1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Rich, solo party finder for second coil.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It's not gonna be exactly stupid easy. Rafflasia still gets the stacking buff if people don't dodge properly*, and more than a few of those hurt. And Melusine just drops from insta-wipe on screwup to hard.

* and remember, if randoms could dodge properly, Titan wouldn't be so much trouble

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I was doing 4-5 stack rafflesia clears last week while helping new people, so let's not pretend T6 will be anything but a leafy punching bag after the servers come up. As for t7... even if people fuck up shrieks or voices, petrify only lasts 10s so it's very likely it'll fall off before you can cause a chain reaction with voices.

I mean I don't care that they nerfed the turns, but let's not downplay the severity of the nerfs.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

T9 should be pretty quick for nexus lights. Assuming you don't have a group of potato dps you should be able to push nael by or before 3rd meteor. You could probably kill him before second set of dive bombs in last phase.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    T9 should be pretty quick for nexus lights. Assuming you don't have a group of potato dps you should be able to push nael by or before 3rd meteor. You could probably kill him before second set of dive bombs in last phase.
    Nice. I'ma sneak in with that soldiery bonus - "I'm just here for light guys lol"

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Those nerfs are ridiculous, they may as well just give out the gear lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I heard renauds hit for 500~ dmg now? Someone confirm, sounds hilarious.

People on OF raging. "I don't care about SCoB but you shouldn't win easy! Enjoy your watered down fights!"

Why do they care -_-

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Internet fame is strong in this game

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Those nerfs are ridiculous, they may as well just give out the gear lol.

RNG is still the hardest part of Coil and all the left side gear has been obsolete since 2.4.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Exactly. Who gives a flying fuck how easy old gear is to attain? in case people missed it there's a new patch with new gear that's better than the old stuff. And guess what, this fancy patch has been out for three weeks now.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since the new gear is better, what's the point in trivializing SCOB? Making players learn to play better is far more beneficial to them than easy access to outdated gear.

They should have gradually toned down mechanics as echo increased over time, not just immediately made the majority of them pointless

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, some people are beyond help ;( Playing since 2.0 and not having cleared T5 yet for example.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Some of us mid-level commitment players back here just haven't bothered with SCoB. In part because we didn't see the point/need and also in part because no one was really motivated to try and keep a static together. I had access as soon as it was available I just wasn't really driven to do it. In FFXIV SE hasn't yet blocked you from meaningful content. There's no push to beat x just to access y. Especially when z is a pretty good alternative. In FFXI I worked through everything I could to get access to fights/areas/gear others didn't have but there's no real push for me to do that in XIV.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

^This is where I am right now as well. I'm kind of upset that once I do start doing Coil (probably soon) it will not be challenging like it was for others who jumped on it right away - I hate handicaps and the act of dumbing down content to cater to bad/lazy players. That kind of tactic by SE will never encourage people to play better.

But I can also understand the argument that there's little reason to keep it difficult when the drops aren't relevant anymore. Either way, I wish they didn't nerf any content just for the sake of letting bad players pass more easily, regardless of what the rewards are for running the content.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Since the new gear is better, what's the point in trivializing SCOB?
    Best answer? So we can carry people through easily for the quick 100 sol bonus.

I saw a PF up last night that basically said "Giving free T5 carries, we just want your soldiery bonus for being new."

Black Belt
    BG Level

Since the new gear is better, what's the point in trivializing SCOB? Making players learn to play better is far more beneficial to them than easy access to outdated gear.
    it's "new content" for the people that haven't cleared it yet. and it's "new content" that they would actually want to do since now they actually have a chance.

there's a certain population of people that you can't make them learn to play better, there's a ceiling to how much wiping they will do before they ignore the content altogether.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's the point of trivializing content?

1. They want all the people who to be able to try out this new content when they couldn't before. This change was made for casual players. This entire game is made for casual players. Opening the floodgates lets these players experience the "new content" as mentioned above.

2. And i agree again with layoneil: you can't make people learn to play better. Some people can figure this shit out and are in the .001% who can beat the game within days of it coming out. And there are others who've been at this for a year and are still trying to beat divebombs in turn 5. But what the devs can do is lighten the restrictions so people who are in the lower-end of the ability spectrum can finally access this new stuff. And it keeps them playing and it keeps the money going into SE's pockets.

3. As a corollary I don't care how good these players need to be or how much this will "train" them to be better. You either have it in you or you don't, and if you do you're already well past this anyway barring very bad luck. And conversely the players with the slowest learning curves won't be very good no matter how much fight experience they attain. Furthermore, some of them will actually be able to improve cause there's no more shitty ass pass/fail mechanics to grind their motivation into the dirt.

btw i have zero interest in how good the playerbase becomes or teaching them to be better. But if it really matters, these players will hit a huge roadblock in t9 and the opportunity for something quite challenging to work on and help improve themselves is still there.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Considering how daunting this game is for anyone not on the fastest horses out of the gate come patch time, I'm not surprised at all SE is making things stupid easy. Move on to the next content wall and let the small fry deal with what's on farm status for hardcores. World first and keep movin'.

Coming off a break to PFs where you must know fucking everything to participate is a wall enough for content. Don't understand the mechanics? Watch a video! GTFO my party! Farm farm farm! You should know this! This is easy! On and on and on. Watching a MrHappy 2 hour video is definitely how people want to spend their nights.

It isn't that you're great and everyone else sucks. It's more that some people aren't experts on their first run of something. 2 days into Shiva EX and PF is already asking 'must know fight, will boot if you die 2x' type scenarios. Real welcoming atmosphere that is.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My point is that there are more than options than old SCOB and hideously easy. Just like they phase in echo boosts, they should have phased in easing of mechanics. Tossing them all out of the window on day 1 of nerfing is stupid.

The nerfs in place now should have been the level of nerfs applied once full echo is implemented, not when we're at the lowest level of echo. It's not like the applied this heavy a nerf to challenging content previously

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast