1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.4 Dungeons and Trials     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I've had qarn take just under 30...far as roulette I'm thinking mostly of my 3rd character who is locked out of expert roulette for a bit now because of being behind on story, and having a ton of other things to do.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I always thought Qarn was one of the faster ones tbh. Just go out of one now that took 23 minutes start to finish as PLD WHM DRG BLM, and we weren't in any kind of huge rush (18:49 to 19:12). It could certainly be done faster for sure.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So, that laser on the last boss of Qarn that applies stacks till you're a mummy? It's stunnable.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    So, that laser on the last boss of Qarn that applies stacks till you're a mummy? It's stunnable.
    It stops the beam from ticking while he's stunned but it persists afterwards. If you have idiot DPS who ride their stuns and you only tag him for 1 second, he'll just resume after he comes out of it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

I guess thats why when I first tried to stun him out of that ability nothing happened because of diminishing returns on stun

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I got it on me earlier, so I tried passing it off to the tank. It didn't jump, he didn't receive any stacks, and it stopped with me only getting 2 stacks of it (no stun). As such, I still have no idea how it works.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    It stops the beam from ticking while he's stunned but it persists afterwards. If you have idiot DPS who ride their stuns and you only tag him for 1 second, he'll just resume after he comes out of it.
    When I stunned it, it stopped the beam, stopped applying stacks, but it still followed the person for a short time afterwards. Nobody became a mummy from it. *shrug* Maybe I glitched it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

At this point I've got some OF-tier "Mummy's Curse" theories since it seems to be completely random and I can't handle that sort of mechanic in my life. Roulette gave me Qarn yesterday and we saw the beam twice; first time got stunned for 1s and mummified the BLM, second beam didn't get stunned at all and stopped at 2 stacks on the monk.

Clearly it has to do with whomever picks up the sun/moon/other keys slash inserts them in the pedestals!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ebon panels.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

But in all seriousness there is no way to completely stop the beam without turning into a mummy? (Since he will start again after stun)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    But in all seriousness there is no way to completely stop the beam without turning into a mummy? (Since he will start again after stun)
    Doesn't seem to be. Duration of the beam seems to be random. Got Qarn again yesterday and managed to land a full 6-second stun once the beam started. I noticed for once there's a definite humming sound once he starts doing it!

It looked like the beam stopped a few seconds into the stun, but the target also ran in to mosh with the mummies and mummified herself during the stun.

I'm in agreement it has something to do with Ebon panels.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

What makes Shiva so hard to tank? I was trying to get my first clear last night (which is always the hardest in a PUG) and almost every wipe was due to the tank dying or messing up. This wasn't just one tank, I had about six. I haven't tanked it myself and I don't intend to, but I'm curious what the issue is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Extreme? Tank's not switching at proper times or at all, plus not avoiding stuff.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Extreme yeah. Every group was solo tank so no switching. Groups don't seem to do 2 tank on Ragnarok.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    What makes Shiva so hard to tank? I was trying to get my first clear last night (which is always the hardest in a PUG) and almost every wipe was due to the tank dying or messing up. This wasn't just one tank, I had about six. I haven't tanked it myself and I don't intend to, but I'm curious what the issue is.
    Staff stance gives tanks slashing weakness so that when she is in sword stance, she'll hit for high amounts of damage and vice versa with sword giving blunt weakness. Also not avoiding stuff.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Staff stance gives tanks slashing weakness so that when she is in sword stance, she'll hit for high amounts of damage and vice versa with sword giving blunt weakness. Also not avoiding stuff.
    this + the fact that they have to run to the pt during sword stance to splitt the dmg and spread out during staff stance. usually you assign one tank for each stance to tank. bow stance doesnt give a debuff hence any of the 2 tanks can tank during that stance.

shiva is like a mix of titan + ramuh

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Bow mode also hits like a freight train (or dumb tank just stands in front for the instant death 270 cone), because she basically almost crits for 4k+ autoattacks. It's all she really does in this mode tank-wise but still hurts if healers have gotten used to how zzz this fight is to heal otherwise. Having 2 or more stacks from the "plumes" will also tend to kill tanks eventually. Only annoying death imo is sword change between the 2 ice plumes because it's become so ingrained to spread out and get ready to go into safe spots atm.

It's because of this that I had to actually observe her animation for weapon change to be able to respond to it quicker. She does a little twirl for staff but just goes straight up and down for sword.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Bow mode also hits like a freight train (or dumb tank just stands in front for the instant death 270 cone), because she basically almost crits for 4k+ autoattacks. It's all she really does in this mode tank-wise but still hurts if healers have gotten used to how zzz this fight is to heal otherwise. Having 2 or more stacks from the "plumes" will also tend to kill tanks eventually. Only annoying death imo is sword change between the 2 ice plumes because it's become so ingrained to spread out and get ready to go into safe spots atm.

It's because of this that I had to actually observe her animation for weapon change to be able to respond to it quicker. She does a little twirl for staff but just goes straight up and down for sword.
    The 270 degrees bow 1 shot move is SLOW AS HELL people need to be really "slow" to get hit by that

Also hailstorm hits before the plumes do. So you can wait inside a plume till hailstorm is done then move to a safe spot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post

The one time I'm absolutely glad awareness is in the game. In other news I just eat the circle right before bow. The dps I get just chill out in front of Shiva every time she goes to bow form. Just got to the point I would take the stack so I had less derps to worry about. Also, since it never crits the healers don't have to really worry about anything at that point. 2k hits; zero damns given.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast