1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Then you don't deserve to kill it. There's some nice mobile games out there you can go spend some money on since you're obviously too lazy to actually play a game that takes effort.
    Can't tell if quoting OF post or just varying degrees of mad, good show.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I think we need to exile him to the OF for a week.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    People handling shriek
    You mean people with shriek on them or people positioning Renauds? I've personally never seen it be an issue for either even when we were learning. The only time I've ever seen anyone eat the floor damage is someone who had to suddenly afk.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

T7, the OG static breaker, is braindead easy now.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I mean good thing hardcores have FCoB or there might be an actual argument here.

What's next? Titan HM was EPIC and now the casuals can walk it sitting in bombs like a boss. By Heavensward all this content will be garbage. It's almost like the game is vertical or something.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    You mean people with shriek on them or people positioning Renauds? I've personally never seen it be an issue for either even when we were learning. The only time I've ever seen anyone eat the floor damage is someone who had to suddenly afk.
    If your push timing is bad, shriek will come out at the exact same time the outer ring will explode.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    I mean good thing hardcores have FCoB or there might be an actual argument here.

What's next? Titan HM was EPIC and now the casuals can walk it sitting in bombs like a boss. By Heavensward all this content will be garbage. It's almost like the game is vertical or something.
    I'm actually looking forward to shitting all over second coil with my final coil static. While some of the nerfs are disappointing you can still have fun with it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    If your push timing is bad, shriek will come out at the exact same time the outer ring will explode.
    Which is only problem if that shriek is required to keep the renauds petrified until the next voice goes out.

I forget how many times my static sacrificed/suicided throughout the months to keep that shit under control when there was a mess-up/bad transition.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Pretty sure you can still get the original experience by just doing SCoB (Savage) too

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Which is only problem if that shriek is required to keep the renauds petrified until the next voice goes out.
    If someone dying doesn't count as a problem, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not saying it was a wipe, but it sure as hell was inconvenient.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Considering how daunting this game is for anyone not on the fastest horses out of the gate come patch time, I'm not surprised at all SE is making things stupid easy. Move on to the next content wall and let the small fry deal with what's on farm status for hardcores. World first and keep movin'.

Coming off a break to PFs where you must know fucking everything to participate is a wall enough for content. Don't understand the mechanics? Watch a video! GTFO my party! Farm farm farm! You should know this! This is easy! On and on and on. Watching a MrHappy 2 hour video is definitely how people want to spend their nights.

It isn't that you're great and everyone else sucks. It's more that some people aren't experts on their first run of something. 2 days into Shiva EX and PF is already asking 'must know fight, will boot if you die 2x' type scenarios. Real welcoming atmosphere that is.
    I think I saw this on day one, probably people that tried hard while I was at work. Anyway, Shiva isn't even challenging.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    I think I saw this on day one, probably people that tried hard while I was at work. Anyway, Shiva isn't even challenging.
    Ramuh is still the most "complicated" ex primal fight

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Then you don't deserve to kill it. There's some nice mobile games out there you can go spend some money on since you're obviously too lazy to actually play a game that takes effort.
    you do understand that with every lost customer the game suffers more right?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    you do understand that with every lost customer the game suffers more right?
    There's more than one way to let people see content. LFR in WoW got it right. Gutting existing content for entitled brats got it wrong. I have no issue with echo. If they were going to nerf things I think they should have started with echo and collected data on what people still suffered with before going heavy handed into nerfs.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They shouldn't have gutted it so badly that you can completely ignore every mechanic and still win. I believe when they were asked about it at Fanfest, one of the devs said petrification would last like 50s, but damage takenwouldn't kill you. If they even just changed it to that with the current nerfs, I wouldn't even really mind. Renauds probably should do a little more damage as well, but the duration of petrification when you don't even die to taking damage while petrified is particularly egregious. 10 seconds makes no difference at all during the fight; it absolutely should've been higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Not an issue for me therefore WHY DID THEY NERF IT?!

Seriously between you and Eanae getting real OF up in here.

If they were going to nerf things I think they should have started with echo and collected data on what people still suffered with before going heavy handed into nerfs.
    I mean really, guess what? They already nerfed the shit people were having problems with. How are you even still here? So funny.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I mean really, guess what? They already nerfed the shit people were having problems with. How are you even still here? So funny.
    The problem people are having is the degree to which it has been nerfed where the mechanics have really 0 chance of killing you, which is something they clearly said they wouldn't do at Fanfest.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Seriously between you and Eanae getting real OF up in here.
    A sad day when the official forum is against nerfs and BG champions the casual button masher. Once upon a time...

People are allowed to have opinions and mine is they handled this wrong and I'm not alone. So stop throwing a tantrum someone doesn't agree with you.

A sad day when the official forum is against nerfs and BG champions the casual button masher. Once upon a time...

People are allowed to have opinions and mine is they handled this wrong and I'm not alone. So stop throwing a tantrum someone doesn't agree with you.
    The fact that you care about these nerfs makes you ridiculous, the fact you would go so far to say:

Is even more ridiculous. If I'm throwing a tantrum, it's because you're going full retard.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The fact that you care about these nerfs makes you ridiculous, the fact you would go so far to say:

Is even more ridiculous. If I'm throwing a tantrum, it's because you're going full retard.
    I care because the changes are not good for the overall health of the endgame community. Allowing people to completely ignore every mechanic and randomly hit whatever button they want and win is not good. It's lazy design. It doesn't better player skill. There was infinite other ways they could have handled it and they took the worst route.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast