1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.4 Dungeons and Trials     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Snowcloak is my favorite. Really love the music too.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I like snowcloak because it's quick and straight to the point. Qarn has too many gates, and the last boss of Sastasha takes too long.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

That one room of Snowcloak with 3 sets of mobs in the same room is kind of annoying tbh.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Having people not listen at all and kill every Spriggan/Ogre in the Yeti fight is slightly more annoying.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Turns out you can just smash the face in of the Kraken ignoring all mechanics if you're i110. The twisters only do like 3k, so killing the arms isn't even necessary.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    Turns out you can just smash the face in of the Kraken ignoring all mechanics if you're i110. The twisters only do like 3k, so killing the arms isn't even necessary.
    I had made the assumption that they gave Kraken enough HP to make the Vulnerability stacks from World's End eventually pile up too high to do that. Good to know though. Too bad for Duty Finder.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can confirm damage pushes the 2nd boss of Sastasha out of musketrape. If there's another way to avoid it though, that'd be swell. Last boss is just annoying. I'll try the straight zerg on him next time as killing arms only allowed like 5s of zerg before it was back to killing more arms.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fucking Ultros fight is the worst god damn thing I've done in this game. Wiped 12 times on the very first Typhon AOE with me explicitly explaining what to do. Finally one DPS says "How do I use Imp Punch?" Bailed and watched my hockey team destroy Edmonton.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah, it's a fun and easy fight but one I regretted doing DF for when the one guy who seemed to know what to do did not explain anything until 2 attempts after we wiped to a thing.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If they halved the amount of stacks needed to stun Typhon it'd be 500% less aggravating with DF. As it is right now, you need to rely on 4 DPS to not fuck up their job (sometimes 3 if they get 3 stacks ea.), or it's a wipe. Too much jumprope for casuals.

My jump out early method seems 50-50 at best for trying to carry people through unfortunately. The game loves to be finicky on when it wants to deliver a knockback attack, and sometimes it's too slow for me to jump back in the arena in time even with sprint up

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Just did the Typhon/Ultros fight. We wiped a few times but got the mechanics and beat it the 4th. Lost the loot roll though Still a fun fight!

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    Yeah, don't try this if your healer isn't 110... really, don't.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Qarn final boss and his fucking red headlights beam that adds stacks every other second. Is there a way to break that? I've only seen it not target the tank once in half a dozen attempts and shit always go insane once I get mummified. Tried stunning him, tried running, tried LoSing through him. Nothing seems to work and no matter what you get charmed.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Qarn final boss and his fucking red headlights beam that adds stacks every other second. Is there a way to break that? I've only seen it not target the tank once in half a dozen attempts and shit always go insane once I get mummified. Tried stunning him, tried running, tried LoSing through him. Nothing seems to work and no matter what you get charmed.
    I don't know if you can avoid it, but he spends most of that phase not attacking anyways, so you shouldn't really need the tank for 20s.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

How do you break the tether on the last boss of Qarn?I did it with some friends so it was too funny to just keep getting turned into mummies but I couldn't figure out how to break it while we were goofing around.

Edit: I see I should have refreshed the page first, someone else asked the same thing ha.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Probably olde news, but if you time shoulder tackle correctly during the dragon's neck fight, you can completely bypass the instant loss mechanic from typhon. DRG's version probably works too. Pretty much saved a handful of trial runs this week due to it.

Alternately, PLD using tempered will during 2nd one helps as well, since people tend to do the first one better than the second.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

On the note of that fight, every group I've had kills Ultros (and lets Typhon kill himself by healing Ultros until 5%ish). Is there any particular reason you can't just kill Typhon first?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post

I did Qarn for the first time last night and never got a stack as a tank...I saw the purple sword line attack but other that that I just kited him around dodging the mummy walls.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    On the note of that fight, every group I've had kills Ultros (and lets Typhon kill himself by healing Ultros until 5%ish). Is there any particular reason you can't just kill Typhon first?
    The first group I did it with killed Typhon first, but I imagine people focus on Ultros first so that DPS need to move less once they turn into imps.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

For the Dragon's Neck, I'd add the following, which proved quite ok:

Spoiler: show
    For the merry-go-round Typhon, have Ulty's tank stack him with Typhon in the center, and have the imps follow the tank. Then, circle slowly along, grabbing the Aqua Breath stacks and avoiding AoEs as needed. Another good point is that it's hilarious. As Typhon readies the big sneeze and gets hit by the imps, Ulty's tank move him a bit away from the center again.

After that, it repeats a pattern of a couple of big AoEs and Typhon's sneeze. Typhon gives a huge text warning - when he does, go to the center and keep running towards it until Typhon stops. Careful in the end, because there'll be trap AoEs.

As for OP,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    Qarn HM
    Second Boss - Cactaur(s).
    Cactuars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    Satasha
    Sastasha.