1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -5 hours, -30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 14 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    Can anyone confirm or deny whether the front (tank) charge target's damage taken is based on range from the boss? I know Seravi stated it was but I couldn't get much testing in last night since it seemed so random. Sometimes it'd take people down to 1000 HP (or one shot them) and other times it'd barely leave a dent.

Also, thank you very much for that write up! That alternation between 3a and 3b explains a lot.

During tank swaps I always stood right outside the hitbox and had similar results. Sometimes I'd take 5-6 sometimes just 1-2k. Maybe it just wasn't registering all the people in the path, i'll have to pay more attention.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Healer Bracelet/Belt (T11).
    Fending Choker/Aiming Choker (T11)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Can anyone confirm or deny whether the front (tank) charge target's damage taken is based on range from the boss? I know Seravi stated it was but I couldn't get much testing in last night since it seemed so random. Sometimes it'd take people down to 1000 HP (or one shot them) and other times it'd barely leave a dent.

Also, thank you very much for that write up! That alternation between 3a and 3b explains a lot.
    I wish I could remember if I had the same mitigation or distance every time. It's possible some of the times I got wrecked I was just standing inside the boss's lightning floor thing when he starts wild charge so I just broke my own Adlo or something.

Oh yeah by the way, sons leave lightning floor for some moderate AoE when they die (for about a minute), boss leaves one under itself when it's doing Wild Charge (slightly before, maybe when the Charge marker goes out? memory.) It's not wide enough that you have to reposition as MT, but melee and OT just need to keep a little spacing. No cheating by hugging inside his hitbox while it's out.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Double, but on reddit someone is saying for charge:

7000-9000 unmitigated damage to ONE initial target in his path 7000-9000 unmitigated GROUP damage split between people standing close to each other in his path.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._and_strategy/

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Deny.

Range doesn't matter. As OT standing in front, I've stood right in front of the boss as he's charged. I've stood far away. The damage is the same. The only thing that matters is that the first person to get hit takes the most damage (~8k), and the damage reduces for the rest. The guy in front should be the only person taking that much damage. I've had people just behind me but basically touching me and they've survived just fine.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

i haven't stepped into T10 yet but am wondering as a WAR is it plausible to just build a str/dps set and reject the vit build for now or what?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm switching back to vit for progression, until we hit a point where we're failing DPS checks and could pass them if I had 30 more str.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    i haven't stepped into T10 yet but am wondering as a WAR is it plausible to just build a str/dps set and reject the vit build for now or what?
    STR build is still ok for t10. t11 might have an issue or two tho.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I've been using Ruby and 30STR as PLD OT, our WAR MT has been keeping 30STR all STR accs. Rarely ever die to tank HP problems, it's all just mechanics.

edit: whoops he is using VIT accs for progression my bad.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Yeah I think it would be fine. You only would take a lot of damage during the add phases but those are spread out enough that you'll have enough CD's for it. I went in last night with a VIT WAR and a sleep-deprived-i95 SCH as one of our healers and we survived so I imagine if you didn't handicap yourself like my group did then it will go just great!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I went PLD VIT 30/30, 4 fending, 2 slaying accessories for MT. OT was all STR WAR. Was fine for t10.

8000hp for MT PLD would be my recommendation. Critical Rip likes to stack with an auto attack which can be 9600+ damage before mitigation. 7600 is about the hardest a Rip hit me for and he crits for 2000+.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    Deny.

Range doesn't matter. As OT standing in front, I've stood right in front of the boss as he's charged. I've stood far away. The damage is the same. The only thing that matters is that the first person to get hit takes the most damage (~8k), and the damage reduces for the rest. The guy in front should be the only person taking that much damage. I've had people just behind me but basically touching me and they've survived just fine.
    We're having issues where it seems like a tank is first in line to get hit but people behind them get hit for 20k+ without HV on them.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    We're having issues where it seems like a tank is first in line to get hit but people behind them get hit for 20k+ without HV on them.
    Are they getting hit by the AoE stun from the Charge target?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    STR build is still ok for t10. t11 might have an issue or two tho.
    We ran war mt and pld ot yesterday (hg works vs charge with vulnerability down), war 30/30 str and was living through all hits using basic mitigation, if youre ot i dont see why youd have any problems, would need cds for adds though

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

our WAR MT has been keeping 30STR all STR accs.

edit: whoops he is using VIT accs for progression my bad.
    Wouldn't it be better to use 30 Vit and Ruby Accessories? Instead of 30 Str and Vit accessories.

It's equal Vit and 35 more Str. Plus more secondaries.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Are they getting hit by the AoE stun from the Charge target?
    Nope. We seem to have fixed it I guess though, I guess we just split it wrong somehow and are now just doing it right. No incidents for awhile. Pet seems to also count for damage splits.

Wouldn't it be better to use 30 Vit and Ruby Accessories? Instead of 30 Str and Vit accessories.

It's equal Vit and 35 more Str. Plus more secondaries.
    WAR doesn't have Ruby though, just me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromega View Post
    We ran war mt and pld ot yesterday (hg works vs charge with vulnerability down), war 30/30 str and was living through all hits using basic mitigation, if youre ot i dont see why youd have any problems, would need cds for adds though
    Yeah, our WAR was OT and STR specced with Ruby gear. We just started having some issues when we got further into t11. The WAR OT was taking very little damage from the Son and Daughter adds with proper mitigation.

A fully shielded melee was ok for eating charge at the front with proper mitigation (soil/stoneskin/galvanize). I think our MNK went into Fists of Earth to eat it. Unnecessary, but it worked.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Any source for good t11 info yet?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Nope. We seem to have fixed it I guess though, I guess we just split it wrong somehow and are now just doing it right. No incidents for awhile. Pet seems to also count for damage splits.

WAR doesn't have Ruby though, just me.
    I don't think pets actually do work. I did a test where my group put 2 pets along with a properly placed tank as charge targets and they absorbed nothing on there own. I think that when they take damage whole stacked for charge it is just residual AoE damage from hitting actual players. We stopped stacking pets in and didn't notice a difference in the damage players took.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Any source for good t11 info yet?
    Take a quick nap the first 40%, then kill adds and wipe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast