1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

I don't have time to learn fights anymore, so easy mode coil is epic. I haven't even cleared T6, but only attempted it like twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    I don't have time to learn fights anymore, so easy mode coil is epic. I haven't even cleared T6, but only attempted it like twice.
    And your kind is the majority. I'm fine with the nerfs. Some of my friends, which I've been playing with since 2004 FFXI, still can't handle how fast this game is compared to FFXI. Low DPS accompanied with slow reaction made Titan Ex even with 50% echo a nightmare. So this nerf breathed life into the game for them.

Some play in closed communities, so closed that they still don't know what happens in and after SCoB. So.. Ya.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    And your kind is the majority.
    Exactly. What's healthy for the game isn't always healthy for the hardcore epeen.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I haven't even attempted to try T5 yet. Don't even care.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

What do you do then to entertain yourself in this game? o_O

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Since the new gear is better, what's the point in trivializing SCOB? Making players learn to play better is far more beneficial to them than easy access to outdated gear.

They should have gradually toned down mechanics as echo increased over time, not just immediately made the majority of them pointless
    So they see the storyline. That's the entire reason behind nerfing coils. They've tied the most important links to 1.0's plot behind the hardest content in the game.

While I have no sympathy for old XI players who cant get with the times of actual movement and positioning, I agree that if you want to have the majority of players actually appreciate the effort you put into the plot, they have to be able to experience it themselves. Nerf it long after you've made the next tier. Fine by me.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

my first 30 days runs out tomorrow, and i've completed everything up to 2.4 except some extremes and coil past t4 (only tried one t5 via duty finder). i've got 2 caster dps at ~i110. part of me likes that it was easy to catch up to a large portion of the playerbase quickly, but the other part wonders if the remaining content is enough to continue a sub.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    my first 30 days runs out tomorrow, and i've completed everything up to 2.4 except some extremes and coil past t4 (only tried one t5 via duty finder). i've got 2 caster dps at ~i110. part of me likes that it was easy to catch up to a large portion of the playerbase quickly, but the other part wonders if the remaining content is enough to continue a sub.
    dunno, to me it seems the game has still alot of content, i cant even find enough time to go with my static 3 times a week + do daily roulettes + do daily beastmen quests + try to lvl a craft job + do nin relic etc etc. I have my hands full, but then again i didnt play this game for 1 year+ now

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

my point was that with gear requirements removed from all progression except final coil (correct me if this is untrue) due to easy soldiery/st gears, the only barrier to the remaining end game fights is learning mechanics and finding 7 other people you can play with. once this is accomplished, the rest is just the traditional mmo grind chasing rng for drops or working on longer term projects like relic, which is fine. my point intended to address being able to access and clear all unique content from scratch in such a short period of time (relatively). maybe that's just how it is these days, i dunno.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The nerfs in place now should have been the level of nerfs applied once full echo is implemented, not when we're at the lowest level of echo. It's not like the applied this heavy a nerf to challenging content previously
    Many of the nerfs implemented affect "instant kill" mechanics which would not be helped by the echo at all.

It doesn't matter what your healing potency or damage output is when you take 30000 damage from a Renaud or Auto-Detonation.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe it's ok to nerf content when the next tier is released so people without group/time for a static can clear it too as long as the last tier isn't nerfed til obsoleted it's cool.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't get why they couldn't have preserved the original version of SCoB by means of another difficulty tier though.

With the way their instancing servers should be set up, it shouldn't matter if no one does them or not with the nerf-mode version added in.

I'm glad. I know far too many people who can't do mechanics for whatever reasons (most obvious being lag or connection shit) and this makes it far easier to drag them through shit. It's honestly surprising how bad people generally are at this game and every content nerf you think isn't necessary definitely is.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Patch 2.4 Notes (Full Release) 10/27/2014

only attempted it like twice
    Then you don't deserve to kill it. There's some nice mobile games out there you can go spend some money on since you're obviously too lazy to actually play a game that takes effort.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by gaira View Post
    the only barrier to the remaining end game fights is ... finding 7 other people you can play with.
    i've been trying to do this since last November. people tend to quit faster than i can find them.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

holy shit we went from 2 to 11 real fast

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Patch 2.4 Notes (Full Release) 10/27/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    holy shit we went from 2 to 11 real fast
    You know me. Never not mad posting etc.

Edit: way more salty about the communities "I DESERVE this" reaction than the actual changes.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I don't care about the changes, I farmed it for 6 months and am long since done with it and don't care other than to help those that either didn't attempt it because it was too intimidating to them or had a hard time completing the content.

It wont make my static's experience in fcob any different just because some newfag has beat nael.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Many of the nerfs implemented affect "instant kill" mechanics which would not be helped by the echo at all.

It doesn't matter what your healing potency or damage output is when you take 30000 damage from a Renaud or Auto-Detonation.
    Again there are levels between instant-kill and 'This hits for so little damage that it can be ignored entirely'.

And seriously, anybody who actually gets hit by the floor exploding in T7 deserves to die. It's not like it's an instant reaction, it's like 15+ seconds to move your ass off the thing that is already dealing dot damage to you. If you're too stupid to move off that then do you seriously deserve to win?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

And seriously, anybody who actually gets hit by the floor exploding in T7 deserves to die. It's not like it's an instant reaction, it's like 15+ seconds to move your ass off the thing that is already dealing dot damage to you. If you're too stupid to move off that then do you seriously deserve to win?
    People handling shriek

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast