (300k - 15m) -> 2,000 lights (500 HM primals/t4/t6 or 1000 cape westwinds)

dat curve doe. this is ofc post-sortofnerf of animus and atma stages.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You forgot the inks needed for the scroll.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It looks horrible from the whole view, but each step itself isn't horrible-ish

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

animus books and nexus are arguably the only things that take awhile.

base relic: can finish this in about 60-90minutes if you have ppl waiting in the wings to run the instances with you.
    zenith: takes 3minutes to buy mists and run out to the furnace.
    atma: takes 4-6h now from what I understand, and you can prefarm these on another weapon too.
    animus: takes days/weeks depending on the level of help you have and the job you can queue on. even with a max of 2000 soldiery, you'll still need another 2500 farmed to make this happen.
    novus: can be done in 10minutes if you have the alex and already obtained all the materia you need. need soldiery too so that's probably the biggest time-sink if you've prefarmed the other stuff.
    nexus: no matter what this will take days/weeks/months depending on your schedule, your drive, and light bonuses. seems like the biggest timesink but you could probably do it faster than the animus stage.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    animus books and nexus are arguably the only things that take awhile.

base relic: can finish this in about 60-90minutes if you have ppl waiting in the wings to run the instances with you.
    zenith: takes 3minutes to buy mists and run out to the furnace.
    atma: takes 4-6h now from what I understand, and you can prefarm these on another weapon too.
    animus: takes days/weeks depending on the level of help you have and the job you can queue on. even with a max of 2000 soldiery, you'll still need another 2500 farmed to make this happen.
    novus: can be done in 10minutes if you have the alex and already obtained all the materia you need. need soldiery too so that's probably the biggest time-sink if you've prefarmed the other stuff.
    nexus: no matter what this will take days/weeks/months depending on your schedule, your drive, and light bonuses. seems like the biggest timesink but you could probably do it faster than the animus stage.
    I feel like you make Novus sound way quicker then it is when you say you can "prefarm" things like alexandrite and materia. Even if you gather it all beforehand, it doesn't change the fact that at some point or another you have to sink a ton of time into accumulating all the alex/materia you need. So saying it takes 10 minutes is incredibly misleading lol

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah... "pre-farming" doesn't make the time spent "pre-farming" not involved in the process. Assuming you don't already have an Animus+ weapon, you can actively do very little in the windows between Atma book FATEs to prepare for collecting Alexandrite, which really just translates to farming any Soldiery/Allied Seals while somehow not missing your FATE. Other than the time between FATEs, there's no other time-sink where you're potentially doing nothing to progress. Yeah, I can see if you just happen to have an assload of Alexandrite and Materia overflowing out of your retainer for no reason before you decided to even go after a Relic or were waiting for the class/job to be implemented... but that's not the case.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah you completely trivialized what I would say is actually the longest part of the whole thing. You can casually spread it out over a month or two to make use of the daily alex or spend a dickload of soldiery (hell, even a 50/50 split is almost 15,000 soldiery, and that's forcing you to wait over a month to get it done). Hunts used to speed up the process significantly, but since the recent change they're garbage, making the process painful no matter how you go about it. A 3-stat spread for the materia is reasonably cheap at least, but if you want to minmax your 2 optimal stats you're also looking at millions of gil that you have to sink in to it too, which is more time spent grinding.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

3 mist - 150 soldiery each, 450 that's a pretty healthy amount given that soldiery isn't exactly falling out of peoples assess like mythology was.

The 3 new dungeons are 50 soldiery each, not going to include any daily for this.
    Fastest I've cleared any of the dungeons is about 18 minutes(<3 Sastasha), not assuming you have a pre-made group and wait at least 5 minutes in DF(sorry DPS and your 12-18min avg.)
    2 1/2 runs an hour ~130soldiery an hour takes just under 4 hours just to get the thav mist.

Gambling on getting soldier bonus for first time clears in HM primal isn't exactly worth, given that in the last 14hours of light farming for my second nexus I've only gotten the bonus 2 times, this is queued as WHM too