1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 118 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

T12 becomes easy as shit once you're able to skip the fifth bennu. No more worries about enrage (IE more room for errors/deaths on last phase) and the add phase is much easier (less stacks to deal with by the end of it).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hey guys. I was in a static that couldn't get past T11 P2 after 3 consecutive nights of raiding last week. I have a few questions for people who have the fight on farm. I'm WHM. During adds, I find that the PLD (who is tanking the cube) is often out of my casting range which is causing issues with healing. I can manage healing the MT and DPS, but having to heal OT as well while dealing with mechanics is too much for me. How do you deal with that? I don't think I can solo heal that phase, and I wasn't getting much help from the SCH. I also noticed that the WAR was occasionally getting one-shotted for over 8k by Repelling Cannons. Does that just randomly crit? I also saw the adds fusing together a few times, causing wipes. Is that a tank issue? I'd really like to see tethers at least once.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

DPS on the sphere need to stack behind it to split damage for repelling cannon. If someone is taking 8k damage then you don't have enough people getting hit by it. I recommend having the whm stack with them too for delicious cure3-ness. And then you can have the sch healing the tank on the cube (and maybe dps the cube too?) Also make sure the sphere tank doesn't do silly things like move it away from everyone right before repelling cannon, getting himself killed.

If any of the shapes ever fuse together, unless it was due to killing one of them and then not killing the other one in time before the egg ate it, it's entirely the tanks faults. Sphere needs to stay far enough ahead of the egg, and cube in turn needs to stay far enough for the sphere tank to never worry about if he can move.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qmo Rieter
    FFXIV Server
    Shinryu

Is your Paladin hugging the edge of the field?

Get him to stay in the center of the path.
    Have your scholar focus on the paladin while you focus on the rest of the party instead. Just keep succor up for repelling cannon. If he wants to DPS, there's still enough time between adlo->MT, succor->PT to throw out dots. That makes much better use of each of your skill sets anyway.

That's what I do anyway.

We also have the warrior handle the cube while the paladin does the sphere instead, which seems to be opposite from what everyone else is doing, though I'm not sure why.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nobody actually bothers to cross class awareness as a warrior, so it's nice to put the pld on the mob that always crits. Also the sphere is physical, so it's nice to have the warrior on that since they can put out more damage. And pld has a higher mp pool from which they can spam flash, which is nice for building hate on the cube since it reduces physical damage taken.

I don't think our sch bothers to succor at all while the sphere/cube are still up. Maaaaybe once right before phase change, but that's it. (This is our first clear from whm pov. http://www.twitch.tv/jamminjalopenos/c/5474130 )

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i am a sch with the pt war stacking behind the sphere with succor etc while the whm focus on the pld and occasionaly throws a medica 2 out on the pt. worked so far very well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Hey, I use awareness!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Nobody actually bothers to cross class awareness as a warrior, so it's nice to put the pld on the mob that always crits. Also the sphere is physical, so it's nice to have the warrior on that since they can put out more damage. And pld has a higher mp pool from which they can spam flash, which is nice for building hate on the cube since it reduces physical damage taken.

Thank you for the tip lol. The first 30 seconds of holding the cube have been hectic with our BLM dropping bombs on it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Should always open up on it with FoF or unchained+berserk.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

For the Bennu adds phase, can you kill a small bennu on top of a big bennu's corpse? (since the big bennu won't be revived)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Hey, I use awareness!
    Same, what else are we supposed to use? Featherfoot? Second Wind? Mantra? The options are all shit. I go with Awareness.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    For the Bennu adds phase, can you kill a small bennu on top of a big bennu's corpse? (since the big bennu won't be revived)
    Yeah you can.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Same, what else are we supposed to use? Featherfoot? Second Wind? Mantra? The options are all shit. I go with Awareness.
    I was gonna add that onto my post as well but thought otherwise. Ideally you "should" swap abilities out per turn. There are only three mainstay abilities warrior has that are used or useful to some degree in every fight:

- Provoke
    - Convalescence
    - Internal Release

Then it's just dependent on the turn. My fourth is always Awareness. In T10 my 5th should be Flash for snap aggro on adds if I'm down TP (always am!) and on T11/12 I should take Flash out for Second Wind to save my ass on some of those balls deep Resonance and Revelation, but I never do. Heck there's probably situation where you can drop Awareness because you need Flash and want Second Wind too, maybe T10 as OT.

Mantra is almost never good, especially when MNK main is way better and BRD can do it otherwise.
    Featherfoot is definitely awful.
    I don't even with Savage Blade.

Awareness, while good, is still just 20s of protection from randomness every 120s. It is however on top of the shit pile.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

SE did lift awareness up a little on the shit pile in this final coil tho XD

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    Yeah you can.
    K cool and for the divebomb part, do you need special position? or just make sure you don't stand in line of others and don't stand in plumes

Most important reason to have Awareness on WAR:

The animation with a G.axe looks really cool.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The47thSen View Post
    We also have the warrior handle the cube while the paladin does the sphere instead, which seems to be opposite from what everyone else is doing, though I'm not sure why.
    I think the original reason was that Storm's Path reduces the damage the cube does, whereas Rage of Halone's STR down doesn't do anything since all it's attacks are magical.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    I think the original reason was that Storm's Path reduces the damage the cube does, whereas Rage of Halone's STR down doesn't do anything since all it's attacks are magical.

I rotate: Awareness > Rampart > convalescence then sentinel if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    This applies to both mobs, all "spheroid" attacks are magical and even their default attack is a magical cleave.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think Awareness is complete trash outside of Shiva Bow (lol) and T11 Cube (PLD's job).

Second Wind is the most underrated cross-class skill for Warrior. It's not amazing but it's a lot better than most people give it credit for.

Provoke, Convalescence, Internal Release, Second Wind, Flash/Mantra (depending on encounter).