1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: 2.4 Dungeons and Trials     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

I'm under the assumption it's just straight-up broken now; I haven't been able to prevent a stack since the patch and I don't stop moving through the entire fight. I run in small circles right in front of the boss to keep his shimmying to a minimum and it doesn't matter at all.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah last update definitely broke it, used to avoid it 100% of the time, now I get stacks every time no matter what I'm doing. It's annoying but luckily the fight is easy enough where it doesn't matter.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Or maybe we wern't suppose to be able to dodge it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Their post seem to indicate otherwise -.-

Either they completely broke it or the measures was something completely different

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I've had mixed results strafting left and right repeatedly before the fullscreen snowstorm animation starts up whereas just running in one direction has often gotten me a debuff.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Add me to the boat of people who were able to avoid getting stacks just fine before the update and getting a stack 100% of the time regardless of what I do now. Not like it matters anyway but the mechanic seems needlessly obscure.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Could it now be taking damage? I feel like I haven't got a stack when Succor/Aldo blocked the damage. Maybe tinhat.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Decided to run Shiva EX on my SCH for once instead of DPS, easy enough to heal through but I'm curious if SCH are placing their fairies anywhere specific? She kept getting rolled by icicles, do people just place her in the middle and swiftcast resummon when she has too many stacks to live through shit or is there a better way to be handling her?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I either just resummon her or remember to use Sustain and heal her from time to time. I think that's like the only encounter where I actually try to look at her health.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I just move her so she doesnt die on the Bow AOE

If you have her on follow and dodge to the outer edge for icicles I would imagine she wouldn't accumulate stacks at all.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Decided to run Shiva EX on my SCH for once instead of DPS, easy enough to heal through but I'm curious if SCH are placing their fairies anywhere specific? She kept getting rolled by icicles, do people just place her in the middle and swiftcast resummon when she has too many stacks to live through shit or is there a better way to be handling her?
    When I play on my SMN, I keep my pet in the middle, where everyone regroups, so they can soak up the AoE heals, then for bow form I just have them follow me to her flank after the frontal spray.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Middle would be best. Most fairies I see on follow die from eating 4 icicles every phase.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How do I avoid the gaze attack from sunken temple boss as pld? Not the impure light one, where he turns around and targets someone randomly, but this was an attack that had a line drawn towards me and it followed me. I turned around, but nothing.

It took me from 0 to 4 stacks and made me a mummy pretty quick. I hadn't tanked before, didn't know what to do.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Stun, Bind, or Heavy and break the tether by gaining distance. Usually none will ever be applied and DPS will stun the fuck out of the thing to the point of DR so you pretty much just have to deal with it, if it targets a DPS and you're able to stun it they're more than likely to just stand there and get turned into a mummy rather break the tether and wait a moment before going back in because tunnel vision.

Can also Holmgang to keep the boss in place but you risk binding yourself in the path of mummies and targeted person may not even try to run anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9