1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.4 Dungeons and Trials     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

For the merry-go-round Typhon, have Ulty's tank stack him with Typhon in the center, and have the imps follow the tank. Then, circle slowly along, grabbing the Aqua Breath stacks and avoiding AoEs as needed.
    A lot of ultros tanks seems incapable of understanding this
    They wouldn't move/reposition instantly, so all the imps stacked in front of him, in range of Typhon's gust before he spins. Insta-massive damage/death to all 4 imps and a slow miserable wipe (people won't jump off when I told them to)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I did Qarn for the first time last night and never got a stack as a tank...I saw the purple sword line attack but other that that I just kited him around dodging the mummy walls.
    Yeah, I feel like I'm talking about Big Foot. He'll sometimes do it, sometimes not, but there's definitely a Fuck You, Mummy beam that comes out of his forehead sometimes.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Yeah, I feel like I'm talking about Big Foot. He'll sometimes do it, sometimes not, but there's definitely a Fuck You, Mummy beam that comes out of his forehead sometimes.
    There is, some people say you can stun it but I tried with holy once recently when he targetted me... didn't work. (he did get stunned, but he resumed stacking after)
    Can't even sprint away 'cause he moves THAT fast. I am not sure 'what' you're supposed to do.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    There is, some people say you can stun it but I tried with holy once recently when he targetted me... didn't work. (he did get stunned, but he resumed stacking after)
    Can't even sprint away 'cause he moves THAT fast. I am not sure 'what' you're supposed to do.
    General consensus from what I could see on the OF is that you just deal with it and pray it doesn't target the tank/healer.

I know, I know. OF.

Someone theorized that he only does it if no one has been mummified at all, but I haven't fought him enough to test that theory. Might be possible to avoid it if someone lets themselves get charmed prior.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rude Jerk
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I've seen it happen even with someone getting mummied earlier in the fight. Generally even if it targets the healer or the tank you can live pretty easily.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I wonder if you can pass the beam around to keep people from hitting four stacks, similar to Allagan Rot?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I got the mummy beam of death yesterday when I was tanking it. That was a particularly awful run because both dps were BLMs. God double BLMs make that fight take forever.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niamh Rillemaugh
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

I'm still trying to figure out if there's any way to avoid the stacks that Wandil, the first Snowcloak boss, gives everybody with Snowdrift; there are some times that a person won't get a stack, but there's no really apparent reason. Rhe ice around the edge will give you stacks as well if you stand in it long enough, so I've been making sure I get frozen at a different point than everybody else if I'm healing, just in case things go south.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I've only done Snowcloak two or three times and I have no idea how that first boss works, we just wail on him until he dies.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nothing to know really, just need to kill adds before they explode.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

In my experience, being in motion from the middle of the Snow Drift cast up until the blizzard animation keeps me from getting stacks. Asking around, though, this doesn't seem to work for everyone, so I'm not 100% certain that's the mechanic.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Did Qarn yesterday , Final Boss glitched out and never used Purple swords and Mummy beam. It only used the random target sword attacks and the coffins popping up.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Chrian View Post
    Did Qarn yesterday , Final Boss glitched out and never used Purple swords and Mummy beam. It only used the random target sword attacks and the coffins popping up.
    We had Morgan glitch where he basically just stood there from 50% to 30%. No attacks or anything.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    A lot of ultros tanks seems incapable of understanding this
    They wouldn't move/reposition instantly, so all the imps stacked in front of him, in range of Typhon's gust before he spins. Insta-massive damage/death to all 4 imps and a slow miserable wipe (people won't jump off when I told them to)
    Gosh...

Well, what I saw today was a healer going down the pit after the merry-go-round on purpose, timing his comeback so he doesn't get pushed by Typhon's second Blinking Fungah that so many people seem to fail. That saves the party if that healer survives a couple of seconds being alone in the arena and if the others have knowledge that they can jump back after the stun goes off. Maybe this can be even more effective if Typhon's tank does this instead, since he has nothing to do when Typhon's blinking.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah I don't really get the timing on that (I jumped out around 70% cast bar, looked like everyone was stunned + Out but I was able to jump back in fine) but I've been the one to save the day on that 2nd fungahthing (BLM). You can just sprint and kite and you'll be fine for the 5s.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    We had Morgan glitch where he basically just stood there from 50% to 30%. No attacks or anything.
    That happened to me yesterday too, made for good times.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Thoughts on best dungeon to spam for poultry (calling poetics that after after someone typo'd it)? I kinda feel Brayflox x3 @ 15 each might outweigh 40 from any of the new ones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Found out tempered will doesn't work on typhon's mega sneeze
    ;(

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Thoughts on best dungeon to spam for poultry (calling poetics that after after someone typo'd it)? I kinda feel Brayflox x3 @ 15 each might outweigh 40 from any of the new ones.
    Might be more worth to do a roulette once a day and get the daily bonus, and then go for speedruns or something. Think any of the current dungeons can be done faster than 30min for clear?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Snowcloak took about 20min in a pretty good DF group with big pulls (MNK+BRD so not great AoE either). Sast HM took more like 25 in a not-as-good (small pulls) group, and fuck Qarn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast