1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 18 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 15 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 118 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Generally speaking it's wiser to tank Baha at the add spawns and move him during Giga/Rage casts.

Melee don't have to chase down the add and more importantly the OT doesn't have to wrangle it at range or waste TP on tomahawk/lob. Everyone is already stacked together for heals/mitigation after Giga/Mega+Rage so having the add spawn right there as well is ideal, OT can grab it more easily, DPS burn it down, risk is minimized.

Melee DPS lose virtually no damage since they only have to move once and there's enough time in between adds that SSD/Tackle/Shuku will always be up.
    Realistically it doesn't matter. If you're moving the add, or Bahamut, you're still losing DPS somewhere. If your DPS is strong enough you don't need to have all 4 DPS switch targets. We usually leave 1 melee DPS on Bahamut full time. Plus, if your DPS go crazy before the OT hits it, there's a strong chance it's going to beeline for the healer, so there's at extra GCD DPS could be on Bahamut anyway, whereas moving Bahamut you might lose that. Furthermore, it's pretty easy for the OT to move the add into position seamlessly once they have a feel for it. Should result in less DPS loss than moving Bahamut. Also, side note: no real reason the OT should be using Tomahawk/Shield Lob on the add. Only if they want the extra damage while pulling it away. They're terrible options for actual DPS.

If you're moving Bahamut the DPS use their instant movement skill to get back to him, there's no DPS lost (by the time Baha actually starts moving away the add is there, never not hitting).

If you're moving to the add the melee are either running to the add or running back to Bahamut.

If the add spawns on top of the group still stacked from Rage, even if someone else does get hate on it for a moment it's not leaving melee range, the OT will get it back with their next WS.

If the WHM pulls hate standing way off near Bahamut and the add makes a beeline for them the OT can't do anything but Tomahawk/Lob.

It's much easier and safer to move the mob the MT has had solid hate on for the entire fight than try and dance with a newly spawned add that can go running around because of a BLM crit or a Medica.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We tank Bahamut basically where he spawns and just move the first add. Our MNK stays on him fulltime while the BLM, BRD, and NIN kill the adds. Our NIN loses 1, maybe 2 GCDs running over to the 2nd and 3rd adds then Sukuchi's back to Bahamut. It doesn't really matter though since we hold dps to not push before the third add spawns cause we're scrubs and don't wanna deal with the add spawning during divebombs or the add gauntlet but I imagine we're gonna have to manup once echo is put in and we're pushing phase faster.

No globals are lost if Bahamut is moved instead of the add.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We tank him at 6 o'clock and never move him. Our RNG DPS can kill the adds without needing a melee at all. I could see a progression group taking advantage of moving Bahamut around but at current ilvls it shouldn't matter either way. We hault DPS waiting for the 3rd add...I know you can push to have the 3rd add spawn after giga but we've never had smooth transitions doing that so we just use the same method for sale runs or static runs.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm assuming bahamut starts off in the north when I say this: Tank pulls and we start in the center, he pulls back to north on the flatten. (Basically right before salt shakers go out. I lose zero gcd.) On the gigaflare he runs south, and dps hit the add that's right there. Movement skills back to bahamut. On the rage he moves back to north and dps hit the add that's right there. For the third add though we just run over to it and lose a melee gcd or two. (Although if everything went timed correctly, I'm casting futon on my way to him.)

Felt like it helped us a lot when we were trying to eek out extra dps while trying to beat it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

In case it wasn't already clear, Final Coil changes for 2.55 were posted on the official forums by a community rep, same kinds of changes that were done for Binding and Second Coils when they became unrestricted:

-It will be added to Duty Finder.
    -There will be no recording of clears so you can do each turn as many times as you want.
    -There will be no order required so you can do them in any order.

Source

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    In case it wasn't already clear, Final Coil changes for 2.55 were posted on the official forums by a community rep, same kinds of changes that were done for Binding and Second Coils when they became unrestricted:

-There will be no recording of clears so you can do each turn as many times as you want.

Source

Thanks! Good timing. I am getting so sick of FCoB lol. We get the shittiest drops, at least now my group can farm the items we need and be done!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post

Source
    I'm assuming because they're doing it "early" this time (as in not doing at the same time as new content comes in, not early as in length of time) that poetics will still be capped.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I thought the intention was to let everyone gear up at i130 to prepare for expansion. If they don't uncap poetics as well that seems a bit odd, or they might wait a month for another patch to entice people to attempt to farm unrestricted i130 from coil?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't see any reason why they would leave poetics capped when FCoB is unlocked. Doesn't make any sense. If you can beat Coil you'll already be getting i130 gear guaranteed, why not allow buying i120. Are there even any poetics crafting items? I thought it was only gear.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

It doesn't make any sense, but because they have yet to comment on it it makes me unsure.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well the sense would be that not everyone can spam FCOB to get full 130 whereas everyone can spam Poetics.

Granted I still expect them to fully unlock Poetics too but it at least makes some sense if they intended to split them up.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It doesn't say anything about the loot lockout. Hopefully it is abolished as well.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Coil never had a loot lockout. Only an entry lock out.

Its still 3 mo away from 3.0

I dont think its necessary to unlock poetics given that much time to gear up. Not that I care either way. I'm too lazy to cap now weekly as is.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Coil never had a loot lockout. Only an entry lock out.

I did T13 multiple times last week, was locked out from lotting on each clear besides the first. Pretty sure that's a form of loot lockout

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh that lockout for helping. Yea that should be gone with DF.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Made it to phase 4 in t13. Didn't make it past the first tempest wing. Any tips for healing people through this phase.

Also, phase 3 healing. After divebombs and splash damage, are people aoe healing or spot healing for people targeted to stack.

Megaflare is still megaflare, everyone but the tanks is getting hit by something, a medica II after the stack hit goes off should be fine.

There's not really any need for people to get topped off immediately, other than the tanks (who don't take damage from Mega) the party shouldn't be taking any more damage until the Sins pop and ideally only 1 Evil Eye goes off.

Same goes for the second set of adds, only damage the party should be taking is from Evil Eye.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there even a good way to explain T11 tethers using the ingame chat?