1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 14 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2.4 Dungeons and Trials     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Snowcloak Yeti boss. How big can you make the snowballs? I've always turned the spriggans into a ball, hit them once more and then used them. Can they get bigger?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Spriggan > Small ball > Medium ball > Large ball

I'm relatively certain it can't go above "large" (a.k.a. getting hit with that cone 3 times). Large takes off a good 10% or so of the bosses HP.

Also, while we're talking about that boss, don't waste your time trying to grab the ogre that spawns periodically, just focus on pointing the vomit cone at the most spriggans possible. The ogre doesn't pay attention to the hate list.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Ooh. I feel like an idiot now for not trying past 2. I'll do the boss "right" from now on.

I always let the DPS go after the ogre. He dies in seconds and they need something to do while I spin the boss to make ammo.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    while I spin the boss to make ammo.
    wat.

Take to edge, turn around. Hit 80% of the field. Much better

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    wat.

First time I encountered this, I got my ass frozen because that cone gets suuuper wide at the edge, but that's my own fault for standing at the entrance of the arena as a DPS.

While we're on the topic of this boss though, do you need to stike the snowballs in the correct direction to strike the boss? I've always taken the time to make sure I line the strike up like I'm bowling, but I don't actually know if that's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    I always let the DPS go after the ogre. He dies in seconds and they need something to do while I spin the boss to make ammo.
    Unless I'm mistaken the Ogres ignore hate anyway, so yea they're not really your concern.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

wat.

Whoops. Didn't mean this literally, but I swear I always get Spriggans that spawn just off to the side and out of range. Didn't think to bring him to the edge because I don't trust pugs to get out of the way, but I'll give it a go.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's a thing with pugs; I don't understand why heals and ranged need to be all the way in the back. 90% of every boss in this game is absolutely safe in melee range, and easier to dodge by LoS than anything.

I make it a point to point the middle of the cone at anyone standing way in the back until they get over to the boss, if ever :3

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Dumb question but can you LOS prey in satasha HM?

I had a tank today that kept LOSing the Scorpion and he never got prey once during the fight, and the boss never Tail Screw either

Exept at 10% he stopped LOSing and he got prey like 5 sec after

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    While we're on the topic of this boss though, do you need to stike the snowballs in the correct direction to strike the boss?
    Surprisingly, you do. The Yeti's hitbox is pretty huge, so, at first glance, it doesn't really seem necessary, but I have accidentally Scathed a big-ass snowball in the completely wrong direction before while trying to stun that vulnerability AoE and it just rolled into the wall and broke. :<

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I did Fire2 like 3 max snowballs into him once. Felt good. That said I'm surprised they all went at him; I assumed it would knock them away from the AoE source. Unless I just happened to aim that correctly.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeti is my favorite boss of the new dungeons, because after making 3 big snowballs, I get to do THE OVERPOWER OF DEATH. Boss goes from 50% to dead in one single blow <3

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It's a thing with pugs; I don't understand why heals and ranged need to be all the way in the back. 90% of every boss in this game is absolutely safe in melee range, and easier to dodge by LoS than anything.
    Yeh. I hate the hivemind of people. I get told to move out of melee range for no reason at all while on brd/blm/heal lol

Im pretty sure you can LoS prey, as i've tried that as nin and avoided it completely twice, i think. seems like it's a linear AoE ala glower.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    can you LOS prey in satasha HM?
    I have tried but it doesn't work. (not extensive testing, just 1 run) We tried passing the line like Homing missile and I think it worked once but I couldn't get the BRD to pay attention and try it again. (again, only 1 run) Needs more testing.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I wasn't able to LoS it, but if you can get it to hit for 0 it won't stun, allowing a followup shield bash on tail screw. Additionally, can be passed by contact - I've grabbed it as nin and pdodged the attack a few times.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So snowcloak first boss, anyone else notice in the 2.41 the note about the bug that was addressed: "An issue during the first boss battle in Snowcloak wherein the Frozen debuff would apply even when taking preventative measures during the action Snow Drift."

Found out today what those preventative measures are. You don't get the stack if you're moving. But it seemed wonky trying it out, got it to work a few times, then didn't work others...and doing that as a tank without cleaving people or messing up melee's positionals was just a pain.

But for what it's worth, that's what you're supposed to do.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You have to be registered as moving before that fullscreen blizzard effect goes off which follows a couple seconds after the cast bar for snow drift (or whatever it's called) finishes.

Bosses die so damn quick in Snowcloak if everyone knows what they're doing, it's pretty silly.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

It still doesn't seem like it works 100% of the time though. I've been moving before the cast through until the end of the animation and still got a stack from it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    It still doesn't seem like it works 100% of the time though. I've been moving before the cast through until the end of the animation and still got a stack from it.
    I've actually began running when he start using it and followed the outside of the ring not following any of my footsteps and kept moving non stop until I was hit. Still got a stack of frozen.

Was odd, as of the last couple times I did the dungeon this week, it feels like everyone was getting stacks regardless of motion. Irritating sometimes how I can do one fight and avoid it every time, and another time, same method, get hit every time ._. - User error I guess.