1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 21 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 118 FirstFirst ... 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Oh, one thing.

Remember how FFXI had /sea all?

Remember how XIV 1.0 post-launch had that taken away (well, the idea not the actual syntax because that would have been too fucking convenient), and to this day it hasn't returned?

Tinfoil hat is on.
    You can search each city zone to get an idea of the population. My server is usually 200/200 in every searchable zone.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshx View Post
    You can search each city zone to get an idea of the population. My server is usually 200/200 in every searchable zone.
    It's not really the same, and it's also more work regardless. Being capped at 200 also sucks for accuracy since you have to filter it down if you want more precise checks.

Also 200/200 in every zone doesn't mean there are 200 people in the zone. If I do /sea while in say Upper La Noscea I will get maybe the 5 people in the zone and then it plucks from those in other parts of La Noscea.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    It's not really the same, and it's also more work regardless. Being capped at 200 also sucks for accuracy since you have to filter it down if you want more precise checks.

Also 200/200 in every zone doesn't mean there are 200 people in the zone. If I do /sea while in say Upper La Noscea I will get maybe the 5 people in the zone and then it plucks from those in other parts of La Noscea.
    That's because you cannot /sea for sub zones

Thanks SE limitations

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

XI's search system was near-god like. And the fact that you could do it all from the chatbar was the best. /sea area "Behemoth's Dominion"; /sea all rdm 54<60; etc. Meanwhile all it took was a few attempts for me to learn that XIV's search system is shitty shit shit. The only thing it works for is searching for people by their first or last name.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yup

i loved XI's /sea

fucking win

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Well, MMOs aren't based on MUDs anymore so... We have GUI now. The XIV could be inproved a good deal but it certainly isn't useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    XI's search system was near-god like. And the fact that you could do it all from the chatbar was the best. /sea area "Behemoth's Dominion"; /sea all rdm 54<60; etc. Meanwhile all it took was a few attempts for me to learn that XIV's search system is shitty shit shit. The only thing it works for is searching for people by their first or last name.
    After playing this game for 1 year, I still don't know and can't be bothered how to use the stupid search function.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    After playing this game for 1 year, I still don't know and can't be bothered how to use the stupid search function.
    You've missed absolutely nothing. It's so fucking bad. lol

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

/sea forename (first few letters)

Only thing I (anyone) ever (should) use it for.

Don't need the fore- can just do

/sea name ser

and it works the same, saves a bit of typing.

Other than bringing up a specific person's name if they're not in your chat log somewhere idk what the search feature would even be useful for.

Also the fact that you can't search for people if they're in a duty makes it even more useless.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This has always bothered me. The one thing I am grateful for is /pcmd still exists.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

While I've always seen it solo healed, I have yet to see it solo tanked, so for any who has already seen it solo tank just disregard the video

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Solo tank is significantly easier than solo heal. There's really no mechanics to adjust other than mashing all the things to survive Akh Morn. Still fun though.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

As a result of that video, we went for a solo WAR tank (STR accessories) tonight. Worked out pretty well, but we were disappointed by the speed. There's a lot of theorycrafting/play to improve upon and our composition was not ideal since we threw the group together within 10min of discussing the idea (Namely, having a NIN). Guess that proves Dammerung's point though lol.

http://www.twitch.tv/sartii/v/4082936

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Solo tank/heal would be pretty interesting.

id rather not bump the scob thread so lets ask here

am i right in thinking that nearly every t9 savage divebomb has the fire dragon and whichever dragon is closest to the east dive first, except for the one where the ice and thunder dragons are SW and SE and they are the ones that dive first?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For T9 savage (And normal), you begin at 12 and go clockwise. The first two dragons you hit going clockwise are the ones that will dive first. The remainder will dive alone obviously.

Really? I think that the "Start at 12' and the first 2 drag..." only applies to normal. In some guide that I saw, there was all the examples of the possibles dives and that rule doesn't work...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The rule applies in Savage as well

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He's probably talking about this. The rule works for every pattern except one if you go by the image.
    Spoiler: show