1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    I care because the changes are not good for the overall health of the endgame community. Allowing people to completely ignore every mechanic and randomly hit whatever button they want and win is not good. It's lazy design. It doesn't better player skill. There was infinite other ways they could have handled it and they took the worst route.
    But this changes are not for the endgame community. The endgame community is either progressing through FCoB, or working on finally getting T9 down. This changes are for the people who can't handle the level of coordination and concentration that fights like T7 needed, but still want to experience the story and the fight somewhat. And that's a lot of people, in fact.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I care because the changes are not good for the overall health of the endgame community. Allowing people to completely ignore every mechanic and randomly hit whatever button they want and win is not good. It's lazy design. It doesn't better player skill. There was infinite other ways they could have handled it and they took the worst route.
    Truth. They could've made the mechanics more forgiving, while not making them completely irrelevant. If you don't see that, it's because you're looking at the inside of your sphincter.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I care because the changes are not good for the overall health of the endgame community.
    The endgame community isn't doing this content though. Don't you have to be working on T9 to be remotely considered in the endgame community a month after Final Coil was released?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    But this changes are not for the endgame community. The endgame community is either progressing through FCoB, or working on finally getting T9 down. This changes are for the people who can't handle the level of coordination and concentration that fights like T7 needed, but still want to experience the story and the fight somewhat. And that's a lot of people, in fact.
    And I'm not saying those people don't deserve to see it period. Echo is 100% good. They should have either a) waited to nerf only what needed to be or b) made a story mode version of coil that came out at the same time as normal coil. They could have done many more things. Second coil is where a new player would learn to be good enough for FCoB. Now SCoB teaches nothing because you can ignore it all outside T9. Why is it bad people should work for things?

Holy shit do you hear yourself right now? I won't disagree that there are different/better ways to handle this, but damn. The health of the endgame community is fine, guess what they're doing? Final coil. Guess what the casuals are doing, not final coil. Hell, some of them haven't beaten the first coil. Guess what these people are going to do once they reach final coil? The same thing they did with second coil. What do you learn in second coil that you didn't already know from the first or Titan Ex or any other fight? Pay attention and you win. That's the only lesson you need in this game and it's one that goes over many heads.

If there was any lazy design, it would have to be packing second coil with so many instant death mechanics (which are lazy by default).

I could understand the mad if they nerfed the shit out of final coil, but considering they left an actual hardcore alternative untouched while still having a goal with final coil means that all the bitching is stupid. Ya'll stupid. Stop being stupid.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I don't really get the fuss about it. Yeah 6 and 7 can be facerolled now, great, enjoy your gear that's worse than the new welfare set. However T8 is barely any different, you still have to handle all of the mechanics and T9 is exactly the same. It will be still be the same roadblock T5 was (and still is for some people).

Even if people somehow make it through T9, all those terrible dps are not going to beat T10 or T11 enrages without seriously overgearing it. Some parties in full i110 could barely scrape together the 1650 dps needed for T8 with one tank so I can't see them pushing out the 2050 needed for T10 with 2 tanks any time soon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Whole lot of "Abyssea leveling killed player skill" going on

Over 10 years later and this community still hasn't realized that the people who are able to progress do so because of inherent qualities, not because they trained with Master Roshi with weighted armor in SCOB for a few months

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

"I remember when we beat real CoP the old-fashioned way... by farming R/EX items"

It's funny seeing people who don't understand the logistics of PUGs, player morale, and the predisposition for internet douchebaggery. It's almost like they assume everyone has a full static of people they get along with and can play 24/7. Hint: That doesn't mean you "deserve it" more. Otherwise, old shit is old. Since mechanics don't readily repeat, I don't quite understand the butthurt of people "not learning" either. Knowing Ifrit certainly didn't help me with Garuda and Titan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Holy shit do you hear yourself right now? I won't disagree that there are different/better ways to handle this, but damn. The health of the endgame community is fine, guess what they're doing? Final coil. Guess what the casuals are doing, not final coil. Hell, some of them haven't beaten the first coil. Guess what these people are going to do once they reach final coil? The same thing they did with second coil. What do you learn in second coil that you didn't already know from the first or Titan Ex or any other fight? Pay attention and you win. That's the only lesson you need in this game and it's one that goes over many heads.

If there was any lazy design, it would have to be packing second coil with so many instant death mechanics (which are lazy by default).

I could understand the mad if they nerfed the shit out of final coil, but considering they left an actual hardcore alternative untouched while still having a goal with final coil means that all the bitching is stupid. Ya'll stupid. Stop being stupid.
    YUP.

I am not sure how this is not more clear to you guys who are complaining. You are either doing progress type stuff or you're not. These nerfs don't do much to change that fact. And the people in the latter category are not in the business of getting better either cause they don't care enough or they are not actually capable.

If people want to challenge themselves in old coil that's what t9 is for. If they want to further themselves, there's also savage. But the fact that they are not already doing final coil with the rest of us essentially means that they are not going to want to or just don't have the capacity to learn challenging progression content.

Btw all this shit about being bad for the end-game community. Holy christ, some of you guys are so ridiculous... First of all, if you care so much don't go fucking selling primals/coil2 runs to noobs and getting people shit they don't deserve. Second, if you still care so much go do some soup kitchen shit and train randoms who need help and teach them t9 on your own time. I highly fucking suspect though the idea of protecting the endgame community's health is not nearly so enchanting when people's personal time and profits are at stake.

Holy shit some people are ridiculous. Old shit is old. Second coil is no longer useful to the "elite" game click so why not throw the other 80% of the population a bone? I think the people who used to sell it are the most butthurt. Guess what. You can still sell turn 9 cuz pugs still wipe to it. As someone who came back after 8 months of being away I see how changes like this can draw players back and it's just smart business on SE part. But ohhh jeeze Fafnir now is a pop item although I had my ridill for 6 months /slitwrists

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

And I'm not saying those people don't deserve to see it period. Echo is 100% good. They should have either a) waited to nerf only what needed to be or b) made a story mode version of coil that came out at the same time as normal coil. They could have done many more things. Second coil is where a new player would learn to be good enough for FCoB. Now SCoB teaches nothing because you can ignore it all outside T9. Why is it bad people should work for things?
    Echo wouldn't have made T7 that much easier. If anything, it'd have made it harder considering you ALREADY have to fucking cease all DPS to line up the renault timers properly so you don't push too quickly and wipe. Giving people more DPS would have made that messier. Giving them more HP would do jack shit when the renault one-shots everyone.

Do I agree with the degree of nerfs? Not really.

Do I give a shit? Not at all. I swore never to go back into T7 once Final Coil came out, because I can't stand fights where you have to fucking hold back DPS (skill) to make the fight flow properly. This affects me, personally, in 0 ways, but it does affect a lot of newer people that want to experience coil, and those who couldn't obtain or maintain statics.

Saying "git gud" isn't enough for me, and its certainly not enough for devs if you're talking about sustaining the longevity of a MMO. Having people experience your content will keep a lot more people than the latter, especially when you lock significant plot behind the encounters.

The fuck. If you want hardmode, Savage is sitting right there. Now if you want to argue that Savage should be ilvl capped to "preserve" its difficulty, then I'll pick up a pitchfork and march out with you. This T6-T7 whining just reeks of "back in my day" sourness, same as the "a sad day for BG when..." nonsense.

I'm sure it was a sad day for any elite minority when any mass majority got any sort of benefit that didn't directly benefit the elites. Open a history book; you'll find plenty of examples.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    Renauds probably should do a little more damage as well.
    I look at the renaud nerf the same way I do the High Voltage nerf of T2: Can't guarantee there'll always be the optimal job to properly handle the mechanic there in DF. Weak-ass renauds just lets anyone not the tanks to handle the mechanic without a strict penalty for being near.

Shriek could have been more debilitating though. At least make the one primary mechanic in the fight have the actual potential to wipe you, and ensure people know how to deal with it to progress. Renauds are now easy, voicing is now a joke with the increased duration to allow phase transitions at essentially any point.

I'm also of the opinion that the nerfed SCOB should have been its own difficulty tier, to at least preserve the original released version in some fashion.

they mad cuz they can't sell wins no more

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I joined a T7 pugs, we still wiped lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just give the dirty casuals a fucking storymode and don't gut mechanics on fun fights. Literally all T7 needed was Renaud stone timer from 30s -> 45s, hey look I fixed the fight and you'll never die to bad phase push again.

I joined turn 9 farm party. Everyone had wins. 2 deaths per attempt before golems came out. Need more nerfs

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

People are mad as fuck about this lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Meh, I don't see why Second Coil nerfs matter when you're on Final Coil. The focus should now be on Final. Let it go. This shit is vertical progression after all. Once you're on the new tier, everything below that is irrelevant.

Personally I welcome it because I can easily pug T6-8 to gear my second (and anything after) job without bashing my head against the wall. Haven't even gotten one piece of High Allagan yet due to static competition and luck of drops. Did a couple of duty finder T7 earlier and despite having first timers, was able to down it a couple times. The only thing I'm mad about now is fighting against RNG for drops.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Just give the dirty casuals a fucking storymode and don't gut mechanics on fun fights. Literally all T7 needed was Renaud stone timer from 30s -> 45s, hey look I fixed the fight and you'll never die to bad phase push again.
    Devs are one step ahead of you

Standard is storymode, Savage is your fun fight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast