1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 118 FirstFirst ... 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

T12 is probably the most enjoyable fight atm. Lots of cute ways to do it and it's fun to do it with different groups.

Farmed last night with a warrior who died 4 times in one pull. We still cleared.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I've never seen the fountain spawn far away. Furthest I've seen in right near the middle.

We do OT3,MT3,Melee, then melee2,OT3,MT3 and just move phoenix next to the fountain.
    tanking around edge and fountain spawn around middle is too far to move to and its DPS lose

and we used to do OT3 then healers and brd but we changed to all range for better overall DPS '3'

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    tanking around edge and fountain spawn around middle is too far to move to and its DPS lose

and we used to do OT3 then healers and brd but we changed to all range for better overall DPS '3'

Yeah there are better strats but we are talking 1 gcd, in a non-DPS check fight. I put together our strat for a few reasons (we did it this way starting week 3 I think), we had healers handle brand the entire fight, it allowed our BLM/BRD to never have to move, tanks taking stacks made healing extremely easy. The only downside is having to move the boss. Sometimes there is zero DPS loss and other times you lose a GCD. We never really tweaked it because we were clearing it early and it was the easiest turn for my group.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As long as you're able to kill Phoenix before the second dodge phase, it doesn't really matter what fountain order you do as long as folks are handling it.

Granted, preference to having healers or tanks in during the stacks where birds are going out. A shame the fight is a complete bore once you have it on farm status. Echo just makes me even lazier and just continuing to DPS where a pre-cast Adlo may have been required prior.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    It would make sense to always place bluefire at the same spot and not moving phoenix from middle. This way your OT can keep on dpsing, your melees can put DoT on bennus and you minimize the risk of seeing your MT forgetting to move and be one shot by the fire barrier.
    We generally place bluefire at the same spot (9) unless it pops on the healer at 3. Fire barrier deaths aren't an issue because we call the transition, but I can see why north is not ideal.

I'd say the best option is to move it any direction but north. That way you don't have to deal with redfire spawning behind the boss and tethering on a frontliner, which I believe was our original problem.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    We generally place bluefire at the same spot (9) unless it pops on the healer at 3. Fire barrier deaths aren't an issue because we call the transition, but I can see why north is not ideal.

I'd say the best option is to move it any direction but north. That way you don't have to deal with redfire spawning behind the boss and tethering on a frontliner, which I believe was our original problem.
    I'm not seeing how moving the boss in any direction would stop you from getting shitty redfire spawn points. I do that mechanic on my Scholar and can honestly say that the only "annoying" situations is when the redfire spawns on a player. If your DPS are having/ever had a problem with moving out of a clearly visible line, then there might be deeper issues than the placement of a raid boss.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Had an interesting idea, after learning that it is possible to enter the final phase like this, from reports of DF T11 in one of my linkshells.

Beat T11 without killing the egg. It just stays up for the last phase and apparently spams the vacuum AoE and (of course) the lightning thing. Psuedo-savage!

edit: maybe disregard

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Doesn't the boss absorb the egg, gaining the melee range only thing? I'd imagine it always does, and gains back health if the egg isn't dead.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Been many months since I saw it happen, but I think if you take too long to kill the Egg, the shield drops, Kaliya starts using Nerve Cloud, and the Egg spams Object 199.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm pretty sure the egg spams Object 199 unless they nerfed that aspect.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah, I remember that happening too once or twice in progression. I forgot to confirm with the person who mentioned having egg up on phase transition today if it was any different or if they just happened to wipe to nerve cloud without killing egg or something. I forgot about Object 199 until after I posted that tbh ._.

Pfft.

Heal thru that shit T2 style, son.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    I'm not seeing how moving the boss in any direction would stop you from getting shitty redfire spawn points.
    If the boss is in the middle, there's a significant portion of the field (behind the tank) that redfires can spawn where in order to intercept, you have to run either in front of the boss (so, Retribution) or through Phoenix, unless your frontliners stop what they are doing and run away from the boss. This is less common when the boss is tanked at the edge.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by venus eros View Post
    T12 is probably the most enjoyable fight atm. Lots of cute ways to do it and it's fun to do it with different groups.

Farmed last night with a warrior who died 4 times in one pull. We still cleared.
    I love this fight but hate doing it with different groups sometimes. Particularly the ones with the scrub-approved "WAR STAND IN FOUTNAIN FOR 6 STAX TOMHAWK SPAM GOGOGO!" strategy.

I can handle adapting to other people's strategies but this one in particular is just awful as a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    I love this fight but hate doing it with different groups sometimes. Particularly the ones with the scrub-approved "WAR STAND IN FOUTNAIN FOR 6 STAX TOMHAWK SPAM GOGOGO!" strategy.

I can handle adapting to other people's strategies but this one in particular is just awful as a Warrior.
    ive never seen this strategy and im pretty glad i havent

most groups dont even bring the boss near the fountain from the get go

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Does anyone have a cool tip for divebombs in T13? It's not for me since I never get hit by twintania. But I would like to have something simple to explain for two of my FC members.
    I mean I think I have an excellent tip but people are stubborn...
    My tip is : 1. check where bahamut is 2. Run to my spot 3. follow bahamut's path. I don't even look where twintania is. And if twintania is on my way that means I can see her so I can dodge. It's easy enough this way or am I doing it wrong?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    Does anyone have a cool tip for divebombs in T13? It's not for me since I never get hit by twintania. But I would like to have something simple to explain for two of my FC members.
    I mean I think I have an excellent tip but people are stubborn...
    My tip is : 1. check where bahamut is 2. Run to my spot 3. follow bahamut's path. I don't even look where twintania is. And if twintania is on my way that means I can see her so I can dodge. It's easy enough this way or am I doing it wrong?
    1) Continue running from Bahamut and get really good at flipping your camera around whilst running so you can find Twin (That's what I do, but some people tell me it makes them nauseous). The important thing if you're playing a job without sprint is to make sure you don't STOP running to look for Twin, cause if you haven't covered enough distance that probably means you'll get clipped by Bahamut.

2) Same as above except hit V to flip your camera to identify if Twin is directly behind where you're running. If not, flip around, but you should be generally safe.

Also, one thing I don't see people do enough is: You can create an internal timing in your head (right after when Bahamut dives) and then run right in front of Twin if you're next to her and since you weren't in her line when she picked her trajectory you can run right under her and you'll see her go over your head. It's useful when people crowd you and you want to create more room. Also, it feels cool.

Edit: Here is a visual example of what I mean by #1.

https://youtu.be/VJE6AJaro94?t=327

Edit 2: Another example on MNK (IE a job without sprint)

https://youtu.be/RmFthbWXWxQ?t=318

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Thank you, so there's time to look for twintania after you dodge bahamut.
    I'll share it with those two FC members.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We've always just had 2 healers and 2 ranged take 2 stacks each. Don't think I've seen any other group do that but it works for us. Maybe it's less "safe" for pugs? I dunno.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

wait 6 stacks???

The fountain strategy i've seen so far are either

1) OT X4 then range X2 then range X2 (what my group use)
    2) OT X2 then Range X2 then Range X2 then healer X2 (seems safer for bad healers)
    3) OTX4 then Melee X2 and Melee X2 (what my old group did they moved Phoenix near fountain to maintain DPS from melee)