1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    I don't think pets actually do work. I did a test where my group put 2 pets along with a properly placed tank as charge targets and they absorbed nothing on there own. I think that when they take damage whole stacked for charge it is just residual AoE damage from hitting actual players. We stopped stacking pets in and didn't notice a difference in the damage players took.
    Yeah, placebo it looks like. Or rather they don't split charge but maybe other things?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How does lockout work on Final Coil? Same as previous coil turns (when current)?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    How does lockout work on Final Coil? Same as previous coil turns (when current)?

Yes

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Healer Bracelet/Belt (T11).
    Are you still running double BLM?
    T11 seems pretty unfriendly to BLM and the fight is continuous enough that bard needs to play Paeon.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

We run one BLM. He said the fight was easy using stutter step casting. Since we had two BRDs, we could split up the songs to satisfy both.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

holy shit lol!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

T13 boss:

DON'T FUCKING CLICK IT IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS HOLY SHIT

Spoiler: show

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    T13 boss:

DON'T FUCKING CLICK IT IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS HOLY SHIT

MY IMMERSION

But seriously I was gonna post that QQ.

Much exciting.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It's been .dat mined but it's nice to see it. He's a lot smaller than I thought he'd be. I wonder how the Louisoux pheonix thing fight went because the details I was given make it sound fairly difficult.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

im fucking excited for the team that is going to attempt and try <insert t13 boss name here>:D nice work ya'll

but extremely disappointed in SE's endgame design....... im not saying its easy but shit went from 3 months to clr, to 3 weeks, to possibly 1 week now........ that team is prolly still IL110 when they clear that +_+

SE either underestimated the playerbase or IL adjustments got out of hand for them XD

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Looks nicer than XI's image. At least he has a fucking head and isn't sunk into his torso.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    im fucking excited for the team that is going to attempt and try <insert t13 boss name here>:D nice work ya'll

but extremely disappointed in SE's endgame design....... im not saying its easy but shit went from 3 months to clr, to 3 weeks, to possibly 1 week now........ that team is prolly still IL110 when they clear that +_+

SE either underestimated the playerbase or IL adjustments got out of hand for them XD
    I don't think it's fair to make this judgement yet. We now have groups that are so experienced due to constant running of difficult content (Savage, primarily), that someone is bound to make it through content quickly. If they designed content that would prevent these players from clearing it reasonably quickly, nobody else would be clearing it at all. If they gated it behind an absurd item level grind, people would just complain. It's likely fine as it is. People claimed T6-9 were too easy when BG crushed through it quickly, but it still took the playerbase months upon months to get through it. I'm sure there will be a new Savage by 2.5 to sate those who really want more insanely difficult content anyways.

Really, if anything, we just need a few more raids. It sounded like the expansion is gearing up to work this way, so I'm pretty optimistic.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

People have complained content is cleared too quickly every patch. No amount of reasoning will work, they will still complain. The idea that each turn doesn't take a week+ minimum upsets a lot of people, it seems. Both 2.2 and 2.4 have followed a similar pattern (and I assume 2.4 will follow the final product of 2.2):

The first 2 turns are downed relatively quickly with multiple groups all clearing close to each other, then progress slows when people get to the first real "gear wall" and one insane group downs it and impresses everyone. A few days later people realize it's possible and are invigorated to keep going and more will clear. Then we hit a true gear wall and need to wait 3~ weeks for that insane group to hit the final before others also realize it's possible and clears start to come.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

dont get me wrong! i mean those peeps earned it no doubt

im not complaining either ^^ just saying we getting clears faster than prev patches, and this patch got a new job to lvl too

also competition helps in faster clear i suppose +_+

now the real competiton for the final lap begins!!! gogo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    People have complained content is cleared too quickly every patch. No amount of reasoning will work, they will still complain. The idea that each turn doesn't take a week+ minimum upsets a lot of people, it seems. Both 2.2 and 2.4 have followed a similar pattern (and I assume 2.4 will follow the final product of 2.2):

The first 2 turns are downed relatively quickly with multiple groups all clearing close to each other, then progress slows when people get to the first real "gear wall" and one insane group downs it and impresses everyone. A few days later people realize it's possible and are invigorated to keep going and more will clear. Then we hit a true gear wall and need to wait 3~ weeks for that insane group to hit the final before others also realize it's possible and clears start to come.
    If they downed T12 with that gear, I could see them possibly getting t13 before the reset. This group is extremely solid.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by amadouche View Post
    If they downed T12 with that gear, I could see them possibly getting t13 before the reset. This group is extremely solid.
    With .5s to enrage and double melded MNKs. My guess is that they've maxed out what they can do, but only time will tell I guess.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

old news but our T10 win tonight

]

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    With .5s to enrage and double melded MNKs. My guess is that they've maxed out what they can do, but only time will tell I guess.
    I would agree. I can't see them meeting the FINAL TURN dps checks. BG did Turn 8 by changing party comp and melding crafted gear. But they still didn't kill Turn 9 until they had 4 i110 weapons. I feel t13 will be similar if it's anything like the scaling t5 and t9 had from the previous turn.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

melded gears always been solid everytime new coil is released

needed for the extra push for hardcores

crafters cant complain!

+ Reply to Thread