1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 118 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The Final Coil: Yoshi P mentioned T11 was going to be the "gear check" as t8 was though

Feel free to discuss or post findings.

Preemptive: Use spoiler tags if you want to discuss bosses or information beyond T11, or the story in general.

Also, come up with a better title than me. I know I'm the only one who laughs at my jokes.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It's the final coil down: du du du du...du du du du du

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Should go with The Crying Game in honor of the best Achievement that never was.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I expected t10 to go down quick but damn

6 groups have cleared as far as I know (2 from Lucrezia, Finale, Collision, LVN and an FC from Diabolos).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Kind of makes me wary exactly how hard final coil is with win rates like that. Though I know it's kind of naive of me since groups have been hammering at it for 4-5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Kind of makes me wary exactly how hard final coil is with win rates like that. Though I know it's kind of naive of me since groups have been hammering at it for 4-5 hours.
    To be fair though, at least 4 FCs of those cleared Savage, Finale killed 6 and 7 several times as far as I know, so did Collision, so they're kinda prepared for this, especially becuse of Savage. When Second Coil launched, these groups tried to get ready with the first coil since there was nothing else, and I'm sure you know what kind of disparity there is between First Coil and Savage. You can't really evaluate how the rest of the world will do with these new mechanics even if they're considered easy for the top groups in the world.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Coil10 is doable in i110 (per Yoshi) I expect dozens of kills this evening during NA prime time.

We got it down to 59% tonight.

Basic notes:

1) Blue marked person will be stunned thus unable to move, in order to block the boss from charging (it will 1 shot you), have the OT stand in front of the blue marked person to take the damage instead.
    2) Red marker mechanics is similar to allagan field; i.e if the person with red marker takes any damage, it will give buff to the boss. To counter it, use stoneskin + adlo.

Phase 2 starts @83% which spawns 4 adds (2 blue colored coeurl + 2 reds). During this phase, the boss will be invulnerable until you clear the adds. Each tank takes 1 blue and 1 red add, kill them ASAP. Also during this phase, 2 red markers will appear together at the same time.

After you clear the adds, the boss will keep giving it self buff (also the same buff from the red marker), if this buff goes up to 17, raid is over.

The boss will also have access to heat lightning, which is aoe on random 3 people damage and vulnerability up debuff on whoever gets it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

RE: People surprised that t10 is down 4 hours into the patch.

Turn 6 may have taken longer to clear, but what did all those hardcore groups have before 2.2 to keep them limber? EX Primals and Turn 5.

What did they have before Final Coil? All 4 turns of Savage. KIND OF a massive difference there. Savage 7/8/9 is a ton of work. It really makes you step up, so this is not a surprise to me at all. In fact, I expected it, and I don't see how you could not unless you haven't looked into Savage at all.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

For anyone who's spent much time in the new coils... does it feel like standard PUG strat will use two tanks? (Is there even any data on Turn 2 or are people keeping their mouths shut?) I'm my group's OT, so I'm so tired of the solo tank bullshit of Coil2.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

1) Blue marked person will be stunned thus unable to move, in order to block the boss from charging (it will 1 shot you), have the OT stand in front of the blue marked person to take the damage instead.
    Heh if anyone played Rift before, this reminds me of Ituziel in Infernal Dawn.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    For anyone who's spent much time in the new coils... does it feel like standard PUG strat will use two tanks? (Is there even any data on Turn 2 or are people keeping their mouths shut?) I'm my group's OT, so I'm so tired of the solo tank bullshit of Coil2.
    If your group was failing to meet DPS checks in Second Coil and needed to resort to solo tanking (that's the only real reason aside from e-peen) it's safe to assume you most likely won't make them here when people are undergeared/new to the content.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

anyone know the requirements for 4 star crafts? making my offhand wanted to know what to put in it O_o

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you kill the adds before the boss reaches 10 stacks, you get to beat on it for free. This thing is going to go down as fast as T6 once people are overgeared.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

T11 down by Luccrezia

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare